lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Florida Kilos and Sad Girl are the only tracks I've listened too so far and omg they are both so amazing!

Florida Kilos is everything I hoped it would be from first hearing that title! So happy with it and can't wait for the album to finally be in my hands!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Black Beauty is great and maybe it's because it's not DA-produced.  I'm going to get dismissed as someone who "can't handle the challenge of this era", but I think too many of the DA songs meander aimlessly and while interesting on the surface, they get old fast.  I don't think I can make it through the entire album because it just jumbles together too much.  I agree with being underwhelmed by the lyrics too.  All the songs on their own are fine, but this isn't an album I can listen straight through like BTD.  I really hope we hear how some of these songs went with other producers.  I don't think the mixing is that great and it's not just Lana being mixed too low sometimes either.  Then again, I will listen and it will undoubtedly all grow on me.  But I do think there's going to be talk about the production when it's released and it's not going to be all glowing just because the Black Keys guy did it.

u6pq4c9.gif

I knew Black Beauty would be different and I FUCKING LOVE IT OMG THIS IS TOO MUCH TO HANDLE I'M LAUGHING AND CRYING AT THE SAME TIME HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

Edit. Alright, I'm gonna calm myself now and stay away from the rest of the songs until the whole thing is out... pray 4 me

ZmJh1LG.jpg