Sitar

Lorde

6 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

not with that lead single :usrsney:

y'all are forgetting how terrible "Green Light" was received and then the acclaim Melodrama got 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 hours ago, Mer said:

I feel like this album is going to be darker than we are anticipating. Based off the new video she posted. 

Okay so analyzing that clip again + SP MV, I think this album's visuals take place in some post-apocalyptic cult commune. 

1. The bee-keepers in the background of the Solstice clip. We know that basically as soon as the bees go extinct, we have about 2-5 years before shit hits the fan, and then mass extinction. Maybe Lorde's cult is one of the few tribes left on earth that manage to have cultivated bees and use them to pollenate their commune. 

2. Lack of modern technology in the SP MV. The lyrics talk about her "boy taking pictures" and throwing her "cellular device" in the water, but we don't see either a camera or a phone in the video--just a weird ancient horn that was used in ancient religious rituals (see: shofar). 

3. Scarcity of food. In the SP MV, at 1:15, we see a group of Lorde's friends/cult-members sitting at a dining table--but the only thing they have in front of the whole lot of them is one bunch of grapes. This could tie in with the fact that food is scarce after whatever mass extinction/apocalypse has occurred. 

Maybe I'm just overreading tho idk 

My boy behind me, he's taking pictures

Lead the boys and girls onto the beaches
Come one, come all, I'll tell you my secrets
I'm kinda like a prettier Jesus...

What an iconic line...

4 hours ago, Mer said:

y'all are forgetting how terrible "Green Light" was received and then the acclaim Melodrama got 

green light was an amazing lead single, solar power on the other hand.....

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

43 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

Green Light was acclaimed by critics, though..

I didn’t say anything about “critics”. Go look through posts on any forum during GL’s release. Everyone accusing her of “becoming generic”. 

50 minutes ago, Mer said:

I didn’t say anything about “critics”. Go look through posts on any forum during GL’s release. Everyone accusing her of “becoming generic”. 

Sorry! When I hear acclaim I usually go with critics by default

42 minutes ago, abeloostertje said:

ok so.. i though i would wake up to at least something, but nothing yet? Do we know anything yet? 

solstice is a 24-hour thing and the whole day today is solstice. it's probably gonna happen at a random time today like SP.

42 minutes ago, abeloostertje said:

ok so.. i though i would wake up to at least something, but nothing yet? Do we know anything yet? 

well we know that her mother liked a tweet about a single coming today 

+ that random tour date that appeared on ticketmaster with a presale starting on june 24 (but now it's gone)

I hope the new song has a bit more gravity ... The lyrics of SP are so cringy. "Here is my comeback, it's a boring tune about how I love the sUmMeR sOoOo MuCh. yEaH aLl ThE bOiS aNd GuRlS aRE HeRe-AsWeLl wohooooahahahah "

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

9 hours ago, Mer said:

I feel like this album is going to be darker than we are anticipating. Based off the new video she posted. 

eclipse said that it is not 

"slight unease and tension maybe some moody heavy sad moments? yes. actually dark? no"

34 minutes ago, Amandine Insensible said:

eclipse said that it is not 

"slight unease and tension maybe some moody heavy sad moments? yes. actually dark? no"

:noparty:

Anyway, I elevated my hopes for a release today just to get nothing. It's solstice summer girl, where's Mood Ring?

7 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Anyway, I elevated my hopes for a release today just to get nothing. It's solstice summer girl, where's Mood Ring?

chile it's coming, NZ is asleep at the moment and i'm sure she did not update her site just to set us up

i think if it's a single it will be coming around the same time she dropped solar power (midnight cet) OR around 5am cet since that's when she is going to perform on tv and i guess she will play solar power AND mood ring

i'm highkey expecting a tour announcement too, we will see