lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I don't see what was shady or condescending in my post either, I wasn't condoning abuse, which I do know something about btw.

I think TPD meant she was about to say something that might come across as shady/condesceding.

I said aggressive men, not abusive ones. There is a difference. Most men that I see today seem to have their balls clipped and I find it quite sad. 

Agreed. Most grown up women i know would agree with this also. Mind you, these are women who run their own businesses, are independent and have had long term relationships.

I wish it was easier in our culture to let men be the men they are, with different personalities being appreciated. Some guys are more aggressive and that's okay, but being less aggressive is okay too. We all need the freedom to pursue our own styles, without worrying so much about whether our choices are going to make someone feel we're choosing "against" their "side" somehow.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

For you more experienced music fans,

when is Lana likely to put out the next single?

I realise we only just got West Coast but I'm an impatient person

next single? i dont think that we are getting one before the album release which is allegedly coming between may - june :S 

I also remember Vida festival (Spain / July 4-6) tweeted a few times that lana will perform all of ultraviolence ! So The album should be out before then! @vidafestival: Lana del Rey will be performing her new single "West Coast" and also the rest of her new album "Ultraviolence" at #Vidafestival2014!!

I also remember Vida festival (Spain / July 4-6) tweeted a few times that lana will perform all of ultraviolence ! So The album should be out before then! @vidafestival: Lana del Rey will be performing her new single "West Coast" and also the rest of her new album "Ultraviolence" at #Vidafestival2014!!

I HOPE THESE SPANIARDS AREN'T TRICKING US. I'm gonna die if she does the whole thing!!

That's so cool because I'm gonna see Lana June 20! Ahhhh I'm so happy though I shouldn't get my hopes up too high since she could still only perform BTD/Paradise and only very few of UV? Idk

I'm just hoping for one promo single before the album. I'm content with only 2 songs until the album release, but a second would hold me over

I would kind of prefer that she kept people waiting for a new song until the album release. It would cause an even buzzier release, I think.

I just want that damn track list.

Now that I think about it, June 2nd is actually a great release date. It's only three days after Maleficent comes out in theaters so hype will definitely be building due to Once Upon a Dream. I think that's a smart move. I, personally, won't mind the wait as long as we get something along the way (West Coast video, promotional photos, tracklist, cover art, etc)

So it has to come out before like July 5th! Exciting right ? And I used to think they were kidding when they said she'd play her whole album but they posted it more than three times so it has to be legit! I'm just so excited like the fact that they're actually gonna be more songs is so exciting! I mean I haven't stopped playing west coast since it's premier! I even play it while

I'm sleeping haha and another thing I'm so happy - Lana is looking so good , happy and healthy and she's occupied with concerts and photoshoots (etc.) I'm so excited for what else the era has in store for us!

I think part of the reason that Lana hasn't given us the tracklist is because it would make the chances of the album leaking much higher, and that's definitely something we don't want after what we've seen about how certain leaks can impact her. If she hadn't told us about Black Beauty, it wouldn't have leaked and I feel like she knows this now and is conscious of that. We were officially told about West Coast a week before it was debuted which gives the some some time to hype up and get more people excited. I think that's why she's held off on telling us anything because she knows that if she tells us something too early, such as song titles, it runs a higher risk of leaking. I think everything has been precisely timed in how it would be presented, tracklists, singles, covers and more, because they're really trying to make sure nothing leaks.  

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Gosh, do you guys REALISE what an exciting time we have ahead of us? West Coast music video and (hopefully) official lyrics, new promotion photos, the UV album cover and the tracklist (dying of anticipation), more live performances, hopefully some new magazine covers and interviews... And then the RELEASE OF UV!! It's ONLY 45 days left to the 2nd of June! 

:crai:

Something makes me think we'll get the cover/track list around the time of the music video release next week. Usually, she would have premiered the lead single mvid after, but clearly the timing is very methodical this time. 

Oh! Each day I get more excited!

How about we exchange stories about how we first encountered LDR?

I was watching the H&M advert when my brother walked in & said "hey that's the girl that sings Video Games!"

I looked it up and 4 minutes 42 seconds later I was a Lanatic for life!

Now that I think about it, June 2nd is actually a great release date. It's only three days after Maleficent comes out in theaters so hype will definitely be building due to Once Upon a Dream. I think that's a smart move. I, personally, won't mind the wait as long as we get something along the way (West Coast video, promotional photos, tracklist, cover art, etc)

AND it would be my birthday ! I think I'll begin giving hints  :quote: about the upcoming album and how I want it baaaadly ... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg