lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I just listened to this while playing the version Lana initially released simultaneously and it sounds exactly the same to me. Maybe I have bad hearing, but I don't think it sounds different at all

its really different lol, its shorter, less backing vocals, less reverb, without the check 1 2 get it girl.

its really different lol, its shorter, less backing vocals, less reverb, without the check 1 2 get it girl.

Alright, well I'm not saying you're wrong. I did notice the fact that this radio edit is shorter since between verses it is cut down. Other than that I'm just saying I can't tell where you hear these areas with "less reverb", "less backing vocals" or the "1 2 get it girl" since I just don't know what to listen for to tell the difference. I literally had one earphone playing the initial released version and another earphone playing the radio edited version and both sounded exactly the same throughout excluding the shortened break between verses. But even when I sped up the initially released version to where the radio edited version starts the second verse I couldn't hear any difference.

Could you possibly tell me what minute mark things are explicitly different? I really don't hear it and I am not trying to start an arguement with you

Edit: double posted..

29legc9.gif

Alright, well I'm not saying you're wrong. I did notice the fact that this radio edit is shorter since between verses it is cut down. Other than that I'm just saying I can't tell where you hear these areas with "less reverb", "less backing vocals" or the "1 2 get it girl" since I just don't know what to listen for to tell the difference. I literally had one earphone playing the initial released version and another earphone playing the radio edited version and both sounded exactly the same throughout excluding the shortened break between verses. But even when I sped up the initially released version to where the radio edited version starts the second verse I couldn't hear any difference.

Could you possibly tell me what minute mark things are explicitly different? I really don't hear it and I am not trying to start an arguement with you

its just without the effect, its on the whole song. 

The last chorus goes

I can see my baby swinging, his Parliament's on fire and his hands are up

On the balcony and I'm singing, move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I can see my baby swinging, his Parliament's on fire and his hands are up

On the balcony and I'm singing, ooh baby, ooh baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swinging, he's crazy and Cubano como yo, my love

On the balcony and I'm swaying, move baby, move baby, I'm in love 

2wn4whw.png

They must have changed the audio, 'cause her vocals sounded totally different on the radio edit the first time I listened to it and now they're more similiar to the official version.

"Cruel World" is such a cheesy title idk

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

The last chorus goes

On the balcony and I'm singing, move baby, move baby, I'm in love

On the balcony and I'm singing, ooh baby, ooh baby, I'm in love

I thought so! i go between the two but i noticed no one else i know who likes the song does, they just say ooh baby.

Just played the radio-edit and went back and forth with the single version, the harmonies and vocals in the chorus are generally more sharp and clear; I noticed harmonies that I didn't catch before, and it's only cut by give-or-take thirty seconds so otherwise not too much is being missed out on. I honestly really like how her voice melts into the music in the unedited version, but I enjoy the edit.

Anyway.

So fucking stoked for Cruel World. WC CW are everything right now. I'd love if UV opened with WC and closed with CW. :oic:

I can't wait to hear more of the newly surfaced song. I was expecting it to maybe be the UV-fied Hollywood's Dead, but I am intrigued either way.

I really really love Hollywood's Dead, but just because it has the lyrics "cruel world" doesn't mean that it's going to sound similar or have the same message. Besides, Lana likes to use the same lyrics in several songs (which is what I like a lot about her music tbh).

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png