lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

and that explains everything :hooker:

You're totally right. This UV era is way above and beyond anything on the BTD/P albums. Loving her sounds and can't wait to hear the rest!

party.gif?w=1100

I think both producers did a good job, BtD was a good album and every track suited the style of it.

UV is going into another direction, so it's produced in a different way. but i have to say, I'm not too happy with the mastering of some of the songs we've heard yet ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

lol @ itunes naming the explicit deluxe as "deluxe" and the clean deluxe as "deluxe version"

that looks weird for me, not homogeneous  :biblio:

didnt know that :O, i dont care about clean versions lol

Actually, I hope she does not to do anything maajor with Emile ever again. He ruined some of the songs on BTD, well not completly since they are strong enough on their own, but I will never understand the people who are saying that Dan Auerbach is terrible and that he did a terrible job. Emile used the same effects over and over on BTD, he does it on every record he is actually producing. 

FFS, when you don't like a certrain style, don't say that this person is trash, rather say it's just not your cup of tea..

I love parts of what Emile did on BTD, like the beginning beats on BTD.. but the demos (Lolita Surf Noir demo>>life) clearly show that the song shines even without the obnoxious repetition of "Louder!" or the "Say!" in Blue Jeans.. I could deal with Emile if he didn't sample..like anything. Stick to the beats. W/ that said, I'm glad Lana is experimenting with different producers, I also think it's interesting that with each new project she "forgets" or maybe even belittles a past project. She is her own worst critic I guess but I get the feeling that she has a lot more control/influence over her own work now so hopefully she'll be happy with the end result this time and feel proud of her hard work, even when she moves onto another project

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

One random album that comes out in July leaked, and Ultraviolence still didn't.... Fascinating  :gclap:

But I want it to leak so bad, can't wait 2 freaking weeks  :defeated: 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I feel lik the Grammys have been extremely pathetic these couple of years like you said, but they still have some credible awards when it comes to technicalities and stuff. I think Dan is a great producer, and it's fine for someone not to like his production and style, but saying things like he's a shit producer and that he has no idea how to mix vocals or mix songs isn't exactly the same as saying "I know what Lana and Dan are trying to do, and I'm not a fan of it."

Ah yeah the majority of complaints do seem to be about the vocals. I'm pretty sure Lana wants them that way. Idk I love it, plus she recorded them all in one take.

Dan Auerbach doesn't know how to mix vocals... Bye

Even on his records he sounds like shit but no one cares because he's a male and most people listen to him don't care about the "vocals"

So he gets a pass

Lana Del Rey is known for her voice (her DEEP voice on VG turned heads and put her on the map). He ruins it completely.

Honestly, I hope UV doesn't leak. though im pretty sure it will

Yeah, I don't want it to leak 'cause of Lana's success, but at the same time I want it to leak 'cause I can't wait 2 more weeks, and I can't buy it anywhere in my country  :crying4:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Dan Auerbach doesn't know how to mix vocals... Bye

Even on his records he sounds like shit but no one cares because he's a male and most people listen to him don't care about the "vocals"

So he gets a pass

Lana Del Rey is known for her voice (her DEEP voice on VG turned heads and put her on the map). He ruins it completely.

No, Lana's voice is not deep at all. I think it's good that she's singing with her middle and high range more because that's her natural voice. You can tell she's faking/pushing her voice to sound lower but she fails 80% of the time. If not look at Summertime Sadness/Ride she hits the lowest note at least 7 times in each song but live she can't even do it once!

She even had to change the key of the song in the US tour to handle singing that way so many times.

She should embrace her high voice, cause that's where she sounds the most beautiful and natural. If she keeps pushing out low notes/trying to sound deep she will end up destroying her voice.

Yeah, I don't want it to leak 'cause of Lana's success, but at the same time I want it to leak 'cause I can't wait 2 more weeks, and I can't buy it anywhere in my country  :crying4:

Srsly? Why don't you just order it online then? :P

How would mixing affect the tone of her voice? She obviously decided to sing higher on these songs. Also the insinuation that she has to keep singing Video Games-esque songs for eternity just because they "put her on the map" is silly.