Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

I knew all of that, but I was saying that she wasted her one opportunity to "comeback" with this free album. Just because the label was hands-off doesn't mean there wasn't buzz. She didn't need RCA to create buzz when she did that herself with the VMAs - a very big way to generate interest, but it's going to die off very soon. In a month or two, who will be talking about this free album? She's not doing a televised performance circuit, nor do I think she would release many more (if anymore) music videos for this thing.

The Bangerz era was so successful because she made the headlines every week for something strange. She was naked here, twerked here, licked something here, etc. With this, what is she going to do? Go back under the radar and keep working on her major label return? All these headlines are going to die off very soon, especially since she didn't create the massive meltdowns like she did during Twerkgate 2013 while hosting.

So, in my opinion, if RCA wants any hope of riding off the VMAs and this album, they need to act faster than six months. Otherwise, execs. and Miley are going to have to generate VMA-level buzz all over again to get her back in the front of the public's mind.

I don't think Miley's purpose is to generate buzz on this album though. This isn't your tradition pop release (if that isn't obvious). She's not pushing it because she's not making anything from it. The album isn't by design to build hype for a major label release or to generate press and sales. The album is supposed to work as a segue into Miley taking a more "serious" and hands on approach to her own music. I believe @ said this, but its meant to weed out her fan who weren't serious about her music and to further break the shell and pigeonhole that she had been put into in pop music. This is a "comeback" in the sense that while Bangerz helped break the disney image, MCAHDP serves to break the manufactured pop star image, and it does in a pretty ingenious way. I don't think people are quite understanding that theres a reason it was surprised released, theres a reason there are no singles, there a reason the album was free. Miley isn't trying to sell the public something. All of those things that you're bringing up are just marketing tools used by labels to help increase profit. By making the album free, she eliminates the need for any of that. Now granted she wants the world to know its out there (hence why she's doing SNL) but its completely removed the consumerism aspect from the equation, letting the music and artistry speak for itself.

Now the point I was trying to make was that means that we're getting new music on a studio album via RCA soon because RCA is going to force her to release an album and go on tour in the near future, however, they don't need to worry about this being "forgotten" because of lack of promotion because the RCA album will be promoted heavily regardless and the "buzz" this has received already is enough to add major credibility to whatever release she is putting out next. I was merely stating that this being an independent releases meant were still due for a major label album soon.

I don't think Miley's purpose is to generate buzz on this album though. This isn't your tradition pop release (if that isn't obvious). She's not pushing it because she's not making anything from it. The album isn't by design to build hype for a major label release or to generate press and sales. The album is supposed to work as a segue into Miley taking a more "serious" and hands on approach to her own music. I believe @ said this, but its meant to weed out her fan who weren't serious about her music and to further break the shell and pigeonhole that she had been put into in pop music. This is a "comeback" in the sense that while Bangerz helped break the disney image, MCAHDP serves to break the manufactured pop star image, and it does in a pretty ingenious way. I don't think people are quite understanding that theres a reason it was surprised released, theres a reason there are no singles, there a reason the album was free. Miley isn't trying to sell the public something. All of those things that you're bringing up are just marketing tools used by labels to help increase profit. By making the album free, she eliminates the need for any of that. Now granted she wants the world to know its out there (hence why she's doing SNL) but its completely removed the consumerism aspect from the equation, letting the music and artistry speak for itself.

Now the point I was trying to make was that means that we're getting new music on a studio album via RCA soon because RCA is going to force her to release an album and go on tour in the near future, however, they don't need to worry about this being "forgotten" because of lack of promotion because the RCA album will be promoted heavily regardless and the "buzz" this has received already is enough to add major credibility to whatever release she is putting out next. I was merely stating that this being an independent releases meant were still due for a major label album soon.

I get what you're saying, but the parts in bold contradict each other. The VMAs was clearly set up for inflated interest and 'buzz,' but by 'buzz,' I just mean widespread exposure of the album. She could have easily pulled a true 'Beyoncé' and dropped it out of nowhere, but instead, she got an entire hosting gig so she could pop herself back into the public eye before releasing the album. It may not be money, but she's being motivated by something, otherwise she wouldn't have done the awards show or agreed to SNL (I totally forgot about SNL - maybe this thing will have more longevity than I first thought). Maybe it's just making a statement, or maybe she's driven to get that message out that you mentioned - that she's involved in her music and legitimately strange, not just Bangerz-esque outrageous. She's using market tactics, but replacing profit with simple exposure in the equation.

And I agreed, we are going to see a major label album soon. I was just pondering out loud how it will do commercially after promoting a mixtape as a free album in a crucial 'comeback' time frame.

MkWI4Ns.png

her comeback will be by dropping the insane shtick, like is it really hard to see that she's doing an accelerated version of ARTPOP. Weird to batshit and then trying to earn goodwill with the public

The selling point will be that she's commercial again and she's raw

BzhmW.png

I'm surprised, I listen this album a lot (never thought saying it for a Miley album).

There's nothing I don't like in it, but my top is :

1.Cyrus Skies

2.I Forgive Yiew

3.Tiger Dreams

4.Evil is But Shadow

5.Tangerine

6.Bang Me Box

7.Slap Of Butter

I really hope she will continue that way.

Some french press compares some songs (Tiger Dreams, Fweaky and Cyrus Skies) to Lana Del Rey.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

THIS!

I WANT A VINYL :(

Got bored yesterday and made this  :toofunny:

tumblr_nu3zcqbV7c1s1c5byo1_540.jpg

I kinda doubt it will get any kind of physical release though because it sort of defeats the purpose of a "free release" 

(Also on an unrelated note, due to the length I think it'd need to be at least a 3xLP to fit all of the tracks which could get really expensive to produce)

I kinda doubt it will get any kind of physical release though because it sort of defeats the purpose of a "free release" 

so did her not making it available for download  :crossed:

BzhmW.png

Got bored yesterday and made this  :toofunny:

tumblr_nu3zcqbV7c1s1c5byo1_540.jpg

(Also on an unrelated note, due to the length I think it'd need to be at least a 3xLP to fit all of the tracks which could get really expensive to produce)

You can usually fit 45 minutes on a 12" and the album is an hour and 33 minutes. She could cut one song and fit it on a 2xLP, if she was ever to make a vinyl.

Demos_copy.png

You can usually fit 45 minutes on a 12" and the album is an hour and 33 minutes. She could cut one song and fit it on a 2xLP, if she was ever to make a vinyl.

The maximum you can get on one side of a 12" is 20 minutes before you start sacrificing sound quality and most only recommend going up to 18. She could do it I guess but I'd rather her just go with the 3xLP and keep all the tracks. I'd pay whatever she charges tbh I don't even care  :poordat:

She should take off like Pablow the Blowfish and make a cute 7 inch 45rpm with a cute design on it