Amadeus

Florrie

She just posted a InstaStory that the second lot of vinyls is about to arrive - and she revealed she added one song last minute. Apparently it's a rework of an old song she played live a few times but never released it and it was very requested by fans... will it actually be "Go"? From the unleaked / unreleased songs of that time, "Go" is probably the most requested, although "Galaxies" and "Looking for Love in the Wrong Place" also have been requested a lot. I asked her and she just said "Shhhhh" :trisha: 

If the album is really coming in late March she's taking her sweet time, one month to go only? Sounds very rushed.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Rushed? she is been teasing the release for so long, lol I think is about time. I know it will be a stellar album, all the tracks she released one by one since 2020 were amazing.

32 minutes ago, PCM86 said:

Rushed? she is been teasing the release for so long, lol I think is about time. I know it will be a stellar album, all the tracks she released one by one since 2020 were amazing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I've been dying for an album for like half a decade (and her longtime fans even more), but if no lead single has dropped so far I don't see likely that the album comes in a month. But it's happening, and hopefully it's sooner than later <3

Yeah, her latest songs have been really good! She compiled 99% of them in a compilation released in December, titled Personal. A nice prelude for the album if you ask me!

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I've been dying for an album for like half a decade (and her longtime fans even more), but if no lead single has dropped so far I don't see likely that the album comes in a month. But it's happening, and hopefully it's sooner than later <3

Yeah, her latest songs have been really good! She compiled 99% of them in a compilation released in December, titled Personal. A nice prelude for the album if you ask me!

Forgot about no real single announced, lol, yeah then it might not get released by then unless she has a single release date really soon. Probably April but she is a mess with releases and dates so it might be for later on...

53 minutes ago, PCM86 said:

Forgot about no real single announced, lol, yeah then it might not get released by then unless she has a single release date really soon. Probably April but she is a mess with releases and dates so it might be for later on...

She's a mess with releases because she's just kind of.....there. 

I love her to pieces and she's precious and baby and all, but like....I've never seen her demonstrate any sense of urgency or drive.

https://media.tenor.com/tqgclLZB37sAAAAe/bills-tyra.png

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Someone on PopJustice posted the album tracklist months ago, for those who are curious. This is before the addition of whatever the other re-recorded track is.

Spoiler
  1. The Lost Ones
  2. Never Far From Paradise
  3. Kissing In The Cold
  4. Personal
  5. Honeymoon’s Over
  6. If It’s Been a Hard Night
  7. Bad Movie
  8. Love Hearts
  9. I Took a Little Something [re-recording of the Experiments song]
  10. Get You Back [re-recording of the Late song, I'm Gonna Get You Back]
  11. Jealous

Album is titled The Lost Ones.

I really hope that tracklist isn't true. Really only 9 new songs after all this time making it? and the 12th track is another re-recorded track so is pretty disappointing. I mean she released more new songs in her "Personal" album tracklist when she gathered all her latest singles than in this debut album.

Who wants a new version of ITALS after all these years, that song is perfect already as it is and is freaking 12 years old.

2 hours ago, PCM86 said:

Who wants a new version of ITALS after all these years, that song is perfect already as it is and is freaking 12 years old.

ITAS and I'm Gonna Get You Back are perfect as is; I'm Gonna Get You Back ranks REAAAALLLY high in my personal list of top songs as well. They don't need to be changed imho.

My worry on those is that ITALS would be "roughed up" and IGGYB would be "softened"; Florrie's style has changed a LOT since she started. Her newer/later music has very much become softer, warmer, mellow. Her early stuff was a little grittier, a little more electro pop, a little more psychedelic in places. ITALS feels lighter and fluffier than what she's put out recently, and IGGYB has an edge an energy that she hasn't shown in awhile.

IDK. She can re-record if she likes, but I may not be listening....

