Limelight

SMASH references Lana in new track

I cannot believe that music like this exists. Is this song a comment on people not being "original" while sounding like music for a Doritos commercial made in five minutes on GarageBand by an in-house jingle writer at Disney?   

What is SMASH? Why does this exist? 

Let me see if the magikarp flops around this time  :magikarp:

I don't even know what it is, like I said, I just copied the thread from another forum because they reference Lana ( And it is her people '' tracks leaked, hipsters freaked'') And I agree with you, the song sucks.

EotAQlJ.jpg

If no one cared there would be no posts in this thread

:shh:

:hottie:

Basically no one cares what this artist says about Lana so even if there are posts we are just talking here, what part of no one cares don't you understand :kiss:

I don't even know what SMASH is but from what I was able to see is that it is a tv show or something. Just saw a thread about it in another forum and decided to post it here since it's a Lana forum and that's what we are supposed to do, share information. Try to view it in another way, people are singing about Lana ( even if the songs are shit), which shows her impact. I am not asking anyone to like it because I know it is not that interesting so If you don't care about it just kindly fuck off and keep quiet instead of saying unnecessary bullshit.

EotAQlJ.jpg

Is this song a comment on people not being "original" while sounding like music for a Doritos commercial made in five minutes on GarageBand by an in-house jingle writer at Disney?   

That's what I thought at first too! I was so furious at the possibility it even MIGHT be about Lana, I wrote a parody on the spot. A really mean parody.

Then I found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_songs_in_Smash#Original

"Original" is an original song introduced in the tenth episode of the second season of the musical TV series Smash, entitled "The Surprise Party". It was written by Pasek and Paul (per the episode's credits), but in the show's universe, it was written by songwriting team Jimmy Collins (Jeremy Jordan) and Kyle Bishop (Andy Mientus) for their Hit List musical.

In the episode, Karen Cartwright (Katharine McPhee) and Jimmy rehearse this Hit List number, with Karen as Amanda performing this number to show her boyfriend Jesse (Jimmy) that she wants to be an original pop star.

I think the lyrics are supposed to be "Amanda"'s fondest dream :toofunny:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I don't even know what SMASH is but from what I was able to see is that it is a tv show or something. Just saw a thread about it in another forum and decided to post it here since it's a Lana forum and that's what we are supposed to do, share information. Try to view it in another way, people are singing about Lana ( even if the songs are shit), which shows her impact. I am not asking anyone to like it because I know it is not that interesting so If you don't care about it just kindly fuck off and keep quiet instead of saying unnecessary bullshit.

Hahaha why do you understand this part of 'No one cares what this guy says about Lana' as 'No one cares what you posted'

kindly fuck off

:brows:  mmm I almost get hurt darling, maybe you need a boyfriend?

I'm so late i know :hooker:  

i think it is about Lana because of the lyrics and because of this (bad choreographed) video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdKu008cF4&pxtry=1

as you can see a random (blonde) High-SChool girl turns into something glamorous and i think they wanted to do something like this

135347503.jpg

you can see it at 1:50

and omg the choreography is such a mess  :horror:

oh and yeah am i the only one who thinks "GaGa" looks more like X-Tina in her Moulin Rouge thing than like GaGa ?

i76mrxw.png 

Not sure if this has been posted or not-- I couldn't really find a thread about it but I'm pretty bad at searching. Anyway, the TV drama/musical show had a song featured on its second season called "Original", which both features Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga references. Seems like it's dissing Gaga more than Lana, but when I watched the episode I couldn't help but laugh. And then a guy in the episode talks about how they're both really fake... lol.

Lana references/Lyrics:

Way back before she hit the scene
And she became the indie queen
She was a girl with nothing big to say
Her mouth was full of silver spoons
Singing her dime a dozen tunes
'Til she came up with something new to play

A girl so scarred, a pain so real
A life so hard, becomes a song you feel
Her tracks were leaked and all the hipsters freaked
She made herself a star

She wants, she wants, she wants to be original
She will, she will become something remarkable
Who cares, who cares, who cares what stunt she has to pull
She'll be remade as somebody original

I can't find the video of the song being performed on the show, but they had a really weird-looking dancer wear a Lizzy Grant-ish letterman jacket and I think she had blonde hair. And then she transformed into SNL Lana and then danced really weirdly. Anyway, thought you guys would like to know about this. Sad thing the show got canceled though, it was pretty good.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

it has, i think sitar posted it in a thread, or started a thread anyways, the music video shows a girl looking a lot like lana doing SNL lol oh and they also did gaga in the same song

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png