Kimi Rose

"Summertime Sadness" - Next Single in the US, July 2nd

the remix is rly generic and doesn't have much to do with lana's musical style. it may speak to a larger audience but when they go and listen to born to die, there's probably only going to be a small group of ppl who will become fans of hers and not just one of the remixes of one of her songs imo

uh why does it even matter if people play the remix and then other people "don't" become fans, or "don't" really listen to the lyrics. so what. her remixes are amazing to begin with because they show that people who make music in a different way than she does are inspired by her music, and honestly who cares about "fans" or "being popular" or "other people really appreciating her lyrics." just appreciate it yourself and don't worry about other people. because why else are you listening to her music? it's not disrespectful- it's just commercial fun.

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA

I agree that it's a shame that the remix is getting the spotlight and the original [which is gorgeous] is being passed by, i've always found Lana remixes a bit tacky, there's some music out there that just shouldn't be remixed, hers is one of them. Anyway, whatevs, glad it's doing well for her, tacky remix or not.

uh why does it even matter if people play the remix and then other people "don't" become fans, or "don't" really listen to the lyrics. so what. her remixes are amazing to begin with because they show that people who make music in a different way than she does are inspired by her music, and honestly who cares about "fans" or "being popular" or "other people really appreciating her lyrics." just appreciate it yourself and don't worry about other people. because why else are you listening to her music? it's not disrespectful- it's just commercial fun.

i think most artists would prefer people to listen to their music and not just some remix that barely has anything to do with the original song. it doesn't bother me much, i was just giving my opinion.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I wish I could explain that part of me that really doesn't want her to get more attention. It makes no sense, why wouldn't I want her to be famous and rich? I guess I just don't want others listening to her  :pft:

I fear that tb's will get to her and destroy her :slay:

tumblr_mnu5unziQx1qztgoio1_500.gif

Such an awful remix. Came on Sirius BPM the other day and I was super excited at first, but it sounds so lifeless and bland on the radio. I'm afraid it's going to make a lot of people think she's either just another generic artist, or a sellout. But simultaneously I want to see her have more success, so I'm torn.

tumblr_mjtygmUvm11rtm6dso1_500.png

Such an awful remix. Came on Sirius BPM the other day and I was super excited at first, but it sounds so lifeless and bland on the radio. I'm afraid it's going to make a lot of people think she's either just another generic artist, or a sellout. But simultaneously I want to see her have more success, so I'm torn.

Well, her album has almost sold 700k in the US, so 700,000 people already know how the original sounds (not counting all the people who know her and are not interested in her music). Plus, her album is still holding on strong on US iTunes so I can see no reason why this song could give people a wrong impression of Lana (I rather think that people might chek her out more on iTunes and buy BTD and Paradise). She has already a best selling album, the exposure with this single is huge, but just because her other stuff radio wasn't interested in playing. Despite the lack of support by the radio she is on the Billboard 200 for 75 weeks.