Kimi Rose

"Summertime Sadness" - Next Single in the US, July 2nd

It's so sad that amazing, extraordinary artists like Lana and maybe Sia too have to go EDM or be generic in order to gain mainstream success and popularity! Summertime is such a great song! It was the song that got me into her music and I hate the fact that this shitty remix is what people will associate with it's title.

I dont think that lana needed to go EDM.  If Interscope had pushed and promoted her radio mix it could have done well as well.

iTunes Top 20 with all versions in Top 100 combined.

1. Blurred Lines

2. We Can't Stop

3. Radioactive

4. Holy Grail

5. Best Song Ever

6. Cruise

7. Get Lucky

8. Treasure 

9. Safe and Sound

10. Same Love

11. Beneath Your Beautiful

12. Come & Get It

13. Cups

14. Burn

15. Clarity

16. Can't Hold Us

17. Love Somebody

18. Summertime Sadness

19. I Want Crazy

20. Wake Me Up

:defeated:

It's so weird watching this happen so easily. Like, it seems really fucking easy. How has she never had a US hit before Y&B?

She didn't get radio airplay before. Young and Beautiful was a big thing because radio actually played it, and after that they released this....she has been flopping with singles because of the lack of radio support before

She didn't get radio airplay before. Young and Beautiful was a big thing because radio actually played it, and after that they released this....she has been flopping with singles because of the lack of radio support before

Really? I wasn't looking at her radio updates during Y&B, but I remember that the song was at No.3 on iTunes at one point and had constantly stayed inside the Top 10 on iTunes that week, but because of the lack of airplay it "only" reached No.22 the same week. But hey, no. 22 was still great for her. 

Could this mean that we will get another remix from BTD after the success of Summertime Sadness? I don't see it coming, but usually labels want to keep that momentum with releasing something in the same vein or a new album afterwords.