Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

"Lolita" is the only song I really dislike, but it also just may be one of the worst pop songs I heard that year. :poordat:

tumblr_n5ha8cNMYH1qlvwnco1_500.gif

I was listening to lolita while reading this

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Sometimes I think Lana is responsible for all of the slow, moody music in alt. pop and pop music today.

I felt like I noticed a shift in 2012/2013 in terms of pop stars image and music. Like everyone was suddenly making these "cinematic" music videos that were all dramatic and some had toned down their bright and poppy image and the music starts becoming "serious" and slowed down A LOT. 

Idk these are some things off the top of my head, just a thought.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

Honestly, Lana damn near influenced a lot of trends, especially in music.

I think Lana is the reason why so many ppl now call their boyfriends 'daddy'. :hawt:

Sometimes I think Lana is responsible for all of the slow, moody music in alt. pop and pop music today.

I felt like I noticed a shift in 2012/2013 in terms of pop stars image and music. Like everyone was suddenly making these "cinematic" music videos that were all dramatic and some had toned down their bright and poppy image and the music starts becoming "serious" and slowed down A LOT. 

Idk these are some things off the top of my head, just a thought.

YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE! She brought back a lot of trends; like flower-crowns (I am still convinced that standard flower-crown Snapchat filter was made because of her); cinematic music video projects (like Tropico); and her whole general aesthetic. I'm aware she didn't necessarily "invent" these things but she definitely brought them into the spotlight. She never gets recognised for it though!

You know how people always say fillers became "trendy" because of Kylie Jenner? Well I have a theory she was influenced by Lana because she was a fan of Lana before she (Kylie) got her new lips lmao  :yesnod:

I can literally see Lana's influence within most popular things though so I don't know if I am actually just insane or what?

giphy.gif  

YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE! She brought back a lot of trends; like flower-crowns (I am still convinced that standard flower-crown Snapchat filter was made because of her); cinematic music video projects (like Tropico); and her whole general aesthetic. I'm aware she didn't necessarily "invent" these things but she definitely brought them into the spotlight. She never gets recognised for it though!

You know how people always say fillers became "trendy" because of Kylie Jenner? Well I have a theory she was influenced by Lana because she was a fan of Lana before she (Kylie) got her new lips lmao  :yesnod:

I can literally see Lana's influence within most popular things though so I don't know if I am actually just insane or what?

I feel the same thing!  This is why I feel like later on down the road, Lana will be recognized as a LEGEND! 

I remember I started writing an essay for English class about Lana's influence on music. I didn't finish it because I later dropped the course. I'm considering finishing the essay and make a mini-documentary lol

to extend your point, and it's an unpopular opinion I think, it's a shame she abandoned her 2011-2012 persona. It truly was one of the hugest cultural influence of the decade

yep..I mean she could change it a bit but yes 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I feel the same thing!  This is why I feel like later on down the road, Lana will be recognized as a LEGEND! 

I remember I started writing an essay for English class about Lana's influence on music. I didn't finish it because I later dropped the course. I'm considering finishing the essay and make a mini-documentary lol

A mini-documentary would be amazing, you should totally do that! There's so much you could discuss because her impact extends to so many different areas! 

giphy.gif  

to extend your point, and it's an unpopular opinion I think, it's a shame she abandoned her 2011-2012 persona. It truly was one of the hugest cultural influence of the decade

I agree, it was very innovative for sure. Before Lana, I had never seen anything like her 2011-2012 persona. I feel like she was way ahead of her time. She created such an immersive world with her music and apperance, it was truly magical. Even the Lizzy Grant era was very unique, now I see a lot of young girls aspiring to create a watered-down version. Maybe the "ahead of her time" point can relate to the hate she received, people didn't understand it when she first came out

giphy.gif  

A mini-documentary would be amazing, you should totally do that! There's so much you could discuss because her impact extends to so many different areas! 

I think I'm gonna do some more research and collect my thoughts. There are so many things I want to do with Lana *wow that sounds wrong :creep: * I just don't know what to write about! :toofunny:

I want Lana to get a new boyfriend cause I live for the drama. That or I want g eazy or Halsey to clap back

She should date the Tame Impala guitarist 

Hes everything she needs tbh and they been friends first

+ She said never a date a lead singer cause theyre selfish. 

She should date the Tame Impala guitarist

Hes everything she needs tbh and they been friends first

+ She said never a date a lead singer cause theyre selfish.

I’m not familiar with the band mates and I just looked them up and it says they all play guitar ahah

Which one?

I desperately need Lana to reinvent herself in terms of image.

Like I basically want Born To Die aesthetics with blonde hair. Like I really want Lana to have blonde hair. Lol