Ziatch

Hip Hop

When I started getting into Lana I started noticing her name showing up more in other places. I've started seeing her name show up in Hip Hop and Rap forums. So is anyone here into Hip Hop and Rap as much as they are into Lana? I think it would be cool to start a conversation about it and see how it relates to Lana. 

Sorry if this has already been posted but I couldn't find anything  :eek: 

jY0uBL3.gif

@
My music tastes have been based on how much cash I have lately, which is around nil. I've been listening to some free mix tapes - Chance The Rappers Acid Rap his old Mixtapes Back To School Good Enough. Run The Jewels. Innatape, Kanye's Old Tapes- Freshmen Adjustment

I also have Kanye, Eminem, Jay-Z, Tribe Called Quest, Gorillaz, Kendrick and stuff like that. 
I started this to sort of open my eyes to some new Hip Hop I always want to have more to listen to.

jY0uBL3.gif

@

My music tastes have been based on how much cash I have lately, which is around nil. I've been listening to some free mix tapes - Chance The Rappers Acid Rap his old Mixtapes Back To School Good Enough. Run The Jewels. Innatape, Kanye's Old Tapes- Freshmen Adjustment

I also have Kanye, Eminem, Jay-Z, Tribe Called Quest, Gorillaz, Kendrick and stuff like that. 

I started this to sort of open my eyes to some new Hip Hop I always want to have more to listen to.

run the jewels is one of my favourite albums this year, it's great

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

run the jewels is one of my favourite albums this year, it's great

I really like it but I'm feeling Chance and Vic a little more for some reason, still loving Run the Jewels though

jY0uBL3.gif

@

sick. gr8 taste. you should check out Migos - Young Rich Niggas and Cakes Da Killa - Eulogy. Cakes reminds me of Chance a lot tbh. Like lola, i loved Run The Jewels heapsss it's sweet af. another one 2 look out for if u like trap rap is Mykki Blanco - The Illuminati Prince/ss (or at least check Kingpinning (ice cold))

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I like Azealia Banks, Iggy Azalea and Angel Haze (and nicki minaj but idk if she fits in the list). I also listen to some Kendrick Lamar, can someone tell me about some great Hip-Hop albums? cause my knowledge in that field is very shallow

qqAZ3mU.png

do u guys like odd future? i've only listened to tyler's wolf and goblin but i quite liked them

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I like Azealia Banks, Iggy Azalea and Angel Haze (and nicki minaj but idk if she fits in the list). I also listen to some Kendrick Lamar, can someone tell me about some great Hip-Hop albums? cause my knowledge in that field is very shallow

If you want music similar to the first artists you mentioned check their label, but for some Great/ Essential Hip Hop Albums a quick search should give you artist discography like Nas (Illmatic) Dr Dre (Chronic/2001) Snoop Dogg (DoggyStyle) Tribe Called Quest (Any one of their albums) Outkast (Aquemini) 2PAC (Me against the World) Jay-Z (Reasonable Doubt) Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) Biggie (Ready To Die) Kanye (College Dropout or MBDTF) NWA (Straight Outta Compton) are some of the names that get thrown around. Theres also a lot of good free mix tapes on sites like Datpiff.com if you want to get a taste of artists and see what you like, theres been some pretty good one finds for me lately. Have fun . My Essentials list is very bare bones if anyone wants to add to it feel free.

do u guys like odd future? i've only listened to tyler's wolf and goblin but i quite liked them

They aren't my thing but if you like Tyler you should check out everyone else in OFWGKTA they've got a lot of people in it. Speaking of OFWGKTA everyone should give Frank Ocean a try he isn't a rapper but his music is sick give it a listen

Also thank you everyone for giving me new artists to check out. Appreciate it  :smile: 

jY0uBL3.gif

So is anyone here into Hip Hop and Rap as much as they are into Lana?

Pretty much.  :smile:

@

You have good taste. :kiss:

Kanye, Kendrick, and Frank Ocean are my faves, but I love Chance (Acid Rap is amazing), A$AP Rocky, Tyler The Creator, Childish Gambino, Iggy Azalea, and sometimes Gorillaz. One of my friends is a rapper, so I get some of my tastes from him.

OF is such white ppl rap tho and while the beats r p cool i get real bored of tyler saying faggot every line

OF is such white ppl rap tho and while the beats r p cool i get real bored of tyler saying faggot every line

we're both white  :creepna2: but i know what u mean. yeah i guess he can be kinda try-hard edgy at times but i mainly like the beats and his voice and his lyrics can be p interesting and funny imo

we're both white  :creepna2: but i know what u mean. yeah i guess he can be kinda try-hard edgy at times but i mainly like the beats and his voice and his lyrics can be p interesting and funny imo

OF could cease 2 exist and it would't effect my day 2 day life tbhh. have u listened to rich homie quan?