Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

STAN WARS: 4th Quarter Album Releases - Who are you supporting? [POLL ADDED]

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most anticipated pop girl release?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce
  2. 2. Which artist do you want to FLOP FLOP FLOP?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce

Seriously though, can you imagine Rihanna making a personal, cohesive (perhaps flowy!) album without this faux-thuggery she's adopted? I JUST NEED IT IN MY LIFE. :cuteface: Gimme dat concept album or her version of Blackout, pls. 

Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.

Actually here for this, but until then...

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

The only Queen B I know is Lil' Kim.  :smokes3:

Again: Queen. Only a bad bitch could simply breathe and go to number one, keeping the wall-less bottoms bitter and seething.  :ohmy:

I voted for Katy to flop, naturally. Fuck her and her tin foil bus.

Oh hello Hellion

"Simply breathe" that's about right :ohmy:

dw I'm fucking with you I voted for Katy and Beyonce

I'm not terribly invested in Rihanna, but she's in this underdog position now among us crazy music stans and I just need her to take time off and come back with a critically acclaimed album that she had heavy input in and didn't just phone in the vocals. I JUST NEED HER TO DO WELL TO PROVE EVERYONE WRONG BUT SHE NEEDS TO TAKE TIME OFF FOR THAT TO HAPPEN :defeated: 

Seriously though, can you imagine Rihanna making a personal, cohesive (perhaps flowy!) album without this faux-thuggery she's adopted? I JUST NEED IT IN MY LIFE. :cuteface: Gimme dat concept album or her version of Blackout, pls. She can make snide remarks about Ciara all she wants but at the end of the day, Ciara recently dropped an incredible album that while isn't comparable to Rih's success, has been far more well-received than any of her recent efforts.

Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y.

I'd be all in for that actually. Down to give any hard-working girl a chance, I'm just usually unimpressed :whatever:

Something you can say for Lady Gaga haters is that they're firmly set in their ways. Won't even wait for the music to determine an opinion. I really try not to let past opinions, even hatred, affect a new album cycle until I can actually formulate another opinion.

I think Katy Perry will slay everyone on that list. She is already a record breaking poptart with a more interesting, developed and cohesive characters than all your favs will ever have.  :smokes:  I honestly really like KP. and her gold foil truck. Burn baby blue burn. :creepna:

Gaga can always surprise with one or 2 good jams. If she takes her head out of her ass she can also slay I just don't see that happening soon.Her pop album IMO is not going to flop but I think fans will be disapointed in a way. (I obv voted for her to flop since her music and speech these days is a abomination)

PS: Actually any Gaga fan has info on her jazz album??  Now that's is something I can get interested Gaga related. Take everything away from that bitch and give her only a mic, a bench and a piano. I honeslty can see her giving people a run for their money with a jazz album. Jazz is back strong in Rio for 2 years now. Call it the ADele (Queen of all Queens) effect.  

I love Britney. She is the sweetest and kindest person ever. She is bat shit crazy tho so lets be honest: Brit is like a 5 year old now. If she charts and her music is hot the comeback will in a way demand at least a mini world tour. So I don't know if I want her to flop or successed since I wish her health and happiness which she will have grounded in Vegas with her family. I have all Britneys albuns sitting around with the likes of Adele, Aretha Franklin, Queen, Metalica, BB King, Janis Joplin. I keep Brit in good company :flutter:

Rihanna will be successful :facepalm: that women has all her proportions in extremes: ubber hot music with ubber shit personality. A reliable trainwreck. You know she will be trouble, you know she will do whatever is in her mind, she will screw up  but she will also chart, sell tons of albuns and arenas around the globe. Like I said reliable trainwreck. :horror: I can't stand Rihanna after the Chris Brown mess. I just can't. :deadbanana:

glgcDdT.gif

I think Katy Perry will slay everyone on that list. She is already a record breaking poptart with a more interesting, developed and cohesive characters than all your favs will ever have.  :smokes:  I honestly really like KP. and her gold foil truck. Burn baby blue burn. :creepna:

Gaga can always surprise with one or 2 good jams. If she takes her head out of her ass she can also slay I just don't see that happening soon.Her pop album IMO is not going to flop but I think fans will be disapointed in a way. (I obv voted for her to flop since her music and speech these days is a abomination)

PS: Actually any Gaga fan has info on her jazz album??  Now that's is something I can get interested Gaga related. Take everything away from that bitch and give her only a mic, a bench and a piano. I honeslty can see her giving people a run for their money with a jazz album. Jazz is back strong in Rio for 2 years now. Call it the ADele (Queen of all Queens) effect. 

What, Antonia, Katy has none of those things :horror: I'll admit she has her appeal but the lies only in generic bops and the odd moment of self aware humor in her taste.

Anyway supposedly Gaga recorded her jazz album in June but I'm sure she doesn't want to push it to the side to focus on ARTPOP so I can't imagine she'll release it this year.

Can we also talk about Ariana Grande's new album :hairflip:

i'm so ready. i don't care if you judge me, it's gonna be amazing

I hate that bitch you can tell that she fucking loves herself, and her acting, even by Disney channel standards, is atrocious.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I hate that bitch you can tell that she fucking loves herself, and her acting, even by Disney channel standards, is atrocious.

