Beemo

Grimes

Guys, if anyone is wondering how to pronounce Geidi Primes ( I would always call it Hey-dee Primes) but I did my research on the Dune series (where the name and the whole concept for the album sounds like) and it's pronounced Gay-tee Primes. 

:smokes:

Guys, if anyone is wondering how to pronounce Geidi Primes ( I would always call it Hey-dee Primes) but I did my research on the Dune series (where the name and the whole concept for the album sounds like) and it's pronounced Gay-tee Primes. 

Hey-dee? I always say Gay-dee. Not a 't' sound. I'm always interested in her song names and pronunciation. Sagrad  прекрасный was always 'pek pak bin' until i learned how to read Cyrillic, and then it became 'Prekrasnyy'

Hey-dee? I always say Gay-dee. Not a 't' sound. I'm always interested in her song names and pronunciation. Sagrad  прекрасный was always 'pek pak bin' until i learned how to read Cyrillic, and then it became 'Prekrasnyy'

I've never thought someone would pronounce it with an "h", but I guess it's because g is often read is an h in Spanish. I love how often Grimes uses Russian and I'm able to read it and understand it partially as my mother tongue is very similar to it. Prekrasny means wonderful in Bulgarian and in Russian btw. 

I've never thought someone would pronounce it with an "h", but I guess it's because g is often read is an h in Spanish. I love how often Grimes uses Russian and I'm able to read it and understand it partially as my mother tongue is very similar to it. Prekrasny means wonderful in Bulgarian and in Russian btw. 

my Russian friend tells me it means beautiful and is meant to be said towards a female. It makes me think if 'Sagrad' is beautiful  :teehee:  :teehee:  :hooker:

in frank herbert's official notes, it's pronounced Gay-tee, no idea why but the pronunciation is spelt exactly like that for some reason lol

my Russian friend tells me it means beautiful and is meant to be said towards a female. It makes me think if 'Sagrad' is beautiful  :teehee:  :teehee:  :hooker:

Sagrad means sacred, прекрасный means beauty/beautiful/wonderful/glad/gorgeous so it's a synonym I guess 

Sagrad means sacred, прекрасный means beauty/beautiful/wonderful/glad/gorgeous so it's a synonym I guess 

Sacred in Spanish? Not Russian, because if it was it would probably be written as Саград, (which isn't a word). Tbh I think it's just gibberish and she added a Russian word to it hehe

Sacred in Spanish? Not Russian, because if it was it would probably be written as Саград, (which isn't a word). Tbh I think it's just gibberish and she added a Russian word to it hehe

sagrad is a made up word, I always assumed  since she comes from a religious background (even though she's not religious anymore) that Sacred Beauty, as the root can be perceived in many languages (plus rosa is a spanish word for rose), plus it would make sense as a phrase. I think she would've made the whole thing in russian, rather than just the end. And yeah, claire seems to always make up her own words (Favriel, Intor, voignamir, avi) + old greek names such as Orphia, Hedra.

I think they fit really well, her area of synesthesia is very impressive when it comes to putting things together.

When I first saw the song Sagrad, I though she was talking about a "a wonderful town/city", because that's what grad/град means. Also, I love the inversion of the positions of the noun and adjective, it's very poetic. But of course, it could mean anything else 

User Actions
 Following
GNVSckKU_bigger.jpgGRIMES UPDATES@GrimezszDaily

!!! Grimes' new album WILL be on vinyl (coming in January) WITH BONUS TRACKS AND ARTWORK

User Actions
 Following

Grimes album will be unofficially release in October....... but vinyl cd etc. will be released in January !!!

User Actions
 Following

GRIMES UPDATES retweeted ☹Zach☹

I have direct contact with Claire's manager.

GRIMES UPDATES added,

☹Zach☹ @homowifi

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

Imagine if Claire remastered Dream Fortress, although idk how she could possibly make it even better, that drop is the most unearthly experience I've ever had :oprah: :Oprah: :oprah: :Oprah:

Don't fix what's not broken tbh

ljZXOe0.jpg

Don't fix what's not broken tbh

I feel like it could use subtle changes/ a cleaner production in some parts + maybe something new, She's learned so much over the years that I feel like she could easily remaster a lot of these tracks. I remember her tweeting that she remastered a whole bunch of former tracks so the thought of it happening is just :oprah: