Sitar

Lorde

This girl...I dislike her persona, the Lorde stage-name (hey, no one is making fun of it?!!!!), her grimaces when she sings (oh yeah, she feels the shit so deeply..), this boring Royal song (I don't start on the lyrics: "we crave a different kind of buzz" " but “we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams" what is different then gurl? Aha…is not defined...yet...by the management), her teenage pretentiousness.

I listened to her recently, some 4-5 melodies in a row (I liked Bravado the most) and it was tiresome because of the heavy beats, she has the same shtick (voice), much more monotone than Lana's Born to Die and Paradise in my opinion.

She's kind of "not very pretty" like Janis Joplin (this is good for her because she will not be questioned by idiots about her cosmetic surgeries), just as pretentious and annoying as Joplin (and maybe just as talented but I don't really like Joplin's music) minus the drugs.

(The name of her album is Pure heroine?!!!!! phleeease, it's certainly not a drug reference, but maybe she thinks that she's so good that her album will have the effects of the heroine on the listener?!!! She has some ego (Joplin again) I have to admit that.

This girl...I dislike her persona, the Lorde stage-name (hey, no one is making fun of it?!!!!), her grimaces when she sings (oh yeah, she feels the shit so deeply..), this boring Royal song (I don't start on the lyrics: "we crave a different kind of buzz" " but “we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams" what is different then gurl? Aha…is not defined...yet...by the management), her teenage pretentiousness.

I listened to her recently, some 4-5 melodies in a row (I liked Bravado the most) and it was tiresome because of the heavy beats, she has the same shtick (voice), much more monotone than Lana's Born to Die and Paradise in my opinion.

She's kind of "not very pretty" like Janis Joplin (this is good for her because she will not be questioned by idiots about her cosmetic surgeries), just as pretentious and annoying as Joplin (and maybe just as talented but I don't really like Joplin's music) minus the drugs.

(The name of her album is Pure heroine?!!!!! phleeease, it's certainly not a drug reference, but maybe she thinks that she's so good that her album will have the effects of the heroine on the listener?!!! She has some ego (Joplin again) I have to admit that.

pressedT

lABVyGE.png

Thanks for sharing, :icant2: :icant2: :icant2:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interview-with-Lorde/tabid/1771/articleID/313757/Default.aspx

Not a 16 year old giving a more in depth and interesting interview on her process than Lana has managed in her entire career  :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

xlHU3G7.png

^_^ ^_^ 

I watched some of that interview, it's weird how American she sounds at times

Bk8XN11.png

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

B Y E  F E L I C I A

:smokes3:  So why did you come post in a thread where her fans talk?

2dt29zc.jpg

she has the same shtick (voice)

every artist has their own "schtick" though. hers is her great voice & melodies. miley's is her trashiness. lana's is the whole sadcore thing. any artist worth being noticed has their own thing going about them, and i don't see how that's a bad thing. better her schtick be her voice than her reputation or something. 

just as pretentious and annoying as Joplin

How's she pretentious, please tell me??????? Is it because she gives intelligent answers in interviews and isn't spewing out the same kind of pop as every other Top 40 artist? Is that it? Huh.

And oh gOD... she has... conFIDENCE... in her woRK??!??!?? GOO.,.D GOD. DTHAT'S HORRIBREL!!! !1 how dare she name her album Pure Heroine!! It obviously means she's full of herself!! Egos are bADD!! no self confidence for anyone! 

14417469274.gif

every artist has their own "schtick" though. hers is her great voice & melodies. miley's is her trashiness. lana's is the whole sadcore thing. any artist worth being noticed has their own thing going about them, and i don't see how that's a bad thing. better her schtick be her voice than her reputation or something. 

How's she pretentious, please tell me??????? Is it because she gives intelligent answers in interviews and isn't spewing out the same kind of pop as every other Top 40 artist? Is that it? Huh.

And oh gOD... she has... conFIDENCE... in her woRK??!??!?? GOO.,.D GOD. DTHAT'S HORRIBREL!!! !1 how dare she name her album Pure Heroine!! It obviously means she's full of herself!! Egos are bADD!! no self confidence for anyone! 

Best part being he's speaking with such authority on her point of view despite completely missing the the real definition of "heroine" :oop:

You know I never expected huge popstar level criticism when I got into her but I'm armorin' the fuck upppp

+ I don't think the shirt I had made for her concert will arrive in time messss :judgingu:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Full-interview-with-Lorde/tabid/1771/articleID/313757/Default.aspx

Not a 16 year old giving a more in depth and interesting interview on her process than Lana has managed in her entire career  :defeated:

49 min. interview? I couldn't listen to her more than 5 min. she's not that deep or interesting. Maybe she is more "deep" than Lana because she has half of Lana's education, you know the theory that schooling is making you more stupid. Lana dosen't give a fuck about the interviews, she's not serious about them, her relationship with the media was fucked up from the begening and that wasn't entirely her fault.
About Lorde's process: "And we'll never be ruuuuuyals" is a "deep", socially sensitive "anthem", which started form her lamenting on big social issues such as "we didn't have any money for a cab after we partied"...poor NZ kids, they know better what poverty is...stupid ghetto rapers they don't have a clue...come idiots and take lessons about social isssues (and about everything else) from the Lorde (another wannabe preacher, but at 16?!!..no gurl, take a sit and learn a bit more about life before you open your mouth again)... yeah, come on, get a grip flip-floppers