lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

really? lmao im gonna get a job and put so legit on my playlist :lanahottie:

also how "done" do you guys think her album is? any idea of when we will at least get a hint of a single? i think i can hold out for a few months but longer than that and i'll go crazy especially with no leaks

*inserts "It's been 88 years"- gif since we got Born to Die.

But yeah, it would be really nice to know how far she has come with recording the alberm.

How far before the release of Paradise did she sing Body Electric Live? Let's dubiously base the next song première that :creep:

June 3, 2012 at Irving Plaza I think

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Coachella seems like the perfect time to debut a new song. Then again, we thought the same for Lollapalooza. But maybe this time she will debut a song! And then album to follow in the summer or fall. 

I don't think the album will be out before April though...

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

If the album, a first single, or a teaser song isn't out by the time in Coachella -- I'd expect 2-3 new songs.  Maybe only 2 if nothing out before.  This is common because bands have to learn songs and whoever plays with her at Coachella will probably be her touring band for the dates afterward.  So it's a good "rehearsal" for new material too.  I'm sure they'll have good polished versions especially for Coachella, but it's important to think of the logistics in terms of practicality.

Don't expect an album full of "Black Beauty"s people.  There's going to be uptempo and downtempo ones, it'll be balanced and scrutinized by producers, Lana, and the record company. 

As much as I don't want any collaborations on the album, there'll probably be 1 or 2.  A collaboration will help a single be strong if they don't feel it can walk on it's own legs as strongly as they want.  It's in Interscope's best interest to make this album very strong so she keeps up the momentum in the US.  Important timing right now.  You have to remember how much she's at the mercy of Interscope.  I'd say if this is successful (and there are people working hard on making sure it will be), she'll have a lot more freedom on the one after this.

u6pq4c9.gif

Coachella seems like the perfect time to debut a new song. Then again, we thought the same for Lollapalooza. But maybe this time she will debut a song! And then album to follow in the summer or fall. 

I don't think the album will be out before April though...

I don't think the Lollapalooza performance would've had new songs. At the time we were waiting for Tropico and had no idea about Ultraviolence. I wouldn't be suprised if she debuted a new song at Cochella because I think that the reason she is perfoming is to be seen in the public eye.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

She'll sing mostly BtD and Paradise songs on Coachella, since it's a festival not a private concert. But I'm pretty sure she'll sing at least a new one ( just like Body Electric was performed at some festivals before the Paradise release). But you never know with Ms. Del Rey: in the week she released Ride she performed at Itunes Festival and didn't sing it so who knows?

"Majestic cinematic epic" ULTRAVIOLENCE

hm so it seems she won't change her sound THAT much. It makes sense, BtD sold millions, but I'm hoping for something a little different

Didn't Juliette hate Lana way back?

she had done before she met her, I suppose

juliette-lewis-tweet.jpg

Majestic cinematic epic. Im here for it rather than some cheap pop songs ala Serial Killer .