Sitar

Lorde

Is there a single song on the new album that is as good as 'Royals' or 'Yellow Flicker Beat'? Honestly I think Lorde has lost the plot, suddenly making generic sounding pop music.

Every song on Melodrama are better than those   :hooker:

Some songs are like they've been produced(and written) by Jackson Novem  :oopna:  :derpna:

my wig shifted a little, but is still firmly glued on 

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I like it but not as much as I thought I would. I don't like the new songs as much as the ones we heard pre-release. Also is it still a concept album? Is it supposed to have a plot or is it just supposed to center around a theme? 

I'm getting a sense of 'cult' around Lorde that makes me very uneasy. Where the quality of the songs could be fuck all, because she's a magic New Zealand pixie. Next thing she'll be making an appearance at the UN for feminism.

Is there a single song on the new album that is as good as 'Royals' or 'Yellow Flicker Beat'? Honestly I think Lorde has lost the plot, suddenly making generic sounding pop music.

Royals is more generic than anything on Melodrama but okay

I AM MY ONLY GOD

how do y'all interpret the "go back and tell it" at the beginning of hard feelings? I thought it meant she was just looking back on the relationship she had, but someone told me they thought the beat intro sounded like Royals so she says "go back and tell it" because she has similar feelings when writing/singing the song like she did with royals ...making it like a part 2 but I mean I don't know. just wanted to put that out there

I'm getting a sense of 'cult' around Lorde that makes me very uneasy. Where the quality of the songs could be fuck all, because she's a magic New Zealand pixie. Next thing she'll be making an appearance at the UN for feminism.

And how did that make you feel?

stock-footage-young-man-sitting-on-sofa-

If it was my record I would do it this way (if you like it, let me know):

Green Light - a more obscure production. Would keep the piano chords at the pre-chorus but would've take down that terrible beat/choir at the chorus. A more explosive "concussioned" beat would be my choice.

Sober - that bottled beat the beginning is terrible. Would change. Would add strings to overlay the brass part and make a good orchestrated instrumental. That final part "we know its over", would substitute for a real drumming, with some kind of garage echo, like on 'Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks'

Homemade Dynamite - love this track, i would keep the same. probably some more work on the choir part on the chorus.

The Louvre - please god let Blake Mills play this guitar intro. he would kill it. Would throw that "a ruuuuuuUUush at the beg-" part in fucking thrash

Liability - its good. subtle strings on this would be good, maybe a upright bass

Hard Feelings - scrap that song

Loveless - its good, but the noise sampling needs some treatment. Would mix a celesta and a piano at the background.

Sober II - gosh the strings on this are so fucking epic. and not because they are just strings but the melody is perfect. would change that trap beat to that one displayed in 0:58. that high pitched "we told you this was melodrama"............... terrible

Writer In The Dark - a little bit of drum and bass part at the chorus. "i am my mothers child", that part makes me cringe because her vocals are so bad. why she didnt sing in this in her normal tone?

Supercut - less folk-ier and more like this

Liability (Reprise) -   tenor.gif

Perfect Places - nothing cause this song is PERFECT hyxdKwm.gif

how do y'all interpret the "go back and tell it" at the beginning of hard feelings? I thought it meant she was just looking back on the relationship she had, but someone told me they thought the beat intro sounded like Royals so she says "go back and tell it" because she has similar feelings when writing/singing the song like she did with royals ...making it like a part 2 but I mean I don't know. just wanted to put that out there

i was also thinking about this earlier. honestly it could have both meanings. she could be speaking of the relationship she had, thinking specifically around the time when royals became the major hit it did. To me this would make sense because it touches on the same idea of writer in the dark, the fact that he hated the whole fame thing