Real Deal

BANKS

I: The last song on the record, “To The Hilt”, reminded me of a secret song. Like back in the ’90s when people used to do secret songs on their albums so that the last track finishes and you think the album is done and then, out of the quiet, an unlisted song starts playing. And usually scares the hell out of you [laughs]. It kind of reminded me of that because it’s the last thing you hear of the album, it’s the only song with just piano and vocals for instrumentation, and it’s so vulnerable.

Banks :  That’s so cool, I like that. A secret song. It is special to me, that song. It’s sacred to me. It just feels… [pause] It felt like it needed to be the last thing you heard from me. It’s a bit gentle. It also doesn’t fit in between songs. It needs space because it’s so emotional. It needs time to breathe and to be digested.

I: The last song on the record, “To The Hilt”, reminded me of a secret song

The only issue with what the interviewer said is that To the Hill isn't the last track  :smh:

unless 27 Hours is an iTunes exclusive

BzhmW.png

The only issue with what the interviewer said is that To the Hill isn't the last track  :smh:

It must be because it's not on the vinyl. Urban Outfitters lists it as being on the tracklist, but I think thats a mistake because Amoeba who also did an exclusive pressing of it doesn't have it listed in the tracklist. And I trust Amoeba because they're a smaller company who would pay more attention to those types of things

Interviewer:  That’s awesome! There are so many good songs on The Altar! I really like “Weaker Girl” a lot, I think that’s my favorite. That’s going to be my new song for when I need to feel empowered.

Banks:  Oh GOOD! That makes me really happy. That’s like, my heart. Can you imagine? At shows?! Like, everyone singing, “IMMA NEED A BAD MOTHERFUCKER LIKE ME!” When I wrote that, that’s all I was thinking was, I’m just going to hold the mic out and have everyone sing.

maybe it is 

It's seemingly a digital exclusive track. It's on the Itunes and the Amazon MP3 version but not featured on the tracklist of the physical version.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!