lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I can't help but think that Lana's music would be better if she didn't sing with her lower register so much...

I can't help but disagree. She has a really interesting timbre in her upper register and lower register. It's the mix of both that's so alluring to me.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest Dot

UV is gonna be Rock/Independent-influenced, mixed with orchestral and cinematic sounds as well as some experimental hip-hop elements, I think.

I dont care about hair colour (even though blonde would slay   :flutter: ). With the right haircare, she can rock every colour - but she MUST care.  So girl, you better give away these awful hair extensions. 

article-0-1B7B5D82000005DC-570_640x931.j

I dont care about hair colour (even though blonde would slay   :flutter: ). With the right haircare, she can rock every colour - but she MUST care.  So girl, you better give away these awful hair extensions. 

article-0-1B7B5D82000005DC-570_640x931.j

she doesnt have extensions anymore tho 

I can't help but disagree. She has a really interesting timbre in her upper register and lower register. It's the mix of both that's so alluring to me.

Finally someone saying this

cool-cat-giving-high-five-to-owner.gif

Like WTF you guys?

If you don't like her lower register how do you listen to most of her discography, like BTD or Lolita.

I like the way she uses her voice

I love the growly strug of her voice, Lizzy revival ain't happenin despite my hopes and dreams

Plus Burning Desire is an uncontested moment

@@SitarHero and @@evilentity are right. I can appreciate all the facets of her vocal delivery and especially her prowess as a sort of... "actress" in that sense (see: OTTR), but at the same time, I feel the sole deep-voiced delivery doesn't allow for the variety of sounds and genres that I personally, would prefer her to explore. 

Let's get that alt-rock album!

Also country-twang is so cute:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

so u didnt see this. tumblr_n19fhkIGiF1qkn2mro1_500.jpg

Are you sure that's her, she looks weird as fuck in that photo 

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Yeah, it sounds forced and like she's struggling to keep her voice so low sometimes. She also struggles live because of this. I also can't imagine that being good for her voice in the long run.

So if she had more upper-register songs on Ultraviolence, her live would get better, given she had to sing more upper-register live? I'm also into the side of LDR that does alternate versions of the same song, so I often wonder what Summertime Sadness or Body Electric might sound like if sung by May Jailer.