Real Deal

BANKS

here is my serpentina track by track.... roast me banksters

misunderstood - this is what a banks intro is, screetchy noisy and loud.. the flavorrrrr

meteorite - it's a bop, kinda campy. i love fun banks songs, also when she only makes yeahyeahyeahs or just screams, not a dud.

fuck love - i forgot this one is the 3rd song. first dud. worst banks song ever, it is so cheap, she should have kept this in her drafts.

deadend - this is the worst ballad of serpentina. it is boring and lifeless. it could fit into the folder of "goddess era scraps"

holding back - i dont give a fuck about chipmunk voice, it is still better than fuck love. i love fun banks songs.

the devil - this one's interesting. not a bad one. it's good. again it was a new route for her and it was the introduction of this era... at least it has a vibe.

skinnydipped - this was a grower, it took me some time to get used to it. it has some cheapness... sorry skinnydippers

burn - top 3 of serpentina HANDS DOWNNN... This is OG BANKS, with the piano, lyrics, vocals.... it is SHOCKING to me how she managed to put this one next to other trash songs into serpentina.

birds by the sea - another classic banks... love this one too. love love this one.

spirit - THE DUD. THE DUD. THE DUD.

anything 4 u - if serpentina was a good album this one could be a nice filler. however, serpentina is a mid album so she had no way of putting a filler, but here we are. boring

unleaveable - i feel like she tried to push her pen into this to make it fit into her writing style but some lyrics make me skip the song. it is ok but i don't care about this one at all.

i still love you - 10/10

12 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

here is my serpentina track by track.... roast me banksters

misunderstood - this is what a banks intro is, screetchy noisy and loud.. the flavorrrrr

meteorite - it's a bop, kinda campy. i love fun banks songs, also when she only makes yeahyeahyeahs or just screams, not a dud.

fuck love - i forgot this one is the 3rd song. first dud. worst banks song ever, it is so cheap, she should have kept this in her drafts.

deadend - this is the worst ballad of serpentina. it is boring and lifeless. it could fit into the folder of "goddess era scraps"

holding back - i dont give a fuck about chipmunk voice, it is still better than fuck love. i love fun banks songs.

the devil - this one's interesting. not a bad one. it's good. again it was a new route for her and it was the introduction of this era... at least it has a vibe.

skinnydipped - this was a grower, it took me some time to get used to it. it has some cheapness... sorry skinnydippers

burn - top 3 of serpentina HANDS DOWNNN... This is OG BANKS, with the piano, lyrics, vocals.... it is SHOCKING to me how she managed to put this one next to other trash songs into serpentina.

birds by the sea - another classic banks... love this one too. love love this one.

spirit - THE DUD. THE DUD. THE DUD.

anything 4 u - if serpentina was a good album this one could be a nice filler. however, serpentina is a mid album so she had no way of putting a filler, but here we are. boring

unleaveable - i feel like she tried to push her pen into this to make it fit into her writing style but some lyrics make me skip the song. it is ok but i don't care about this one at all.

i still love you - 10/10

Very honest review, and while I also like Deadend and Holding Back (I wish there was a non-chipmunk version), it's pretty much how I've felt about this album since release. It's grown on me lately but it has taken its sweet time.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

20 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

:eartha:

birds by the sea is one of her best ballads EVER only thing i dislike is the length… we needed it to be 4 minutes long

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

13 hours ago, Kurt said:

I just feel sorry for all the Serpentina haters who aren’t aware that three of her best ballads/mid-tempos are on there (Burn / Birds By The Sea / Unleavable) :true: :true:

Burn in particular is without a doubt one of her best songs ever

But none of them will ever be as iconic as Under the Table :fabcat:

Yes, Birds By the Sea is great, along with Burn. 

She knows how to make great moody ballads. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 hour ago, Chorli Xbox said:

so we all agree The Altar is her best right :oprah3:

I debate between The Altar and III because I love both so much :true: 

On 6/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, Glitter Boy said:

:true: 

Captura-de-pantalla-83.png

lmaooo not me just finding out that Yet is like an early version of Gloomy :deadbanana: will have to fix that

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I think for me it grew with time and each listen and if you didn’t put in the listening time for replays I totally understand not being as in love.

I felt the same with III (mostly because of the title at first) but latched onto that much quicker. I def think her first two were her best but I think she’s evolving with her style to the fit the times as she goes creating a “less personal” listening experience on first couple of plays but when you really break down Serpentina some of the songs are far deeper than I originally got at first.

Holding Back other than the pitched section (and spirit as just a lower vibe in comparison) definitely throw a wrench into it but I definitely wouldn’t say any of the songs are bad at all. 

just my thoughts, hope this brings about more streams to that album and see if your views changed at all as well.

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I debate between The Altar and III because I love both so much :true: 

III is so good and i listen to it frequently but the mixing and mastering including the clipping is a crime like what the fuck was going on :awkney2:

23 hours ago, stompinggroundstan said:

I think for me it grew with time and each listen and if you didn’t put in the listening time for replays I totally understand not being as in love.

I felt the same with III (mostly because of the title at first) but latched onto that much quicker. I def think her first two were her best but I think she’s evolving with her style to the fit the times as she goes creating a “less personal” listening experience on first couple of plays but when you really break down Serpentina some of the songs are far deeper than I originally got at first.

Holding Back other than the pitched section (and spirit as just a lower vibe in comparison) definitely throw a wrench into it but I definitely wouldn’t say any of the songs are bad at all. 

just my thoughts, hope this brings about more streams to that album and see if your views changed at all as well.

tbh i feel like she's not evolving at all. Stuck in the same kind of sound since the beginning, but it only got worse in quality

15 hours ago, AOK said:

tbh i feel like she's not evolving at all. Stuck in the same kind of sound since the beginning, but it only got worse in quality

yeah and playing that card only works once imo. i do feel like The Altar is very different from Goddess, but III is is very similar (yet still good). with Serpentina, combined with the quality decrease, it just doesn’t work..

for example Jessie Ware just released an album that’s very similar to her previous album. it will work for now, but if she does this again with her next album, it wil most definitely flop. you can drag the same sound for 2 albums max 

On 7/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, Chorli Xbox said:

for example Jessie Ware just released an album that’s very similar to her previous album. it will work for now, but if she does this again with her next album, it wil most definitely flop. you can drag the same sound for 2 albums max 

Only because the gays are fickle and will drop her ass as soon as she stops making bops to appease them so she's milking it for all its worth while she can.

Very different to Jillian who naturally struggles to come up with something else:fabcat: