Beemo

Grimes

When she pressed Play, the sound that emerged was—Jay Z might have been relieved to hear—not obviously indebted to Enya. There was an easygoing hip-hop beat, intensified by snare rolls sampled from a marching band, and a playful keyboard line, the kind that you might pick out with one finger. Boucher’s vocals were pitched up, to make the song easier to sing onstage, where she often finds herself floating into her upper register. The song was “World Princess Part II,” a sequel of sorts to an old song of hers, a ghostly elegy called “World ♡ Princess.” Like many Grimes songs, this one is deceptive. The lyrics, which can be hard to decipher, slowly reveal themselves to be meaner than they first sound, taking aim at someone—maybe someone in Montreal—who underestimated her 

I AM CRYINGGGGG THERE'S A WORLD PRINCESS PART TWO ONE OF MY FAVE SONGS OJNDFPIUWBPI9Uhb AHH :oprah: :oprah: :oprah: :OPRAH:

:smokes:

When she pressed Play, the sound that emerged was—Jay Z might have been relieved to hear—not obviously indebted to Enya. There was an easygoing hip-hop beat, intensified by snare rolls sampled from a marching band, and a playful keyboard line, the kind that you might pick out with one finger. Boucher’s vocals were pitched up, to make the song easier to sing onstage, where she often finds herself floating into her upper register. The song was “World Princess Part II,” a sequel of sorts to an old song of hers, a ghostly elegy called “World ♡ Princess.” Like many Grimes songs, this one is deceptive. The lyrics, which can be hard to decipher, slowly reveal themselves to be meaner than they first sound, taking aim at someone—maybe someone in Montreal—who underestimated her 

I AM CRYINGGGGG THERE'S A WORLD PRINCESS PART TWO ONE OF MY FAVE SONGS OJNDFPIUWBPI9Uhb AHH :oprah: :oprah: :oprah: :oprah:

Is this a review? OMG where is it from?

Demos_copy.png

Guys, Join ALTBOARDS cause we have a whole Grimes ection filled with lyrics + all sorts of Grimes discussions.

GOD WHERE IS THIS BITCH IM LITERALLY DYING

After the canadian elections, in that week we'll get the song + video. Everything is finally finished lmao

:smokes:

CRsEmWxUYAAob4j.jpg

It's coming bitches!! 

Grimes on Twitter:

art angels: album cover.
music and video next week
artwork by grimes

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro