drewby

MS MR

Oh dang, I'm ready. Even though I'm not the type to listen to new live songs first, I'd love to know what people are saying about them / if they have a new sound

Billboard "After establishing a unique brand of "gloom pop" on 2013's brooding Secondhand Rapture, the duo displayed a shimmery new sound that blends disco, math-rock and even hip-hop flourishes, which the crowd ate up, singing along by mid-song to standouts like "How Does It Feel" and forthcoming first single "Painted."

BzhmW.png

Billboard "After establishing a unique brand of "gloom pop" on 2013's brooding Secondhand Rapture, the duo displayed a shimmery new sound that blends disco, math-rock and even hip-hop flourishes, which the crowd ate up, singing along by mid-song to standouts like "How Does It Feel" and forthcoming first single "Painted."

Wow that sounds very... eclectic? Wtf is "math-rock"???

H0bDaqU.gif

Interview on up coming album.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6524253/ms-mr-interview-second-album-painted

"I think we got much better about developing skills we didn't have on the first record, like 'Okay, we want to write a dance song right now that's still rooted in the MS MR aesthetic,'" the group's Max Hershenow told Billboard about the album last month.

The as-yet-untitled new album will also include the first co-writes of the band's young careers, and with some pretty huge names. The duo linked up with Tove Lo and MNDR for the new album, which will be presented at upcoming summer festivals like Lollapalooza and Osheaga.