Real Deal

BANKS

1 hour ago, AOK said:

I'm doing a relisten of Serpentina right now, and I'm in the middle of the album and OMG how bad it is... My initial opinion has been confirmed - the album feels messy, uninspired, overproduced, with vocals so heavily processed that one can barely understand what she sings about. Each individual track is all over the place. Where is the goddess...

Lol it’s definitely her weakest album.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:18 PM, Glitter Boy said:

I mean to me it's not a terrible album except for a couple tracks (I hate Spirit with a passion) but it is indeed below what Jillian has delivered in the past. To me it's not a lost cause, just not as impressive as her previous albums. It indeed feels uninspired to be fair.

Meteorite, Holding Back, The Devil, Deadend, Burn and Skinnydipped remain my highlights, while Spirit, Anything 4 U and Fuck Love are very questionable choices for inclusion.

It’s actually crazy how bad Spirit is. Surprisingly I’m warming up to the rest of the album. Fuck Love is a fun song if I feel like listening to trashy pop, which I sometimes do, but it’s just not Banks. 
Unleavable is one of my all-time favorite Banks songs, specifically the last minute of the track. The layering is just something else  

Can’t wait for Goddess acoustic though!

Also freaking out because she’s already showing a bit of what her new era’s going to look like. Here’s a picture and the new way she writes her name: https://ibb.co/jvyYhBM
https://ibb.co/cFZd1tx

Go off with the water again honestly. It’s a staple at this point.

I really am interested in the new direction. After Serpentina, the only way is up (I hope).

Spoiler

On 8/2/2024 at 1:31 PM, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i'll send you a link in a few days. if i don't, please send a message in a week so i can remember:party:

i lost all my files on my old laptop :((

is it ok if u can dm me a link please?

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

2 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

New single Oct 18. Preview on her insta, it sounds good omg. 

i'll take anything from her at this point, i'm bored waiting for lana

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Whore, where have you been :lange:

i've seen some stuff about banks doing a stripped down goddess thing but girl i've heard that album a million times the last 10 years i'm SLEEPY

is there lana tea i've missed or :ohsnap:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, American Whore said:

i've seen some stuff about banks doing a stripped down goddess thing but girl i've heard that album a million times the last 10 years i'm SLEEPY

is there lana tea i've missed or :ohsnap:

No I just haven't seen you on in forever lol

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

No I just haven't seen you on in forever lol

i've been around just been quiet bc not much has been happening lol

giphy.gif

oh i missed the 10th anniversary of goddess. such a personal and painful album to listen yet so alluring

im glad i didnt knew banks back then, those songs would have tear me down. i still get way too moved with bedroom wall, change, drive you crazy everything thinking bout stuff that happened or never happened thatt i wish were true idk

lots of love for this one top 5 fav of all time