lola

Taylor Swift

15 minutes ago, Nectar Of The Puss said:

Do we think we’ll be getting more merch? I really hope we do I liked some of the merch but it felt unfinished 

I‘m 100% sure especially more physical music since there is nothing for the new second half of the album. For midnights there were a gazillion merch drops I felt like and I doubt she‘s not doing that again since it brings lots of money. 

21 minutes ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

I wouldn‘t mind a 31 song Lana album.:illumilana2: Art is subjective after all and there is something special in every song some can connect to more and others less. if there is a lot to tell then many songs don‘t ruin an album and even if there isn‘t much to tell who gets to say what an ideal album is anyway. I like art to be satisfying and not to leave me always longing for more, for something else similar. 

I don‘t study art and have a very subjective opinion on it and am no good critic but imo writing songs is admirable and creating such a big ?thing?project?opus?.

sry not an attack on you I‘ve just read so much hate on here the past few days I‘m kinda sick of it by now, I feel like this is the musical version of skinny gossip sometimes :shake:

art is subjective! I mean I like some of the songs. like two. 

But objectively albums with 31 songs is ridiculous, a cash grab and easily a dip in quality. It’s an absurd amount of songs.

It shows to me that you couldn’t make a cohesive record and Taylor specifically has always done this in pervious albums but this one in specific is pushing it

The cinematography of the new music video (based on the trailer) is giving me Poor Things vibes.

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

The cinematography of the new music video (based on the trailer) is giving me Poor Things vibes.

really? I thought of reputation x ocean blvd regarding the aesthetic haha

6 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

fans request a lot of things… doesn’t make it the right choice 

you act like this has never been done before ☠️ hello it’s basically the same as born to die the paradise edition. she made a somewhat cohesive 16 track record, and wrote a lot of other songs she liked, knew what her fans wanted, and made a very long deluxe album. what is so hard to understand? only her haters try this hard to find something against her to try to prove she only cares about charts and money 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

44 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

Lana probably writes as much for an album as Taylor did for TTPD but she has the decency and simple understanding to no make a bloated album just so there’s more songs to stream to simply generate statistics and numbers :kiss3: 

there’s a reason we haven’t gotten a deluxe since Ultraviolence and it’s because it ruins the actual album. real artists care about their art more than anything else! 

lana literally made blue banisters

anyways

HOW DID IT END:defeated:

12 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

I'm sorry but why some of you are gagging over this so much while being Lana fan? This is what Ocean Blvd would sound like with 8 Candy Necklaces + 8 Fishtails. Both good and safe songs but repeat them so many times that everything blends together. No heavenly experience of The Grants, no craziness of A&W, no insane lyrics of Fingertips, no campy bops like Peppers and Taco Truck x VB. Florida being the only obvious standout track. This album was so much better on the 1st listen, I don't know why.

Now The Anthology though, on track 4 and the start is already way better and diverse. Hoping it stays that way.

not everything is about ocean blvd. this album sounds nothint like it at all. it’s way more pop with some more acoustic moments on the second half. she isn’t even writing similarly to lana. this also isnt directly to you btw, ive seen 3 or 4 other people bring up ocean blvd but they have very little in common.

pskiQfS.jpeg

I love my best friend but she makes any Taylor song about romanticising something or being a small town girl wanting a man all about her. For example she has ‘claimed’ foolish one, white horse and now how did it end. Like I relate to how did it end on a molecular level and sure she can 100% relate to and love these songs but she makes it such a big deal to the point where I feel like I am drowned out from those songs

4 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

lust for life has 16 songs and blue banisters has 15. Not comparable to a 31 song album!

thanks for reminding lfl... 
(this isnt at you) imagine calling taytay's lyrics cringe but your fav has coachella woodstuck in my mind and when the world war... in her discography.
(back at your comment) also blue banisters is a shit filled with her random ass songs years ago. the cohesiveness?? where sistiana? just piano and her voice and her decade old songs?
and EXACTLY --- TTPD has 31 songs, if you expect it to be cohesive... keep expecting it.... 

anyways

I HATE IT HERE:defeated:

ttpd > the anthology :true:

Just now, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

i'm so glad i listened to the leak or else i wouldn't have a chance to digest this

yes same i wouldnt even have time to listen to the whole album this morning. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

I hate how this album needs digesting lyrically :defeated: I'm not smart enough to understand all of the lyrics at first listen lol

url%5D

4 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

also blue banisters is a shit filled with her random ass songs years ago. the cohesiveness?? where sistiana? just piano and her voice and her decade old songs?
and EXACTLY --- TTPD has 31 songs, if you expect it to be cohesive... keep expecting it.... 

I agree Blue Banisters is bad! but bloatedness isn’t the issue considering both Lust for Life and Ocean Blvd have more songs, and are more cohesive!

You can make a 12 song record that isn’t bloated and it still be bad! you can also make a 31 song record and it be bloated and be even worse. how shocking - Different records are criticized differently.

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

I don’t understand how people like side b more than side a, I guess the official album will have to be the little secret for the tasteful ones:dance2:

i think side a just wasn’t what a lot of people were expecting and were expecting an album more like side b so everyone’s just eating it up rn

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

here’s my rank of the album (only putting a spoiler cuz it’s long as hell)

Spoiler

the black dog

robin

peter 

cassandra

fresh out the slammer

the bolter

i look in peoples windows

thank you aimee

so high school

imgonnagetyouback

the prophecy