Creyk

"Young and Beautiful" - Music Video

This many sound like a dumb post but, I didn't know there were brass instruments in the orchestral version.

There aren't :) . From what i can tell it’s: full string section, (prepared) piano, celesta, tube bells, bass drum (though i don’t think it’s a real one--i think it’s programmed), and i think there’s some sort of synth bass, as well as some soundscape stuff. It’s funny because not only do they show the french horns where they’re not heard, but they also show timpani (interestingly, there are timpani in the other version of the song), and from 1:25 to 1:34 they spotlight violins in a part of the song where it's just the cellos and basses, and the violins and violas are tacet (not playing). 

Music videos are an illusion  :godlaugh:

Also, just to be pedantic, the other version of Y&B is just as “orchestral” as this one, it’s just that they’re specifically calling this arrangement the “orchestral version.” 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Damn, i’ve been looking for diamond stick-on tears for so long to do a photo shoot, and i haven’t been able to find them anywhere. Claire’s sort of had something that might have worked but they, of course, looked so cheap. Where the hell can i get some like these? TPD, you’re good at finding this kind of thing online...HELP ME?  :hooker:

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

u kno if u get desperate u can get some of those cheap nail jewelry decals and look for a marquis shape and then outline it with a thin sharpie

*resists urge 2 make moniker y&b cover art*

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Also, just to be pedantic, the other version of Y&B is just as “orchestral” as this one, it’s just that they’re specifically calling this arrangement the “orchestral version.” 

I think it's us fans that are referring to it as the "orchestral version." Isn't it just a different orchestra that's playing on the "orchestral version"?

I think it's us fans that are referring to it as the "orchestral version." Isn't it just a different orchestra that's playing on the "orchestral version"?

well in the soundtrack they named it with "orchestral version"

Damn, i’ve been looking for diamond stick-on tears for so long to do a photo shoot, and i haven’t been able to find them anywhere. Claire’s sort of had something that might have worked but they, of course, looked so cheap. Where the hell can i get some like these? TPD, you’re good at finding this kind of thing online...HELP ME?  :hooker:

HERE

1olt2g.jpg

This song hasn't grown on me as much as her other tunes. The video is nice, simple and understated. Lana looks and sounds amazing as usual, but the song just doesn't resonate with me like Burning Desire or even Blue Velvet.

This song hasn't grown on me as much as her other tunes. The video is nice, simple and understated. Lana looks and sounds amazing as usual, but the song just doesn't resonate with me like Burning Desire or even Blue Velvet.

lol u didnt write blue velvet  :defeated:

well in the soundtrack they named it with "orchestral version"

"dan heath orchestral version"

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

nothing important but i meant that for me blue velvet is worst than young & beautiful

I like the eerie vibe of Blue Velvet. Y & B is almost a conglomeration of all of Lana's songs rolled into one, from the melody to the lyrics. Not that it's bad, it just seemed sort of repetative to me.

Yes! and has far better composition than this ''orchestral'' version which lacks the magic and some great harmonies.