Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

STAN WARS: 4th Quarter Album Releases - Who are you supporting? [POLL ADDED]

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most anticipated pop girl release?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce
  2. 2. Which artist do you want to FLOP FLOP FLOP?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce

I'm not terribly invested in Rihanna, but she's in this underdog position now among us crazy music stans and I just need her to take time off and come back with a critically acclaimed album that she had heavy input in and didn't just phone in the vocals. I JUST NEED HER TO DO WELL TO PROVE EVERYONE WRONG BUT SHE NEEDS TO TAKE TIME OFF FOR THAT TO HAPPEN :defeated: 

Seriously though, can you imagine Rihanna making a personal, cohesive (perhaps flowy!) album without this faux-thuggery she's adopted? I JUST NEED IT IN MY LIFE. :cuteface: Gimme dat concept album or her version of Blackout, pls. She can make snide remarks about Ciara all she wants but at the end of the day, Ciara recently dropped an incredible album that while isn't comparable to Rih's success, has been far more well-received than any of her recent efforts.

Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.

And I'm also side-eying those that voted for Britney. She hasn't ever said a single bad thing about anyone or shaded anyone and she doesn't have horrific, off-putting stans. She is a SWEETHEART. FOR SHAME. FOR SHAME.  :crossed: SHE'S ALSO A CASSIE STAN, WHAT IS NOT TO LOVE???  :flutter: 

I am praying for Blackout 2.0.  :ohno: Britney is my most anticipated and I am proud to say it. 

Rihanna already had her Blackout, it's called Good Girl Gone Bad, bitch fucked Ne-Yo and stole those songs and others from Godney, sadly it was bland and boring :slowhairflip: oh and she release it first but everybody keep saying that Blackout it's better

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

oh god i just saw that will.i.am is producing britney's album  :crying4:

But it's not that bad, I think they only did a song together for the album, William Orbit & Jean Babtism are producing a lot of the tracks tho, so will it's a good EP and not like Dr. Luke aka Lucifer  :bye2:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

i'd rly like to hear everyone's opinions on burqa's (or aura's idk) lyrics. i thought they were ignorant and disrespectful and i'm surprised lana wearing a headdress was a bigger issue when it happened than this is rn.

I just dont think they make any sense, she isn't a part of that culture, why write about something you've never experienced, it's like you're talking for the people but you don't know what they are saying.  That being said the actual pop song lyrics are good, she should stop trying to be something she's not. She is compromising quality for controversy just to make a statement.

wats a artpop

dont u put it in a toaster 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Hmmm seems I voted opposite to everyone else in the poll. Eeep.  :eek:

Voted anticipated for Rihanna. Mainly because while she's a mess, she has some music that I like to booty pop to, which is all I expect from a pop musician. Soooo...  :runs:

Least anticipated for Gaga. Was a huge fan that tired of her antics with music that didn't match the hype.  :pft:

okdontkillmethanksbye

the problem with a white woman like gaga wearing a burqa is that when she does it, it’s “avant-garde” and “edgy” and “fashionable”

when an actual muslim woman wears a burqa, people either pity her because they think she’s being “oppressed” by her religion or they harass her because they think she had something to do with the 9/11 attack
but you know, amen fashion or whatever
(x)

“The thing about this appropriation of the burqa that people need to understand is that people like Lady Gaga haven’t done a thing for the communities [here and abroad] that wear, live and breathe the garb who are subjected to harassment for doing so. The words “appreciation” and “admiration” are painfully hollow when you take a piece of clothing from a community and strip it of its intent and the consequences that come from it. Lady Gaga makes millions and taxes subsequently take a huge chunk of those millions. Therein, a quarter of her taxes are used to ravage Muslim majority populations. Has she spoken out about this? Has anyone orientalist who bastardizes our garb done so? Where were they when the Sikh tragedy happened? Where are they now when Newsweek posts a horribly offensive article on Muslim rage, aggressively written by their puppet Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who I’m ashamed to call my fellow Somali? Do they come to our defense when we’re expected to kneel over and apologize on behalf of extremists, who funnily enough kill us as well? If I wear a burqa, nijab.. or hell even a fucking hijab, I’m a stupid, brown savage who has no capacity to think for herself. But when Gaga wears it, its revolutionary and fashionable. People love to scream equality and colorblindedness when such an event arises, but such a world is completely theoretical until we fix these the caricatured perceptions about Islam. The power dynamics here cannot be ignored.”

— My friend Khadijah and her thoughts on Lady Gaga recently being spotted donning a “burqa” (x)

Basically, I think her appropriating the burqa is a fucking disgusting behavior and some of her stupid ass fans who wrap their t-shirts around their head and take webcam pics need to be punched in the face. If you're not a muslim - do not wear their garbs, in the same way that if you're not a christian you don't wear a cross. It's their religion and even if that's not holy to you it is to those who believe. Religion isn't a fashion statement and using someone's faith, a faith which you do not share and do not have to pay the price for, to become more successful is disgraceful, disrespectful and ignorant.

On a more positive note, The Veronicas are coming back!  :flutter: They will release an 4-song EP and I pray to Godney that Sugar Daddy will be on it  :smile2:

and some of her stupid ass fans who wrap their t-shirts around their head and take webcam pics need to be punched in the face. 

Wait, people are actually doing this?! :defeated:

In keeping with the Katy Perry vs Lady Gaga match, what does everyone think about Roar

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Britney is a sweetheart, I love her since I am 3 and that won't change. It's been already a while that I don't like her music but nobody has the right to attack her.  :judgingu:  (tbh I can't stand Justin Timberlake because of that, it's an early version of Kevin Federline to me)

The other girls, eeewww. Keep them away from me.  :wtf:

SCARFACE2371.png

Easy to say that Katy's airplay with Roar will be massive.

For sure. While it's a radio-friendly and a surefire hit, there's nothing remarkable about it. Another generic Katy Perry bop that's guaranteed to kill the charts. 

I was definitely rooting for her to lead with something different :defeated: 

Still have faith in her other singles and album tracks though  :creep:

I like Katy enough, no doubt about it. Out of all pop girls, she's released my favourite single, Teenage Dream. So gooooood(ly) :defeated:

I don't expect anything revolutionary from her either, but a lead single in the vein of Circle the Drain wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world  :creep:

For sure. While it's a radio-friendly and a surefire hit, there's nothing remarkable about it. Another generic Katy Perry bop that's guaranteed to kill the charts. 

I was definitely rooting for her to lead with something different :defeated: 

Still have faith in her other singles and album tracks though  :creep:

I am definately not  a Katy Cat, I am suprised that I fall for her right now. Roar isn't innovative, but it is so damn catchy. 

She delivers what the masses want to hear.