Sitar

Teasers for 'Tropico' Released on YouTube

I remember someone from here calling the NYC or LA cemetery and askng them about upcoming events, can u guys ask them now again?

@@TrailerParkDarling called the hollywood forever cemetery and there wasn't anything planned back then but if lana said she doesn't know and "she thinks" december 1st then they probably won't know more

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Guest Dot

May I make another post to support my thesis of Cola being part of Tropico, beside the fact that I dreamt about it?

Alright there's like 5 major scenes we know of for now. We can assume that Body Electric will be the first song G&M somewhere in the middle and Bel Air the final song.

Part 1: Garden of Eden - BODY ELECTRIC

lana-del-rey-tropico-teaser-2-mister-sca

Part 2: Strip club - ?

lana-del-rey-filming-a-music-video-for-t

Part 3: Chola/Car scenes - ?

lana-del-rey-tropico-with-shaun-ross-04.

tumblr_mp8p0pkcy61rxxyobo1_500.jpg

Part 4: The road - ?

lana-del-rey-tropico-2013-13.jpg

Part 5 - Finale? - BEL AIR

dvonCjpv4DY.jpg

My guess:

The first part is obviously about Eve giving into her temptations asking god to forgive her sins.

After that she enters the land of gods and monsters (the strip club) Her, being an innocent girl/angel, becoming a stripper represents her loss of innocence. So I'd suggest the stripping scenes will feature Gods & Monsters.

Then we still have the scenes with the Cholas which doesn't really seem to fit in. Chola might be a play on words with Cola? We also see Lana standing in front of a Chevrolet with her pants open and Shaun leaning over her. They drive away to the fields were the float around and regain their innocence. My suggestion is that Cola represents their escape. They drive somewhere else were they can get rid of their sins, which finally leads us to the last part which is BEL AIR.

I think this makes a hell lot of sense. OMG that sounds so arrogant..whatever...There seems to be a missing link between G&M and BA and Cola really seems to fit in nicely.

1. Intro - Garden of Eden (+ Monologue) (5:00)

2. "Body Electric" (4:00)

3. Banishment (+ Monologue) (3:00)

4. "Gods and Monsters" (4:00)

5. Escape (+ Monologue) (3:00)

6. "Cola" (4:21)

7. Redemption (+ Monologue) (3:00)

8. "Bel Air" (4:00)

9. Final Monologue + Credits (3:00)

= 33 minutes and 21 seconds

So is there still anyone who questions the inclusion of Cola now?

Notice that we also have a video for every song from Paradise (not counting Yayo), if Cola is included in Tropico as well.

Ride

Blue Velvet (H&M)

Burning Desire (Jaguar)

American (Homemade Backdrop Video, shown during the Pardise Tour)

TROPICO:

- Body Electric

- Gods & Monsters

- Cola

- Bel Air

Yayo (Homemade Video for the "original" LDRAKALG version)

Guest Dot

@ Your delusion is getting out of hand.

:bye2: Just because you hate Cola doesn't mean you have to be rude to someone who is giving evidence of it's inclusion in the short film.

:bye2: Just because you hate Cola doesn't mean you have to be rude to someone who is giving evidence of it's inclusion in the short film.

:icant2:

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Guest Dot

:icant2:

3 Minutes for monologue character interaction and maybe a minor dialogue should be enough. Like that's almost as long as one music video itself.

33 minutes is a lot for a short film consisting of only three song with a length of 4 minutes. That's like 12 minutes of music. We are 100% not getting 21 minutes of monologue and character interaction. That'd be insane. 16 minutes of music and 17 minutes of the rest makes more sense, actually.

If Body Electric is set in the GoE, before she becomes a stripper there's still like four or three sets left. G&M is most likely to be set in the strip club. God knows what's gonna happen in there. Bel Air is definately not gonna feature the Cholas. And Chola = Cola her open hot pants, as well as her whole outfit, which is so Lolita/Cola makes it extremely obvious. Even the fact that she's wearing BLUE (Pepsi) makes it even more suspicious.

You are, however free to call me delusional as fuck, if it's not happening.

Guest Dot

"Laws for Creations" by Walt Whitman:

Laws for creations,

For strong artists and leaders, for fresh broods of teachers and

perfect literats for America,

For noble savans and coming musicians.

All must have reference to the ensemble of the world, and the

compact truth of the world,

There shall be no subject too pronounced--all works shall illustrate

the divine law of indirections.

What do you suppose creation is?

What do you suppose will satisfy the soul, except to walk free and

own no superior?

What do you suppose I would intimate to you in a hundred ways, but

that man or woman is as good as God?

And that there is no God any more divine than Yourself?

And that that is what the oldest and newest myths finally mean?

And that you or any one must approach creations through such laws?

"As Adam, Early In The Morning" by Walt Whitman

AS Adam, early in the morning,

Walking forth from the bower, refresh'd with sleep;

Behold me where I pass--hear my voice--approach,

Touch me--touch the palm of your hand to my Body as I pass;

Be not afraid of my Body.

This next one could be the "cowboy poem" we heard of...

"A Song" by Walt Whitman:

COME, I will make the continent indissoluble;

I will make the most splendid race the sun ever yet shone upon;

I will make divine magnetic lands,

With the love of comrades,

With the life-long love of comrades.

I will plant companionship thick as trees along all the rivers of

America, and along the shores of the great lakes, and all over

the prairies;

I will make inseparable cities, with their arms about each other's

necks;

By the love of comrades,

By the manly love of comrades.

For you these, from me, O Democracy, to serve you, ma femme! 10

For you! for you, I am trilling these songs,

In the love of comrades,

In the high-towering love of comrades.

She said she wanted to make a film with every song in it. Give me a moment to find the interview. But I agree with @ (although you may be reaching for straws) it makes a certain amount of sense. And I'll just wishfully think as well because I love that song. Let's just not be surprised either way. :pft:

3 Minutes for monologue character interaction and maybe a minor dialogue should be enough. Like that's almost as long as one music video itself.

33 minutes is a lot for a short film consisting of only three song with a length of 4 minutes. That's like 12 minutes of music. We are 100% not getting 21 minutes of monologue and character interaction. That'd be insane. 16 minutes of music and 17 minutes of the rest makes more sense, actually.

If Body Electric is set in the GoE, before she becomes a stripper there's still like four or three sets left. G&M is most likely to be set in the strip club. God knows what's gonna happen in there. Bel Air is definately not gonna feature the Cholas. And Chola = Cola her open hot pants, as well as her whole outfit, which is so Lolita/Cola makes it extremely obvious. Even the fact that she's wearing BLUE (Pepsi) makes it even more suspicious.

You are, however free to call me delusional as fuck, if it's not happening.

God I hope not. I think Cola deserves a proper single video and remix release before she puts out the next album, its a great song with great vocals and its controversial which is good since people must look forward to next single after Summertime.

And if you ask me i think Cola doesnt fit with Tropico, i mean i dont know the story, but i dont think Shauns character looks like an old married man. Also Gods & Monsters fits perfectly with Chola theme, shes an "angel" because she came from God but she wants to have fun, she wants to take that apple, so she gets fucked hard, takes drugs, becomes a tough girl, GODS DEAD I SAID BABY THATS ALRIGHT WITH ME. I think Chola and stripper scenes will be related, after all she has platinum tears in both scenes. But you never know...

God I hope not. I think Cola deserves a proper single video and remix release before she puts out the next album, its a great song with great vocals and its controversial which is good since people must look forward to next single after Summertime.

Interscope ignores Paradise and won't do anything with it sadly

Lana said they don't really like it.