She's on Nickelodeon and that was a great and productive contribution thank you :hairflip:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

:lmao:  what is this random venomous remark? It's like she wronged you personally or something :creep:  

edit: o i c u stirring shit up :cuteface:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

What, Antonia, Katy has none of those things :horror: I'll admit she has her appeal but the lies only in generic bops and the odd moment of self aware humor in her taste.

Anyway supposedly Gaga recorded her jazz album in June but I'm sure she doesn't want to push it to the side to focus on ARTPOP so I can't imagine she'll release it this year.

I didnt say in any moment KPs character were brillant but more interesting, developed and cohesive characters than all your favs will ever have.

Check out my little trip: Katy thought life was Simple. Than she wanted to be One of the Boys. She kissed a Girl, Was in a  Hot'n Cold fase.  "Thinking of You" led her to "Waking Up in Vegas". In Vegas everything is possible. So KP decided to live a Teenage Dream, become one of those "California Gurls" while being a mix between a "Firework" and a  "E.T.". She had a couple of "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" and thought about  "The One That Got Away". That is all in the past. In Part Of Me (PART of what she is. She is wise with words) she started to say bye bye to this fase and begin a new one. Now she is burning baby blue and giving her a proper funeral. Her life now is a Prism, a reflexion of the past and future. An analogy between a physical prism's direction of light and the mind's direction of though.

Her characters evolve with coherence. She ages, gets more mature so does her audience. If her characters are as ambitious or creative as Gaga? Obviously not. The difference is that KP actually pulled that off while most failed. She did it and was very successful. The logic of the characters and cronology is what makes it all brillant because is not spetacular but ordinary. It's a fanatsy world that allows her to grow. :smokes:

OHHHHH! Prism is also the surveillance data program that NSA is using to spy on everyone. How clever is that title? :smirk: :creepna:

" Teenage Dream became the first album recorded by a female artist in history to produce five number-one hits, and the second album overall behind Michael Jackson's Bad (1987).

She remains the only artist to spend 69 consecutive weeks in the top ten of the Hot 100.[3]"

How selfish of Gaga hidden that precious jazz album and throwing another Pop abomination (BTW STYLE UGH) in humanity. :horror:  Hope we get some leaks of her Jazz album to save her soul from what she is about to release :hoe: Anyway can't wait to hear the jazz she is hidden on her closet. I have the feeling that thing will slay (like a lot of slays all over) and I will have to buy the album and a ticket to see that bitch in concert. :smokes:

glgcDdT.gif

i kinda want gaga to flop so maybe her monsters take it down a notch with the worshipping. i never rly had that much of an opinion on gaga before i got into the business of stanning and gaga, her monsters and "art" kept popping up everywhere and i was kinda forced to form an opinion on her. i rly wouldn't hate her nearly as much if she wasn't thrown into my face repeatedly everyday. she just pisses me off now tbh. the majority of her career was built on controversy and shocking people and it's getting old and someday's she's not going to be able to come up with anything shocking anymore. the way her little monsters worship her and hate and knock down everyone else is annoying too. and her pretentiousness pains me. and going back to the controversy thing, i'd rly like to hear everyone's opinions on burqa's (or aura's idk) lyrics. i thought they were ignorant and disrespectful and i'm surprised lana wearing a headdress was a bigger issue when it happened than this is rn.

btw, i don't get the whole britney vs. gaga thing. britney's been around since the 90s and now gaga's going to take her spot as princess of pop? i don't think so.

the others don't bother me much because i don't have to deal with them on a daily basis. britney's a sweetheart tho and i hope she does well even though i'm probably not going to buy the album.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i kinda want gaga to flop so maybe her monsters take it down a notch with the worshipping.

Born This Way already did that and everyone is still here :uh:

I accept Britney as more long-term, too, I think only Britney fans bring up the comparison excessively.

" Teenage Dream became the first album recorded by a female artist in history to produce five number-one hits, and the second album overall behind Michael Jackson's Bad (1987)."

Question for you: what do you think of the tactics used by Katy and her team to ensure those number ones? Do you think they were shady/dishonest/cheap moves, or do you see it as fair and square and just what one must do to be successful in a cut-throat music industry? I'm interested because in your opinion because a) You're a Katy fan, but you're not a stan so you'll be less apt to blindly applaud her for whatever she does and b) I believe you studied marketing (?), so it'd be cool to get your opinion on this.

I myself am pretty indifferent to the entire situation -- I'm not outraged or think it's horrible or am heavily invested in this -- but I can't help but think that MJ was just a little bit more deserving of it than Katy because he used absolutely no tricks/stunts to get his number ones.

What does everyone else think?

i'd rly like to hear everyone's opinions on burqa's (or aura's idk) lyrics. i thought they were ignorant and disrespectful and i'm surprised lana wearing a headdress was a bigger issue when it happened than this is rn.

I'm up for hearing other peoples' opinions on this too. I think I'll share my opinion after I get some sleep though. :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

The thing is that Rihanna is the only guaranteed success on this list. Look what happened to Ke$ha. It could happen to anyone! :hdu: But Rihanna's marketing is a well-oiled machine. And yet she's the most prayed-for flop :toofunny:

Idk who is voting for Britney because she's like the least offensive person ever

Everyone who's voting against Godney will buy the album and the burn it, but the sell will count, cause you know, they are basic like that :slowhairflip:

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif