littleharlot

Why do you like Lana Del Rey?

I haven't seen a post about why do LB members like Lana Del Rey, so I'v decided to make one. (I'm sorry if there is actually a post about this)

So, why do you like LDR?

Did Lana somehow change you and insipired you with her words? How?

Are there things that she says or does that reminds you of herself?

I'm just curious about your answers. :smile2:

tumblr_mkf3tnNbp31r7oj7fo2_r1_500.gif

Her music easily connects with people's emotions.At least me.

She is definitley unique and inovative , yet she doesn't do all that ridiculous stuff with her clothes and style to get attention.
She appears to be an amazing person.

I ADORE HER
:defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :sadcore2:

ljZXOe0.jpg

Because she's finally a celebrity who has had a wealthy background and is looking for danger and loves alcohol and like falls deep in love and omfg .. i can get that ~ i feel that. I can connect to that ~ i don't know. and she has beautiful taste and she seems everything like a movie and i can understand that as well omfg i don't know

like i've been drinking so i don't know if that makes sense but yeah omfg now i'm embarrassed :runs: 

:lel: :crying4: :runs:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

What first caught me about her is her beauty. The way she looked on that throne in the BTD video....flawless, just amazing. And then, I love her because she make awesome music. Like, the song Born To Die is 2 years old now and I am still not tired of it, I can listen to it again and again  and it's still enjoyable.

Also, I fucking love how she has like 200 songs, I mean how cool is that?

And she is fun in interviews as well. I love her speaking voice.

she really changed me as a person (i'm a teenager, no judging ;)), she gave me a different perspective on things. i wouldn't be the same person i am if it weren't for lana. i truly relate to what she says a lot of the time, especially born to die, i know what it's like to worry about people all the time, and i was overjoyed when i found someone who is like me. i think me and lana are very similar in terms of our personalities, i love having different personas and alter egos, it's so fun. she's inspired me with my art, my music, my writing, just so many things.

and then there's the fact that i think lana is a bit of an artistic genius. she's a beautiful woman, both inside and out and i just love so many things about her. seeing her really did make my year, she's the only celebrity i've met with any interest, everything about her interests me.

oh god sorry, i got a bit carried away with my fangirling  :facepalm:

4r9w86.jpg

I like this topic!

Anyway i was amazed by her beauty when i first saw the BTD video, also the music was very inovative and charming so i went on the internet and looked for more. That's when i completely fell in love with her, her lyrics represent me in a way nothing else do. I totally relate to what she writes about, plus we are pretty much alike for several things :dmd:

She reminds me of myself, and I love myself!

k :wtf:

I love lana bc she is a humble, down to earth, and genuine girl and u can see it. she is beautiful inside and out, and the way she gets misunderstood by the us media makes me sad :sadcore:

Lz3jIxe.png

Shes real she dosnt talk about getting the "D***" and money ect. Plus Someone very important left me when I heard the song "Dark paradise" I wanted to cry because I was going through the exact thing

Shes real she dosnt talk about getting the "D***" and money ect. Plus Someone very important left me when I heard the song "Dark paradise" I wanted to cry because I was going through the exact thing

:toofunny:

I like her because somehow she is related with a lot of things that I like - and even in  more strange way I can relate somehow with her lyrics. First of all, I am cinephile and completely obsessed with David Lynch ( and it was because a Lynch article that I first heard about her), so when I first watched the first version of Blue Jeans I was completely mesmerized. The footages clips and her songs it was such an amazing mix ( and THAT face and THAT lips) that I couldn't even explain - seriously it was like love for the first time, I spend weeks looking for all the videos she used for VG, Kinda Outta Luck and BJ and reading everything about her. So this cinematic thing - from her persona to the videos - it was what really made me like her. 

*Lyrically, I think she plays a character in mostly of her songs and I totally could see her like a character out of a Bukowski novel mixed with an Fietzgerald bored teenager. And her whole "Lolita lost in the hood" act it was really interesting, specially as someone who really loves Lolita ( the novel). So for me she was like an personification of these influences ( that maybe don't make sense for anyone else but for me does and that's why her songs sounds so special to me).

And finally, Born To Die came out in a very trouble time for me and her songs was the only thing that made me happy those days, I've lost someone I loved and how mostly of her songs are about lost  I felt nostalgic listening to them.

I first liked her music before I ever found her beautiful. But now her beauty is part of why I love her. She looks good all done up in photoshoots and when she's in jeans and a baseball cap flipping off paparazzi.

Also, her music (and this is going to sound cheesy as hell) really speaks to me. Whether I'm relating to a song or sympathizing with her on songs like TVIB&W. She's got so much variety in her music that you almost can't say that you don't like her because of her genre or because of her style of music; everytime a song leaks I'm AMAZED by the originality of each of them. And besides all that, her lyrics are beautiful. I sometimes feel like she's singing poetry (especially in 'Delicious' ;) ).

Another thing is just her. Her personality is just really great and I love watching videos that people put on YouTube of when they met her because she just radiates a genuine niceness towards her fans and even the people that are only there to sell her autographs on ebay. I like her when she's fun (especially her Lizzy days), I like her when she's said (horrible, I know) and I like her when she's just happy. She's like no person I have ever seen ever in my life. She seems so simple and average sometimes, but at the same time she's the most complex person. She has this aura of mystery around her which just sucked me in.

So, yeah. I guess that's why I like Lana idk.

She's beautiful (& young), genuine, so kind to her fans, smart, cute. I also love the style of the old homemade videos. And i looove her lips. I like that she has different kinds of songs. There are moods that I want to listen to pop songs, so lana can also give me that. And I have sooo many songs From her I can listen to