Sign in to follow this  
Miguel3Zero

Award Season

Anyone want to make a bet?

Lana will never win an American award, I'll be surprised if Young and beautiful is even nominated. The powers that be have decided that she'll be kept out of any chance to win something ever. She had the audacity to defend herself against the ugly slandering, now we can't have that, can we. They will always find a "new Lana" with one hit and a lot of fillers. They will always go for the big box office movie with a generic theme song. There are millions of ways and reasons to stop her from winning something.

It's getting cold and dark outside which adds to my frustration. How I wish I was wrong, but really, I don't think so.

I am not a fan of Y&B. Lana deserved a couple awards not just for her album, her songs but videos as well and I guess all that was stolen somehow for some unknown reason. At least nominations those bitchs should've have given her. 

I don't think Y&B deserves an Oscar for example. IMO is one of Lana's worst songs right beside Body Electric. I also don't think that not having Grammy's makes Lana any less appreciated or successful.

When you think about Lana always remember Leonardo Dicaprio doesn't have an Oscar. Plus all those awards are in its large majoriity, industry deals. Lily expressed my thoughts on awards quite well:

I got a BRIT Award recently. And that was something four years ago that I would have died for. But when I finally got that award it meant absolutely nothing to me. Because I now know that The BRIT Awards is a TV show. Record company executives make deals with a TV channel and the producers about who wins what award in exchange for performance time. So its just become a non-award, like thank you for this.

Lilly Allen

glgcDdT.gif

I am not a fan of Y&B. Lana deserved a couple awards not just for her album, her songs but videos as well and I guess all that was stolen somehow for some unknown reason. At least nominations those bitchs should've have given her. 

I don't think Y&B deserves an Oscar for example. IMO is one of Lana's worst songs right beside Body Electric. I also don't think that not having Grammy's makes Lana any less appreciated or successful.

yeah, Y&B is utter shit compared to most of Lanas songs, it doesnt deserve any awards but its the song thats most likely to win an award for Lana because of the movie that it was featured in, 

Body Electric is very weak lyrically but those shitty lyrics are kind of iconic imo

yeah, Y&B is utter shit compared to most of Lanas songs, it doesnt deserve any awards but its the song thats most likely to win an award for Lana because of the movie that it was featured in, 

Body Electric is very weak lyrically but those shitty lyrics are kind of iconic imo

I think if Y&B wins anything will be a beautiful ironic moment in Lanas collection of ironies until now.

Agree that Body Electric is kind off iconic. Antoher irony lol

glgcDdT.gif

I would literally lol if Y&B even gets nominated. It's shit lyrics wise and does her no justice but has such a beautiful melody which I love. Also is it even eligible given the fact that she did write some parts before she was approached?

She'll never win an American music award because America is too busy handing them out to utter shit like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars.

Lana has more chances to win a VMB (music awards Brazil) than a VMA :toofloppy: . BTD was actually indicated as Best International Album and Lana as Best International artist.

If Lana wants a Grammy she better write a song in Portuguese or Spanish so she can get a chance at the Latin Grammy's. You know there she has a chance to get a couple awards  for herself :troll:

glgcDdT.gif

All this Y&B hate ......i just ....i cant :icant2:

I will never understand how such a song could be hated

2xHsjfq.gif

Pretty much. Y&B is the perfect soundtrack song. Not too deep but sentimental enough for people to feel for the characters in the movie.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

y&b isn't award-worthy at all but when you look at the stuff that does win awards (especially when talking about soundtracks), y&b doesn't seem too bad anymore plus it was pretty popular this year. awards are all politics though so who knows

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I wish Interscope would just throw money where it needs to be thrown so Lana can get more awards..... :sadcore:

A lot of the time no matter how good the song is, it depends on the success of the movie its associated with. I thought for sure that the Jay-Z powered "The Great Gatsby" would wipe the floor with everyone else in terms of awards. :byeh8rs2:

When I read that Lana was nominated for "Young and Beautiful" at the World Soundtrack awards, I thought "OH YES I WAS RIGHT SHE SHALL CONQUER!!"

But who wins?

ADELE for STUPID SKYFALL ....... :willcut:

Like Adele needs any more recognition for her music, I mean come on. What a rip-off.

Interscope out artist'd by XL Recordings

bye. :runs:

The more records she sells the more awkward it will be (for the music industry) for her not to get awards or nominations. So lets hope she sells a lot of records while keeping her artistic integrity. YAB can win something, if Skyfall can, and if not, all she has to do is persist at being incredible, and she'll win something eventually.

Anyway, the article below had some comic relief for me. 

I mostly agree with them (Steely Dan being the one exception).