lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Why do we have a separate thread about the release date?  :hooker:

There's a perfectly good 'contents' page in the OP.

I hope it does come out around Coachella time. It's crazy how soon it is. I'm pretty sure she's already picked out a single for April and she's probably already shot the artwork for the album.

It's news and not just discussion?

So, does anyone know if this is legit?

It's slightly pitched, but I would die of happiness if this is a final version for the album. 

its fake but it sounds rly good

www.twitter.com/dominicscott

So, does anyone know if this is legit?

It's slightly pitched, but I would die of happiness if this is a final version for the album. 

Woah it sounds really nice even if it's fake. Very Video Games.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Ok, so based on the descriptions of Ultra that Lana dm'ed, as well as Rob saying that each song will "shock you," what part of it do you think will be shocking? Will it be the sound? The lyrics? The composition? I'm so excited to find out!

I think the sound and compostion, mostly because of how Lana said it was almost unlistenable. And I think she's always had pretty shocking lyrics! One of the things I love about her!

I just can't wait for this album though. I almost can't sleep at night!

Ok, so based on the descriptions of Ultra that Lana dm'ed, as well as Rob saying that each song will "shock you," what part of it do you think will be shocking? Will it be the sound? The lyrics? The composition? I'm so excited to find out!

What could be more shocking than Pepsi Cola? :lel:

So Rob is hyping it up also. Nothing good comes out of this. I only hope for great new songs. Yes, songs, not something that will change the future of the world. LDR needs no hype, she's brilliant enough without it. # DON'T BELIVE THE HYPE" it's what killed her start in the US.

I really hope this goes in a shoegaze/rock direction...that's when Lana is at her best (a la AKA Lizzy Grant or the summer leaks). Her covers of Knocking on Heaven's Door and Wonderwall were heavenly.

Hell to the no! I srsly hope that is not the direction for the album.

I also found the cover of KOHD awful, but mainly because I hate that song and Dylan in general.

I always find it extremly tacky and uninspiring when an artist covers Dylan, Oasis and Nirvana. Such obvious pics and so often done.

Hell to the no! I srsly hope that is not the direction for the album.

I also found the cover of KOHD awful, but mainly because I hate that song and Dylan in general.

I always find it extremly tacky and uninspiring when an artist covers Dylan, Oasis and Nirvana. Such obvious pics and so often done.

Nirvana, yes, but Dylan and Oasis' sounds are perfect for Lana, IMO. Her voice is incredible over a dreamy rock sound.