Deleted User

Tove Lo

Pictures of what I assume is the official press release from Island was leaked.

"In order to bring Sunshine Kitty to life, she recorded between Los Angeles and Sweden throughout 2018 and re-teamed with "Habits (Stay High)" and "Talking Body" collaborators Jakob Jerlström and Ludvig Söderberg. Leveraging a longer recording window, they "took time like we used to, got drunk in the studio, and experimented with different sounds we hadn't tried before. "This experimentation widened the scope of her signature style as evidenced by the lead single "Glad He's Gone." Delicately plucked acoustic guitar entwines with her devilishly angelic delivery before Tove locks into an eyebrow-raising call- and-response with herself. Everything culminates on the high-pitched hook, "Better off, I'm glad that he's gone. ' "It's about friendship and love, " she goes on. "It's the obligatory pep-talk you give your girlfriend when she's going through a breakup. You're reminding her she's your partner-in-crime and showing unconditional support. It makes fun of the demands of being a good girlfriend and the dirty stuff you do just to make him confident. There's a message to it. l'm telling a real story that I think girls need to hear. You want to know your friends are there for you during a breakup. It's about all the fun you can have after heartbreak.

"Meanwhile, lustrous piano underscores the sunnycadence of "Sweettalk My Heart" where she gleefully accepts, "the lies a lovertells you that you both want to believe. "Eighties-esque keys drone through the nostalgic "Bad As The Boys" as it recalls, "Realizing my first crush on a girl. "Glistening neonproduction and Latin rhythms grind on the club-ready "R U Gonna Tell Her" as she admits, "our bodies tingle tight in the purple light, we're making love passed out, we look so damn good tonight. "Sunshine Kitty flexes from the hypnotic assurance of "Anywhere You Go" to the wild Euro dance elation of "Jacques, " which proves, "l still like to rave. "Inspired by an episode of Girls, the title shares its name with an accompanying animated Lynx —"Lo"in Swedish—who joins Tove on this trip... "Sunshine Kitty is a play on pussy power, but it's a happy, positive way of seeing it, " she states. "It ties in with the lynx. This cartoon cat is an extension of me and part of the new music. She's super cute, but she does stupid shit like getting in fights and getting fucked up. It's how I feel the album sounds. "

In the end, Tove Lo's imagination offers the ultimate escape. "When my music makes fans free, there's nothing better, " she leaves off. "Feel free to be sad, happy, or escape for a minute. I hope you can play this when you're driving and need to let your feelings out. Or, you can put it on and cry into your headphones. Maybe you blast it to dance everything off. Whenever you need an outlet, I'm here."

She's coming!

:defeated:

j14CYJi.png