PennCentralFan

Lana living in the UK thoughts?

I've always thought what makes Lana's music appealing especially to Europeans is her Americaness. 

She is an America and I wonder if she'll lose her edge living in the UK. I mean the day of their empire is long gone and as a cultural force the UK is through and they only think they are important in world affairs because the US lets them think they are.

Madonna went through a creative wasteland with her time spent in the UK. I'm glad though that Lana recorded and wrote her album in the US.

I don't get living in the UK though, there's no creative energy in a place where an empire dies and they get their ideas in music from the US anyways but as a devoted fan I want what's best for her and if she's happy in the UK then so be it. 

She's more popular in the UK and Europe so I don't blame her but until you make it big in America you haven't really made it.

I just hope she hasn't completely given up on the US, it's not full of haters.  :ohno: 

I don't think she has. Like she went to NYC and met with fans and stuff and she looked genuinely happy. She knows she's got fans here. She just loves Europe ig.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I mean the day of their empire is long gone and as a cultural force the UK is through and they only think they are important in world affairs because the US lets them think they are.

I don't get living in the UK though, there's no creative energy in a place where an empire dies and they get their ideas in music from the US 

wtf

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I've always thought what makes Lana's music appealing especially to Europeans is her Americaness. 

She is an America and I wonder if she'll lose her edge living in the UK. I mean the day of their empire is long gone and as a cultural force the UK is through and they only think they are important in world affairs because the US lets them think they are.

Madonna went through a creative wasteland with her time spent in the UK. I'm glad though that Lana recorded and wrote her album in the US.

I don't get living in the UK though, there's no creative energy in a place where an empire dies and they get their ideas in music from the US anyways but as a devoted fan I want what's best for her and if she's happy in the UK then so be it. 

She's more popular in the UK and Europe so I don't blame her but until you make it big in America you haven't really made it.

bullshit. 

4r9w86.jpg

I mean the day of their empire is long gone and as a cultural force the UK is through and they only think they are important in world affairs because the US lets them think they are I don't get living in the UK though, there's no creative energy in a place where an empire dies and they get their ideas in music from the US anyways but as a devoted fan I want what's best for her and if she's happy in the UK then so be
Someone's pressed there's no US tour :heidi: And wasn't like 3/4 of BTD written, recorded and produced in the UK? :oprah2:

Edit: I like the shade tho, it's cute :awk:

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

I'm gonna have to stick up for my country here.

The UK is an amazing place to live. Especially London. If you've ever been to central London, you will know what a magical, inspiring place it is to be. It's full of different cultures and ways of life, full of opportunities and full of beauty. I have no idea about Lana's personal reasons for moving to the UK, but I certainly don't think her career will suffer for it in the slightest. The UK has produced a lot of amazing musicians, as someone mentioned above, so I don't think it's fair to write it off just because it's not America. Lana obviously sees something in living here, she envisions some new life experiences or some new influences on her music, or something to that effect. London is a truly breathtaking place, and I think Lana will flourish here. 

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png

I would agree.

:awk:

Um, US musicians and bands have been getting influences from British music since forever. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, The Sex Pistols.

Edit: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Sting, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Madien, The Police.

:uh:

& What does "where an empire dies" supposed to mean?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I just wish she wouldn't leave the US and continue working in America. In reality though British rock and roll and pop musicians got their inspiration from American artists and American music. Rock and roll is American music and so is rap and hip-hop.

I just wish she wouldn't leave the US and continue working in America. In reality though British rock and roll and pop musicians got their inspiration from American artists and American music. Rock and roll is American music and so is rap and hip-hop.

I'm pretty sure that not every single British musician was 'inspired' by America. America is unquestionably a wonderful place, but it doesn't detract from the individuality of British artists. A lot of them were probably inspired by things other than America. Please stop suggesting that everything about the UK is directly related to America, because people here can stand on their own two feet and make their own music inspired by a huge variety of things. 

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png

I mean the day of their empire is long gone and as a cultural force the UK is through and they only think they are important in world affairs because the US lets them think they are.

Doesn't all this apply more to America itself other than the United Kingdom? I really don't want to get into a cultural scientific discussion where people end up being offended because their patriotism kicks in, BUT the points you make sound very biased, and extremely typical of what the American stereotype thinks of the UK. Quick reminder: war time is over, rock'n'roll and chewing gum is now international and not exclusively American. Malicious tongues might even claim that the US is a little behind culturally... which is why it imports British music acts into their rather homogeneous and charmless repertoire of popstars. But only malicious tongues, you know...

When you say that "there's no creative energy in the UK" I can only shake my head. Forgive my bluntness but who are you to say that?

The overall sense I get from your posts is not the worry of a fan, but rather total misconception, prejudice misjudgment of and about three entire nations (four if you include Northern Ireland).

But you do know that European musicians have evolved these sounds and genres... not to mention all the European (and British) masterminds of electronic music.