pinupgirls

American Horror Story

@@Tragic Rabbit I wanted to post about "Radioactive" cause I just discovered it. :teehee:

Anyway, I don't think it's true, but I wouldn't mind. It can be creepy, and very disturbing.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

NEWS: A new trademark has been filed for "American Horror Story: Radioactive". Could this be the name of the next season? People are assuming that this is just the working title (perhaps to mislead us) just like 'Cul-De-Sac' was the working title for Cult.

Ryan Murphy has already confirmed that the sci-fi season 8 will be 'set in the future' & Sarah Paulson will be wearing 'dental appliances'.

Will this season reference the Chernobyl disaster? Will this season place in a factory? Discuss. :)

Eh, I'm not sure about Radioactive, it's reminding me too much of Stranger Things. I hope it's just a working title...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

when we discovered the working title for Cult, how long did it take for the season to come out after that? fffff i just want it

We all want the new season, but I doubt it'll come before October (unless it's 2 seasons in one year).

As for the working title, I think it was 4 months before actual premiere.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

NEWS: A new trademark has been filed for "American Horror Story: Radioactive". Could this be the name of the next season? People are assuming that this is just the working title (perhaps to mislead us) just like 'Cul-De-Sac' was the working title for Cult.

Ryan Murphy has already confirmed that the sci-fi season 8 will be 'set in the future' & Sarah Paulson will be wearing 'dental appliances'.

Will this season reference the Chernobyl disaster? Will this season place in a factory? Discuss. :)

This would kinda make sense for a scifi theme but i was kinda hoping for something a little more original? Like idk, i cant be too picky. its not the worse idea. I just dont tend to like movies with the whole 'spooky' element being crazy mutated people, so a whole AHS Season of that   :um3:

Anyway, I do wonder how all the characters and events will link to other seasons! 

sure hope Radioactive is a working title bc 1. it automatically reminds me of that godawful song & 2. the dystopian post nuclear war future kinda thing is done to death. also we don't need freak show v2.0 : radiation mutations edition, tbh.

also, justice for AHS Hotel! it's prob my fave season (tho Murder House, Coven & Cult are all high up there).

justice for AHS Hotel! it's prob my fave season

DYQ5ujx_W0_AMw41m.jpg

I mean, yes, I can understand how some people don't like it because of the storyline & stuff but since I, personally, appreciate symbolization & aesthetics it's one of my faves. I think it depends person to person what we look for in a show.

750@1008@736c05c9f82aa87a42b5bdb9ca69b5c

I'm so over the connections to other seasons and shit, it's not working nor is it even that interesting. It was cool the first or second times but I really don't think we need anymore, it cheapens the show

I'm so over the connections to other seasons and shit, it's not working nor is it even that interesting. It was cool the first or second times but I really don't think we need anymore, it cheapens the show

Yes I know. The next season is set in a future world so I don't think there will be significant connections or characters cameos... but you know season 8 is a crossover, right?

This reminds me, wasn't there a reference to radioactivity in Cult with those gas spraying trucks that killed all the birds in Ally's neighbour?

:illumarina:

I wanted Ryan to go back-to-the-basics & do something more theatrical & dramatic this time. AHS has been toned down so much thematically since Roanoke. For example we no longer get those intricate & iconic all-cast posters or mysterious teasers to theorize anymore. AHS is still a thrill to watch but it's no longer 'iconic'.

Cr3esPxUEAAQz8J.jpg

I am not much into themes like politics & science. But I'm glad he's experimenting. I mean I was expecting Cult to be about Hillary & Trump but it turned out completely different than what we expected. Let's see how Ryan tackles sci-fi genre & surprises us.

Also, on a side note - it would have been iconic if Cult was set in the 70s with a religious Cult with satanism, virgin sacrifices & all.

I mean, yes, I can understand how some people don't like it because of the storyline & stuff but since I, personally, appreciate symbolization & aesthetics it's one of my faves. I think it depends person to person what we look for in a show.

omg YES, the aesthetics in that season are for sure my fave from the entire show. i loved how dark, sordid & decadent the whole thing was, but at the same time really glamorous and just full of excess. oh and the soundtrack is FABULOUS - and when i say that, i mean that it had moments like this one:

https://vimeo.com/149678205

i was kinda surprised people didn't like the storyline tbh; i know it's messy and convoluted (tho not necessarily in a bad way imo), but it was such a fresh take on the whole ~haunted house with stuck spirits~ trope. idk, i really loved it. if there's a season i wish i could watch all over again for the 1st time, it's def Hotel. but yeah, i think your last sentence is spot on re: why it's divisive!

“I heard about that rumor [that season 8 might be titled Radioactive]. Well, that’s based on a fact that we’ve cleared a lot of titles for that show. It’s an interesting idea. I can neither confirm nor deny.” - Ryan Murphy

Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson & Evan Peters are confirmed as leads.

It will be shot in California this summer.

“I heard about that rumor [that season 8 might be titled Radioactive]. Well, that’s based on a fact that we’ve cleared a lot of titles for that show. It’s an interesting idea. I can neither confirm nor deny.” - Ryan Murphy

Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson & Evan Peters are confirmed as leads.

It will be shot in California this summer.

YAY KATHY BATES IS BACK IM SO EXCITED

RUMORS: #AHS8 is set in Arizona in 2032. Denis O'Hare, Leslie Grossman, Dylan McDermott, Adina Porter and Eddie Cibran are set to appear. The season is centred around a group of survivors of a nuclear blast who went unaffected by it, they're called 'Dolls' in-script.

RUMORS: #AHS8 is set in Arizona in 2032. Denis O'Hare, Leslie Grossman, Dylan McDermott, Adina Porter and Eddie Cibran are set to appear. The season is centred around a group of survivors of a nuclear blast who went unaffected by it, they're called 'Dolls' in-script.

Denis, Dylan and Adina? :defeated: wow I’m so excited for this season

hey it's in my state! so why not, you know, film...in state! It's literally to the direct fucking RIGHT of California! :rip: 

Also idk if this means like the world ended or ?? is it some indiana jones type shit in which they're at a facility im so confused

This reminds me, wasn't there a reference to radioactivity in Cult with those gas spraying trucks that killed all the birds in Ally's neighbour?

wasn't that confirmed to be colored water to freak her out

It is just a rumor so I would take it as a grain of sand but I'm not really impressed with this *rumored* cast list so I hope it's false. I want less men & more women in AHS.

The *rumored* plot seems interesting though. It might be a dystopian future.

Here's the source (and more details) from where the rumor spread : https://www.reddit.com/r/AmericanHorrorStory/comments/8839o8/season_8_is_set_in_arizona_in_2032_after_nuclear/

By the way, I forgot to mention a few points in my post a few weeks ago :

"I think we've never done a season like it," Ryan Murphy tells E! News. "It's all very, very dark but very funny."

"It is a projection story."

He's currently signing up some "high profile guest star names" for season eight.

Oh god it's probably gonna be a Stranger Things/Walking Dead kinda mashup. I'm really not here for that kinda thing tbh, I feel like it's way too overdone.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven