lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I sing, for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it's so passionate that it becomes aggressive. It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion.

Hi I'm Lana I want to take women back to the 1800's by trying to glamorize and make domestic abuse sexy. I'll make a huge impression on a lot of venerable young females and males who don't know any better, cause I'm so fucking bored and brain dead that I can only feel emotion when someone is beating the shit out of me, bonus i'll be safe whilst doing this and be making a shit load of money at the same time.          Enjoy Ultraviolence  :smokes2:

[iMAGE REMOVED]

the album hasn't even came

Out yet and you're basing this off an interview that May or may not be fake... Chill. I understand where you're coming from but the album hasn't even came out yet..

Edited by FLOPPY SEAL PUP
Graphic image of physical abuse, possibly triggering

Yes, but I think violence is something, and that's why Lana's choosing it as a topic to sing about. (Or at least reference. How remains to be seen, I guess.)

That response was to the taking of lyrics in general, love, not about the violence. I'd never write the latter off as "nothing."

Your post is far more triggering to any member on LanaBoards who has been in an abusive relationship than that godforsaken lyric is, myself included. And THIS POST is what's disgusting me. Are you fucking serious?

I am not even going to bother.

It's not just the lyric though is it, it's the statement about the lyric 

I sing, for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it's so passionate that it becomes aggressive. It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion.

It's fucked up and anyone who thinks it isn't needs to ask themselves why 

Some of us have a reason to be fucking salty!

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I agree that full-on criticism is premature. But mostly people are expressing their feelings about what's been shared so far. And I'm thinking artists do want people to respond to their work.

I agree with this. I merely said that what was said in that interview (which @@Stoop Kid aptly pointed out could be mistranslated, taken out of context, etc) made me feel sick. That was it. I didn't condone her or the lyrics or anything...? 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Hi I'm Lana I want to take women back to the 1800's by trying to glamorize and make domestic abuse sexy. I'll make a huge impression on a lot of venerable young females and males who don't know any better, cause I'm so fucking bored and brain dead that I can only feel emotion when someone is beating the shit out of me, bonus i'll be safe whilst doing this and be making a shit load of money at the same time. Enjoy Ultraviolence :smokes2:

[iMAGE REMOVED]

Some people have a reason to get fucking salty!

God, shut the fuck up

also...

Please don't post graphic images of physical abuse. They have no place on this forum and may be triggering to some members. Thank you. 

I agree that full-on criticism is premature. But mostly people are expressing their feelings about what's been shared so far. And I'm thinking artists do want people to respond to their work.

I think these feelings are misdirected. Maybe people think it's about domestic violence initially, but it's not, it's completely different. There's consent in this case, she just likes getting 'rough handled' so do lots of people. It's like (is) BDSM. 

As per your advice parkin, I've asked myself why and I realised it's just something that me and my partner is into. Maybe we do find 'vanilla' things boring, so what. 

She likes rough sex, she likes rough foreplay, she likes that kind of passion that brings out an animalistic nature in bed. Have you heard of someone being "vanilla" in bed? (@ beat me to it, fuck.)

So yes, I do think it's okay in that context. And I am entitled to that opinion just as you are entitled to thinking it is the empowerment of abuse.

Aggression and abuse may coincide with one another at times, but they do not strictly coexist. You wouldn't say that a football player was "abusive," he was aggressive, he played it rough. God knows if this was even actually said. And it's a written interview, no one knows if this segment got spliced or shortened, they do it all the time to juice up the article or keep it short and entertaining.

Okay, gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries, love, happens to all of us. :kiss:

She likes rough sex, she likes rough foreplay, she likes that kind of passion that brings out an animalistic nature in bed. Have you heard of someone being "vanilla" in bed? (@ beat me to it, fuck.)

So yes, I do think it's okay in that context. And I am entitled to that opinion just as you are entitled to thinking it is the empowerment of abuse.

Aggression and abuse may coincide with one another at times, but they do not strictly coexist. You wouldn't say that a football player was "abusive," he was aggressive, he played it rough. God knows if this was even actually said. And it's a written interview, no one knows if this segment got spliced or shortened, they do it all the time to juice up the article or keep it short and entertaining.

It's glamorizing/sexualizing violence some of you clearly support, it I don't 

she's being a fucking idiot 

also...

Please don't post graphic images of physical abuse. They have no place on this forum and may be triggering to some members. Thank you. 

I'm totally triggered 

It's glamorizing/sexualizing violence some of you clearly support, it I don't 

she's being a fucking idiot 

The last thing you should be doing is trying to put words in people's mouths when your graphic post was a full-blown, direct trigger to some past-victims that you are trying to argue about this with (who, surprising it may be to you, may be handling this interview differently than you'd expect.) If you were trying to "glamorize" your point with such vile and insensitive imagery, I am not moved. That was insensitive, no matter which way you cut the cake.

This is the last time I'm going to respond to you because this is becoming a revolving-door.

I'm totally triggered 

You're being really rude and abrasive at this point. I understand that this is a contentious interview and we have a lot of varying, passionate viewpoints, but that doesn't give you license to be a jerk in your delivery. Cut it out or I will formally reprimand you (warning points, post ban, etc).

I hope this isn't sarcastic because that image actually was pretty triggering.

Do i really sound like I'm being sarcastic I'm pissed about this bullshit and everyone trying to justify it