Sign in to follow this  
Hundred Dollar Bill

Queen of Hearts

omg this thread got me into her, she's amazing. her new single is out btw,

https://soundcloud.com/queen-of-hearts/secret-radio-edit

It's out to stream, but that's it! It's on iTunes the 9th of September. :) 

Thanks for tagging me @@Hundred Dollar Bill :) I've actually previewed her songs a few times on iTunes before, and never really got into her.. But this thread is definitely helping omg. Broken Dreams is a bop :defeated:

You're welcome! :) Yes$$, Broken Dreams is amazing. I hope it makes the album. She told me on Facebook that Tears In the Rain would be on the album!! 

14417469274.gif

gUYS she just pulled a Beyonce and randomly released her debut album i'm so happy spb.gifspb.gifspb.gif

it's only 5 fucking dollars (?!?!) so y'all should definitely buy it. i'm about to drive my broke ass car 2 miles down the road to walgreens so i can get an itunes gift card so yeah. 

she needs support, go buy the album :) :party:

@@SitarHero @@Baby V Alex @ @@National Anthem @@comeintomybedroom @ @

go buy it here!!

14417469274.gif

Noooooo she did was I was hoping she wouldn't do and put a bunch of previously released tracks in the album :deadbanana:

I was expecting it, she told me on Facebook a few different times that some EP stuff would be on there.. at least there are 9 new songs! :rip:

I still never got into her :/

Well... get into her. :noparty:

14417469274.gif

gUYS she just pulled a Beyonce and randomly released her debut album i'm so happy spb.gifspb.gifspb.gif

it's only 5 fucking dollars (?!?!) so y'all should definitely buy it. i'm about to drive my broke ass car 2 miles down the road to walgreens so i can get an itunes gift card so yeah. 

go buy it here!!

O M F H G

go buy it here!!

Gonna check it out thanks for the headsup ;)

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I'll probably be the only one to do this but let me rank+review the album and put off this college stuff I should be doing instead.

Tears In the Rain 10/10

This is my favorite QoH song & it has been since the Neon/Tears In the Rain EP. It's a great album closer and such a beautiful song in general. "All that we touch could soon be lost like tears in the rain." It's so lovely and has such a quiet yet urgent chorus... I'd definitely consider this her best song.

Suicide 10/10

My favorite new track from the album, it gives me such a dark 80s pop feel and I love it. It's a little cliché (but not overly so) but that also fits in with the 80s-esque feel the song gives me. It kind of reminds me of that old vampire movie Fright Night, no clue why. I can imagine this song playing during the dance club scene and in the dark alley afterwards.. :flutter: The chorus is everything, super catchy, kinda anthemic (for her anyway) and eerie in a sexy way. The ghost-like moans in the final chorus give me chills and remind me a bit of the ones in the pre-chorus to Pretty When You Cry. Her vocals are at her best in this song IMO.

Like a Drug 10/10

What kind of bop! This is what that dance-pop shit on the radio should sound like. It's catchy, cute, her voice sounds great and the lyrics are sweet even if a bit simple. This song has one of the best sing-along choruses I've heard in quite a while. I love the line "You were my darkness after the light, in a way you brought me to life."

Surrender 10/10

This song is just BEAUTIFUL. That chorus? Wow. "If love was perfect, would it ever move me? Would it make me feel alive? How could it excite me if it never made me cry?" Those cute electro blippy noises that accompany it make this song feel so happy and light even though the lyrics are a little bit melancholy.

Neon 9/10

IMO this song should've opened the album. It's immediately accessible and a good song as well. The lyrics are pretty cool and the backing track is interesting. This is one of the first songs I'd show someone to get them into her. I think it's her most well-known song, too? One of her best bridges here as well.

Colorblind 9/10

Her voice is lovely in this song, especially in the second part of verse two. I like how she name-drops the album in this song. :P The chorus is pretty but I feel like it could maybe take it a little farther, the main reason I'm giving this song a 9 instead of a 10.

Warrior 9/10

This seems to be a gripe I have with multiple songs on the album, but the verses in this song are just wonderful while the chorus falls a little short. This is a very solid song though and I think it fits the album well as an already-released single. I would've liked Broken Dreams from the Warrior EP to be here more, but Warrior kinda fits better I guess. That outro is pretty great tho, not gonna lie. I wish the album had taken a bit more of this epic-sounding direction that Warrior gives off.

Angel 9/10

HA, to contradict what I just said while reviewing Warrior, I actually love the chorus in this song and find the verses a little bit overdone. Verse two works with her fast-talking but the first verse is a bit off-putting at times. I love the backing track for the song and the chorus does slay though. This song fits that epic sound too, I really like it.

Freestyle is good, Heartbeat has the best verses on the album tbh but an AWFUL chorus :facepalm: and everything else is too blah for me to review.. :toofunny: I mean I'm definitely happy with the album, but almost half of it was previously released and then there are like 3 filler songs /sigh. Is It Enough has solid verses and yet another shitty chorus. Why? This album could've used some more tweaking.

14417469274.gif