drewby

MS MR

Nothing about this new album has jumped out at me yet. Painted was alright, and then the rest of the tracks are just kind of... eh. Secondhand Rapture took some time to grow on me, then kind of lost its edge after multiple listens, so idk. Lizzy's voice only has one "mode"/inflection, which has gotten under my skin - she can't adjust her voice correctly for different moods.

You've pin-pointed why it feels really flat. It's so noticable. If you're singing a song called Leave Me Alone and there's the lyrics "please just leave me alone" and there's no emotion there and it's like you're just talking about the weather there's something wrong.

It actually really annoys me how their songs lack backing vocals... Like I love criminals so much but if they stuck a couple in there it would be amazing

I'm guessing it's because they built the songs around their vision of how it would be performed live, but it does make some of the album a little flat in that area too. The live performance video of Painted imo worked better than just hearing it. Overall Wrong Victory is still my favorite. Others just blended in together on the 1st listen, probably because all the things mentioned. I'm totally disappointed.

Why was the album release exclusively to Apple music? Stupid tbh I'd been looking for it on spotify today lol

Painted sounds like they took a song of they had and remixed it. Loud with instruments but flat with lyrical substance

Nothing scares me anymore.

Why was the album release exclusively to Apple music? Stupid tbh I'd been looking for it on spotify today lol

Painted sounds like they took a song of they had and remixed it. Loud with instruments but flat with lyrical substance

that's the whole album

MkWI4Ns.png

that's the whole album

I stopped listening after Wrong Victory. I'm not surprised though, Secondhand Rapture was okay, but all the songs sounded similar and she seemed mostly bored in all of them.

Oh and by the way I enjoy reading your reviews on your website.

Nothing scares me anymore.

I stopped listening after Wrong Victory. I'm not surprised though, Secondhand Rapture was okay, but all the songs sounded similar and she seemed mostly bored in all of them.

Oh and by the way I enjoy reading your reviews on your website.

I listened to the full album three times and that was plenty for me :rip:

And thanks! I'm glad somebody's reading them!

MkWI4Ns.png

I've never been able to get into their music before, but after having Criminals on repeat for the last week, I decided to listen to the full album, and overrall I actually enjoyed it. Her voice didn't really work on a few tracks though IMO. Like the production and the vocals don't always click.

tumblr_nkg4kzoz7y1td0oleo1_500.gif

I think it's pretty telling how I feel about the new album that I'm more willing to see them over Charli XCX/Bleachers in ATL on the same night

like Charli has been done with this record and probably is tired of performing the songs, whereas MS MR is really proud of this record and it shows

BzhmW.png

MS MR are performing "Criminals" on Thursday night on Late Night With Seth Meyers

They also performed it live for Vevo Lift, it's a great performance as usual

I really loved and respected Max's comments about how he realized that his experiences with being gay and how it was received came because he's a privileged white male.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/ms-mr-how-does-it-feel-/55816d2d78c90a5db900012f

I think of this often. Max made me like and respect them on a whole new level. The fact that he shone(shined?idk) a light on something that is not talked about at all in music, not even understood by many people, is amazing.