lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Is it possible that when Lana said in that video about the album being released May 1st that it was a ploy? I mean, is it a possibility that the album would come out before the tour, which means in the next few weeks? Of course I'm hopeful (and May isn't that far away, so I'm not complaining) but does it make sense if it happened that way?

There's another Beyoncé esque album deal with iTunes coming.

Could be Lana.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/03/17/beyonceexclusive

I think that's super interesting and somethings in there I could definitely see pertaining to Lana, but there are some BIG red flags that make me think it's not about her. I remember seeing an article saying that Lana is one of the most streamed female artists of Spotify with only Rihanna and Katy Perry (I think) to top her. Doing an iTunes exclusive would really benefit her here and really make people purchase the music as opposed to streaming it for free. But, the article also said that this artist will be really pushing it to their fans using Twitter, e-mails and so on. Does this really sound like Lana? When she announced her tour, we didn't get an e-mail like how most artist would do it. They would also send out an e-mail giving you the presale code and I don't recall anyone getting said e-mail. 

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

It could be Rihanna. Shes doing a new album and Jay Z is her boss too. They sound like theyre talking about a "big" sort of act tbh.

The article sounds like it describes Rihanna so much more than Lana, especially because of this Jay Z thing you just said.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

What if it's just the Paradise preview on private? :defeated:

But did it say 14 before? I thought I remembered seeing 13.

God, the desperation is real.

no, its just tropico on private, she uploaded it twice. u can see it on mobile

VyIsfwC.jpg

I shouldnt write about this but Im too excited. They wanted to release it in complete secret.

The first single is called Bloody Tears. I havent seen official cover yet. Its  described as a ballad - very cinematic with some guitars - like a cross between Ride and Y&B. The lyrics are actually very dark and mature. Im suprised Interscope is willing to release it as the first single because of how much radio-unfriendly it is. But on the other hand its supposed to reflect the sound of the album perfectly. 

The most importantly, it will be released on March, 25. They video should be out on April, 15. Get ready. 

that article doesn't sound like lana at all, she hasn't really shown much "savviness" in marketing. also "the artist feels there are compensation problems on streaming platforms" doesn't sound like lana at all, radiohead maybe idk, they've criticised it. ugh, tired of multi-millionaires complaining about normal people not spending all of their money on music

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

The first single is called Bloody Tears. I havent seen official cover yet. Its  described as a ballad - very cinematic with some guitars - like a cross between Ride and Y&B. The lyrics are actually very dark and mature. Im suprised Interscope is willing to release it as the first single because of how much radio-unfriendly it is. But on the other hand its supposed to reflect the sound of the album perfectly. 

The most importantly, it will be released on March, 25. They video should be out on April, 15. Get ready. 

Lana Del Rey graces us with her presence on the forum.

I shouldnt write about this but Im too excited. They wanted to release it in complete secret.

Tbh I love the sound of that but I don't think I believe you. Nothing personal, its just that i'd have more trust playing in the Hunger Games than I would with stans giving out news.

Tbh I love the sound of that but I don't think I believe you. Nothing personal, its just that i'd have more trust playing in the Hunger Games than I would with stans giving out news.

I shouldnt even tell this. They dont want it to leak in any way. They are choosing completely different marketing strategy this era. They dont want to overexpose and stress her like at the beginning of BtD era. They will actually promote music and possible get the deserved critical acclaim.

What's your source?