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

15 hours ago, PCM86 said:

I really hope that tracklist isn't true. Really only 9 new songs after all this time making it? and the 12th track is another re-recorded track so is pretty disappointing. I mean she released more new songs in her "Personal" album tracklist when she gathered all her latest singles than in this debut album.

to be fair, this album she's releasing has not been in the making for the longest. she was working on it from like 2021-2022 iirc, so it's a decent wait - it's Florrie we're talking about, the 2016-2019 no-releases period was an absolute drought. besides, the Personal compilation had, comparatively speaking, older tracks included so I don't see why is that a problem (Borderline and Unstable were roughly 4 years old when Personal came out last December, and Hell or High Water was 3 years old as well).

about the re-recorded tracks, yeah I don't think they are needed in the new album. tbh if they were bonus tracks it'd be fine. but as part of the standard tracklist, instead of new songs, now that's a choice.

all in all,, i believe that's an older tracklist. there's chances it changed - i just hope it's worth the wait for the fans that have always wanted an album from her. i'm here for it nevertheless.

23 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

to be fair, this album she's releasing has not been in the making for the longest. she was working on it from like 2021-2022 iirc, so it's a decent wait - it's Florrie we're talking about, the 2016-2019 no-releases period was an absolute drought. besides, the Personal compilation had, comparatively speaking, older tracks included so I don't see why is that a problem (Borderline and Unstable were roughly 4 years old when Personal came out last December, and Hell or High Water was 3 years old as well).

about the re-recorded tracks, yeah I don't think they are needed in the new album. tbh if they were bonus tracks it'd be fine. but as part of the standard tracklist, instead of new songs, now that's a choice.

all in all,, i believe that's an older tracklist. there's chances it changed - i just hope it's worth the wait for the fans that have always wanted an album from her. i'm here for it nevertheless.

Well but "Personal" is not an album perse, is more of a compilation of the last songs released as an independant artist and well 3-4 years is not that far away. I mean, sonically all songs fit together nicely.

The 2016-2019 period was tragic, I seriously thought she quitted music.

I think the wait wouldn't be that long if 12 new tracks are included, 9 + 3 re-recorded songs... bittersweet taste but 1) hopefully that tracklist is old and 2) I am here for it anyway. She deserves the best.

FUCK IT'S HAPPENING!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3-p-nzs7eR/?img_index=1

(doesn't embed but it's her latest ig post). She says March 22nd so lead single? There's also what seems to be a music video in the making... it's finally happening omg :oprah4:

I’m so glad there’s a thread for her 😭 I used to bop to her years ago and am getting back into her again (I listen to I took a little something almost daily) the new single sounds cute!!! :popcorn:excited to listen

Album cover and tracklist, releases on June 14th!

https://t2.genius.com/unsafe/847x0/https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F9dcb9f33f2f8e0e468d285f99a0b011d.1000x1000x1.png

1. The Lost Ones 03:41
2. Never Far From Paradise 03:07
3. Kissing In the Cold 03:54
4. Personal 03:25
5. Honeymoon's Over 03:02
6. Looking for Love 03:17
7. If It's Been A Hard Night 03:20
8. Bad Movie 03:29
9. Love Hearts 03:19
10. I Took A Little Something (2024 Version) 03:30
11. Get You Back 04:16
12. Jealous 03:15

The new song is really really good! I absolutely love it :bop: 

Ngl I'm a little bugged that Personal was added, and also I don't see the point on redoing songs previously released like I Took a Little Something and I'm Gonna Get You Back. She had tons of unreleased tracks (Go, Galaxies, Stupid Boy, Shut Down, Rumours, Last Thing on Your List, Get You Good, Hungry Like a Wolf; I know some don't fit but I think Galaxies and Hungry Like a Wolf would've been sweet choices instead)... anyways I won't complain. We're getting an album and it's sounding promising.

Also it's great that the album is not really that far from now, only three months! Can't wait :excited: 

I don't buy vinyls wish they would release it on CD format... the orange color is absolutely beautiful.