lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Gaga doing something psychedelic with guitars?

He also said it was good, so...

Yeah over last summer some of her producers talking about something similar and it sounds amazing.. but we are not digressing into gaga so lets stay on topic LOL

Ultraviolence: The Purgatory Edition

I'd love to see something more psychedelic from Lana, and critics did say Paradise was just a continuation of BTD but I think they were completely different.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

Paradise took a more cinematic turn than even Born to Die. It had nice percussion but was not as heavily hip-hop influenced as Born to Die was. With Dan Auerbach producing, and the way Blake played on the guitar during the tour, makes me think Ultraviolence will take a more rock/grunge inspired turn. There's no doubt in my mind that she would never abandon the cinematic nature of her music; I mean, that's her schtick basically. And if Once Upon a Dream is any indication of where the new album is going, it will be a natural progression from Paradise rather than Born to Die. I'm saying all of this loosely, no one knows anything until it drops, of course lol but those are just my thoughts

Has anyone heard Grace Potter & The Nocturnals's "The Lion The Beast The Beat"? add strings = Ultraviolence...hopefully, for me anyway..

Dan Auerbach produced it sooooooo, just makin' assumptions

enough with the dark interpretations. plot twist: ultraviolence ends up becoming the most sweetest album ever. including hit songs like "heartshaped sunglasses", "cherry pies" and "blue velvet (v2)"  :troll:

EQFO7rX.png

A song like 'Violet Princess' would definitely fit that intepretation...

tumblr_m2l912b83y1rnbdd7o1_500.gif

It will be darker for sure, I only hope BB is included, it's an amazing song

I want her to go full rock ala Velvet Crowbar too :flutter:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

"She hasn't gone all trap if that's what you were hoping."

That doesn't sound like something someone would be hoping from Lana at all. Has anyone expected her new album to feature trap anything?

"A little darker"

Doesn't match with "unlistenable," which suggests "so dark you will want to take your headphones off and walk around in hopes of becoming the person you were before you heard this album." Then again, Lana loves to exaggerate.

"guitars, I'm afraid"

Has anyone been anti-Lana doing guitar stuff? She's done it before and I don't feel there's an anti-guitar sentiment among Lana fans.

"continuation of last album"

Born To Die? Paradise? And didn't Lana bid goodbye to the BTD/P era with Tropico?

A more psychedelic Lana sounds interesting, but I'm not holding my breath that this is about Lana. It's about someone people expected to go into trap and is going into guitar stuff instead, to the disappointment of many fans. (Lady Gaga? She had been messing around with trap for a while and a good portion of her fanbase dislikes her guitar rocky stuff, plus she intends to release a continuation to ARTPOP. Katy Perry, what with Dark Horse and all? Seems way too soon for a new Katy album, so I doubt it).

Lana should just bring back David Kahne and do an AKA continuation

Paradise took a more cinematic turn than even Born to Die. It had nice percussion but was not as heavily hip-hop influenced as Born to Die was. With Dan Auerbach producing, and the way Blake played on the guitar during the tour, makes me think Ultraviolence will take a more rock/grunge inspired turn. There's no doubt in my mind that she would never abandon the cinematic nature of her music; I mean, that's her schtick basically. And if Once Upon a Dream is any indication of where the new album is going, it will be a natural progression from Paradise rather than Born to Die. I'm saying all of this loosely, no one knows anything until it drops, of course lol but those are just my thoughts

This so much.

"She hasn't gone all trap if that's what you were hoping."

I think that bit alone reveals that this person was talking about Fartflop Attempt 2 and those four letters also fit Caga.

Hopefully she says "no" to vocal editing again.

Looking at you American & Body Electric.

Body Electric is Perfect and if the UV is more like that it will be the best album ever!

I AM MY ONLY GOD