Sign in to follow this  
Alicia

Full Radio.com Interview: Lana Del Rey on the Leaks, the Imitators & the Haters

I really hope that she lies/misleads us in this interview. Without Justin Parker and Rick Nowels we will be back to the Lizzy Grant era. She is great, but she needs help to make her songs bigger. Just a fact.

I disagree tbh. I think all her Lizzy Grant era lacked was an audience. She has it now. I'd personally love for her to go back to that sound.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I guess that means no U.S. tour.... :defeated:

sounds like it, im confused though does she mean her last live commitment in America or everywhere cos I thought she was in turkey in sept and brazil soon

I am loving this interview. This seems to be one of the most honest interviews of her that I've ever read.

I thought I read somewhere that she was going to go on tour in the US but I guess not. :/

sounds like it, im confused though does she mean her last live commitment in America or everywhere cos I thought she was in turkey in sept and brazil soon

No! she had pms or something in the interview., so forget everything she said. the hormones can do strange things to your brain. of course she will come to Turkey. and also to Brazil.

Oh Lana :(

I want to know what's become of Rick Nowels... I hope their working relationship is okay...

She was so fucking excited about Black Beauty, now she seems so disappointed :facepalm:

I'm very disapointed also, It was only a demo (without the spanish guitar). This song has the potentional to be really great. Why Lana ?

Ahhh this is an awesome interview!!!

"I tell him it’s not about being submissive to men or anything like that. It’s about not really knowing anyone close to you who can help you, and being really lucky enough to finding people who you just meet randomly, who can take care of you until you can take care of yourself."

^ Furthering my theory that Lana was a 'kept' girl. I liked what she said when asked about being a role model.. how funny, too, cos we just discussed all that here

"I was kind of a night owl and just walked around and met weird people. That was me picking up life experiences and meshing them into my own. That really did it for me."

This makes it that much harder for Lanalysis but ok

"And if people are so ready to change, maybe they don’t have the strongest character. I’m not as interested in flip-floppers. I kind of feel blessed the more I go along."

Lol ok, Lana..not everyone is a die hard fan from the start

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

With Lana one always ends up reading between the lines, but I think she is referring to the American market.  The choices for her two U.S. appearances were a small venue she knew she could sell out, and a music festival which was going to have a hundred thousand people attending whether she was there or not.  A couple of safe picks for an act that had been selling out all over Europe.  She mentions its been a long time since her album came out in the same breath as her "last" live committment, so I think she is concerned about creating buzz for an American tour.  The new record could do that, especially if she actually got out and promoted it, but it has apparently been delayed.  So, she feels she is kind of stuck, I think.  She knows she needs to get moving before people forget about her because that is the way it works in the music business.  For example, "Black Beauty" has maybe a total of 250K views on Youtube, while Miley Cyrus' latest single has over a hundred million.  "Summertime Sadness" is a hit, but it would be hard for her to get out and promote it by doing live performances of the version that is climbing the charts. 

I suppose you could sum it up by saying Lana knows she needs to capture an American audience, but she just isn't in a position to do it right now.  I personally think she has a lot more fans here than she thinks she does, and her fans could care less what the critics say.  I don't think she understands while she is obsessing about new music, her fans just want to see her in person.

Nice interview, but she seemed to be a bit moody in here.

She always makes it seem like doing another album is such a big problem to her....thank god she has a contract so she simply has to do it. :lanasrs:

Nice interview, but she seemed to be a bit moody in here.

She always makes it seem like doing another album is such a big problem to her....thank god she has a contract so she simply has to do it. :lanasrs:

yeah a record she's forced 2 do is rly what we want and what's going 2 sound good....

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Aw, baby.

I've been so hyped on the idea of a new Lana release that I don't even know how to react to it potentially coming later. She still seems passionate about the idea of the album and even about "Black Beauty" itself. I really hope it makes the album, however long it takes. Being a fan of Lana since Born to Die's release has been a lot like getting spoiled. There are so many leaks and she's been pretty consistent in putting out new stuff even if certain ideas fall to the wayside. I do have to wonder how ready fansites are for a drought.

What the hell is she talking about with Steve Mertens, though? Is that something to do with Sirens? I mean 8 years ago would have been 2005 :hdu: :excited: OMG channel the vibe of May Jailer with the voice and songwriting talent of Lana Del Rey. PLEASE.

Should I merge this with the other Radio.com thread since that article was just kind of an introduction that used snippets of this interview?

What the hell is she talking about with Steve Mertens, though? Is that something to do with Sirens? I mean 8 years ago would have been 2005 :hdu: :excited: OMG channel the vibe of May Jailer with the voice and songwriting talent of Lana Del Rey. PLEASE.

Should I merge this with the other Radio.com thread since that article was just kind of an introduction that used snippets of this interview?

Steven Mertens used to play back up w/ her, I guess at various gigs. He used to w/ Regina Spektor, too

http://web.archive.org/web/20120105104348/http://www.myspace.com/4026640

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

No! she had pms or something in the interview., so forget everything she said. the hormones can do strange things to your brain. of course she will come to Turkey. and also to Brazil.

Perhaps you should try not to invalidate her feelings by attributing them to PMS and hormones? :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

I don't trust this woman when she talks about anything that has to be released. 

I can totally understand that she is upset about the fact that Black Beauty was heard by the public way too early, but

a) it's just one song and not a whole record (maybe plus Angels Forever)

b) it wasn't even a typical leak. It was on the page of her precious producer

c) she will end up putting the final version on the new album anyway

d) it didn't even have many views on YT. Most ppl don't even know about this demo

Not here for the sound of AKA or even worse, Sirens. She definately needs songs like OTTR or DMD on her new record. Otherwise it will be pretty tiresome to get through an album of too many slow paced tracks. 

But that's all just my personal opinion  ;)

I don't trust this woman when she talks about anything that has to be released. 

I can totally understand that she is upset about the fact that Black Beauty was heard by the public way too early, but

a) it's just one song and not a whole record (maybe plus Angels Forever)

b) it wasn't even a typical leak. It was on the page of her precious producer

c) she will end up putting the final version on the new album anyway

d) it didn't even have many views on YT. Most ppl don't even know about this demo

Not here for the sound of AKA or even worse, Sirens. She definately needs songs like OTTR or DMD on her new record. Otherwise it will be pretty tiresome to get through an album of too many slow paced tracks. 

But that's all just my personal opinion  ;)

i don't agree with anything u just said...

gaga + monsters had a nervous breakdown over 1 song leaking, 2-3 of lana's songs off of an album that hasn't even been announced yet have leaked and there was a little drama on lb but it wasn't a big thing and even lana didn't react badly

and ur opinion on aka and sirens is just................. :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.