sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

I agree with you peeps that are saying she doesn't owe anyone anything or an explanation of her life etc. I think people are just talking about her attitude towards things like America and seems to be forgetting most of her fans are from there and they made her what they are (in terms of being a successful musician). I think that's why some people are annoyed..is that she won't stop playing the woe is me card..

:pft:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

i only really threw that suggestion out there because i've had a lot of things in the past, and sometimes mine and lana's personalities are really similar. it was just a suggestion, and i didn't say it to be offensive at all. 

It wasn't necessarily directed at you, as I seem to be in the minority who hasn't said it   ;)

I agree with you peeps that are saying she doesn't owe anyone anything or an explanation of her life etc. I think people are just talking about her attitude towards things like America and seems to be forgetting most of her fans are from there and they made her what they are (in terms of being a successful musician). I think that's why some people are annoyed..is that she won't stop playing the woe is me card..

:pft:

Her beef with US stems from the fact that no one there cared until she already had a name in Europe. The bulk of her succes and charting took place in UK, France and Germany etc. She always talks about Europe welcoming her with open arms.

But it would suit her to lay off the attitude as she now has a very dedicated fanbase in the US who make it possible for her to have a carreer there as well. 

I applaud her rejection of being overly patriotic, it's really refreshing. The whole AMERICA FUCK YEAH thing makes me very uncomfortable. It's funny how she says Paradise sounds tropical when to me AKA sounds a lot more tropical, songs like Kill kill and such - surf noir and all.

As for her having a personality disorder, when I first saw this video I didn't know much about her yet and thought she had Asperger's (or high functioning autism or whatever they're calling it now). Just based on her facial expressions and reactions - what's she's saying and the way she's talking. If she's an INFP that's lovely, I'm one as well.

I can't believe the interviewer just glossed over the new music, that was most cruel. Just acknowledge and describe it a little, damn.

may i ask what this explained to you? it seemed cryptic as fuck to me, maybe its just cause im tired. but enlighten me please!

OK maybe it didn't explain as much as confirm some suspicions I had.

I always wondered whether her many references to faith, God and praying meant that she was actually an active member of a church, going to services on a regular basis, believing in God as fact and the likes, and something didn't really add up. But I get the feeling from her answers that there's a strong element of philosofy and aesthetic to her faith like with everything else about her. Like the beauty and stillness of a church would be more important to her faith than reading the Ten Commandments. She's not as much of a literal believer as she has come off as sometimes. I hope that makes sense. 

OK maybe it didn't explain as much as confirm some suspicions I had.

I always wondered whether her many references to faith, God and praying meant that she was actually an active member of a church, going to services on a regular basis, believing in God as fact and the likes, and something didn't really add up. But I get the feeling from her answers that there's a strong element of philosofy and aesthetic to her faith like with everything else about her. Like the beauty and stillness of a church would be more important to her faith than reading the Ten Commandments. She's not as much of a literal believer as she has come off as sometimes. I hope that makes sense. 

Good points actually. She sings about God in some songs like she believes in religion but in others (say, G&D she says 'Me and God we don't get along') so maybe she does either have some sort of split personality or she's not being herself in that interview.

No ones business of course but if she writes about it songs...and then says what she writes is auto-biographical..it's natural some people will question what she's even on about..

:bliss:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I applaud her rejection of being overly patriotic, it's really refreshing. The whole AMERICA FUCK YEAH thing makes me very uncomfortable. It's funny how she says Paradise sounds tropical when to me AKA sounds a lot more tropical, songs like Kill kill and such - surf noir and all.

As for her having a personality disorder, when I first saw this video I didn't know much about her yet and thought she had Asperger's (or high functioning autism or whatever they're calling it now). Just based on her facial expressions and reactions - what's she's saying and the way she's talking. If she's an INFP that's lovely, I'm one as well.

I can't believe the interviewer just glossed over the new music, that was most cruel. Just acknowledge and describe it a little, damn.

again, i really wouldn't be surprised, my mum asked me once if she had aspergers and i was like 'not sure', i used to know a girl who acted in quite a similar way to lana and she had it, like they're both quite awkward. but of course, it doesn't bother me if lana does have a personality disorder or anything, i still love her! 

4r9w86.jpg

again, i really wouldn't be surprised, my mum asked me once if she had aspergers and i was like 'not sure', i used to know a girl who acted in quite a similar way to lana and she had it, like they're both quite awkward. but of course, it doesn't bother me if lana does have a personality disorder or anything, i still love her! 

People have asked me if I have it as well, I took some internet tests that would confirm it, though the internet is not a doctor. I saw that video and there was a big resemblance in her mannerisms and mine. I wouldn't want to diagnose her with anything as I'm no doctor either, just an idea. Every now and then she says things that really resonate with me, or are quite different from other people's opinions.

I agree with the poster who said she really wants to be loved and adored, that she's very used to being both so when people attacked her like they did it was too much for her to take. It's a little naive to assume everyone in the world would automatically love everything you do, I'm starting to think she was very sheltered as a child. She even talked about not having TV, perhaps her parents tried to keep her from the "big bad world" and protect her, though that backfired, as it usually tends to do. I do understand that she'd still be upset about the things people wrote about her because of how incredibly vicious it was, though I don't believe she's not touring the US because she's holding some sort of grudge. I don't remember any recent singer getting that kind of treatment, the "controversy" regerding her was so blown out of proportion and often completely untrue.

So am I the only one that actually believe in everything she said? Seriously!

which versions of her stories do you mean?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

tenerife-forum-reading-newspaper-smiley.

I felt like this interview was intrusive to Lana. I mean the interviewer asked her questions on freaking health-care. So random and talking about all this anti-feminist stuff that Lana has gotten shit for, since Video Games start gaining fame. I think it made Lana feel uncomfortable than she sounded like she would ease back in, than once she was, the interviewer threw her off with the questions. It just felt uncomfortable reading the questions and her answers, and some were okay to read than they weren't. I really like what she had to say about somethings for being really passionate about her music and how some people are in it just to be 'cool'. 

tenerife-forum-smoking-smiley.gif

I actually liked this interview.

I think people are seriously overreacting when it comes to the feminism quote. She's basically saying it's not her goal to provide social commentary or promote this or that female role via her songs - and quite rightly so. Nowadays, people seem to want to turn everything into a deliberate message or "guide to live your life by"; in my opinion, that's idiotic and not necessarily an artist's intention. She says she sings about her experience - real or imagined, that's irrelevant - and what appeals to her. If people want to interpret that and turn it into a generalizing think piece, that's their problem. People seem eager to turn her into a role model when she clearly has no interest in doing so - she refuses to discuss all the "hot topics" at length and shows prudence and restraint in her responses, yet people are still getting mad at her for what she didn't say and overanalyzing the little she did say.

Re: America. Well, I'm European, so my views on America and Obama are a bit different from those of most Americans, I'd imagine. I won't get into that since talking politics in discussion boards = fucking disaster. Suffice it to say that I'm actually quite happy she's not one of those "fuck yeah USA!!!" types. I love many things about America and I dislike others (which I think is pretty normal - the same thing applies to my own country!), but one thing that does not go over well with me is extreme patriotism / nationalism; I find it disturbing and dangerous. She actually seems quite moderate in her views and opinions, which is something I can respect.

Other than that, she plays her usual game and says whatever fits her current persona / mood the best. Sometimes she's more Lana Del Rey, sometimes she's more Elizabeth Grant. I kinda like that. :whatever:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

i read about INFP and the description of it is a lot like Lana, who knows maybe she has it.

tenerife-forum-reading-newspaper-smiley.

I felt like this interview was intrusive to Lana. I mean the interviewer asked her questions on freaking health-care. So random and talking about all this anti-feminist stuff that Lana has gotten shit for, since Video Games start gaining fame. I think it made Lana feel uncomfortable than she sounded like she would ease back in, than once she was, the interviewer threw her off with the questions. It just felt uncomfortable reading the questions and her answers, and some were okay to read than they weren't. I really like what she had to say about somethings for being really passionate about her music and how some people are in it just to be 'cool'. 

tenerife-forum-smoking-smiley.gif

Health-care, feminism are not intimate subjects LOL...its not like the interviewer asked what is the brand of her tampon. I dont understand how making questions about religion, politics or feminism can be considerated intimate. They are general questions about how she sees society and the world she lives in. Intimate is asking personal questions about her boyfriend and her personal life.

glgcDdT.gif