Sucker

ionnalee [iamamiwhoami]

Song and video are so perfect - I like that it's a new kind of visual for her, and nice to see some DIY set pieces again! It's giving me bounty/kin vibes, but outer space.

samaritan remains that bitch as far as her ionnalee stuff goes.  liking the new record's material tho-

as for her iamamiwhoami works, should one just watch all the videos in their upload order and listen to the albums as they come?  i enjoyed blue and planned on getting her others but don't quite know what to do regarding the youtube videos.

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I'll start this by saying that I'm a huge iamamiwhoami fan. Her first solo album, Everyone Afraid To Be Forgotten, was cute but the whole thing was so fabricated and it didn't felt sincere at all, and the awful movie that accompanied the project was enough for me to get a little frustrated with her. So I stepped back and didn't follow her as much during this era.

But this album... miss ionnalee fucking SNAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :defeated:

Y'all this new album is so so so so so so fucking good! It feels like a return to form. The production is amazing, the lyrics are amazing, her delivery is EVERYTHING, and the whole thing feels like something from iamamiwhoami/Jonna Lee. The album is very cohesive, with a very distinct sound, and while listening to it you can feel how the songs flow nicely together. 

You can also hear some glimpses of bounty in it, even though bounty was a lot more raw and "dirty" (?) while Remember The Future is more polished. It reminds me a lot of BLUE, which is to be expected since apparently a lot of the songs here are from Mouth of a River, but I'm not complaining. I've always wanted to listen to MOAR.

Anyway, the album is killer! My highlights are the singles (Open Sea and Some Body sound so much better within the context of the album, and Remember The Future sounds even better!), Crystal is a MASTERPIECE and Mysteries of Love is a work of art. It should've been the closing track tbh. Race Against and Islander are also amazing instrumental songs, it's so nice to see her serving great instrumentals like u-2 again  :toofunny: i love it.

BUY & STREAM REMEMBER THE FUTURE GIRLIES AND GAYS MISS JONNA LEE SNAPPED AND SHE DESERVES THE RECOGNITION  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'll start this by saying that I'm a huge iamamiwhoami fan. Her first solo album, Everyone Afraid To Be Forgotten, was cute but the whole thing was so fabricated and it didn't felt sincere at all, and the awful movie that accompanied the project was enough for me to get a little frustrated with her. So I stepped back and didn't follow her as much during this era.

But this album... miss ionnalee fucking SNAPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :defeated:

Y'all this new album is so so so so so so fucking good! It feels like a return to form. The production is amazing, the lyrics are amazing, her delivery is EVERYTHING, and the whole thing feels like something from iamamiwhoami/Jonna Lee. The album is very cohesive, with a very distinct sound, and while listening to it you can feel how the songs flow nicely together. 

You can also hear some glimpses of bounty in it, even though bounty was a lot more raw and "dirty" (?) while Remember The Future is more polished. It reminds me a lot of BLUE, which is to be expected since apparently a lot of the songs here are from Mouth of a River, but I'm not complaining. I've always wanted to listen to MOAR.

Anyway, the album is killer! My highlights are the singles (Open Sea and Some Body sound so much better within the context of the album, and Remember The Future sounds even better!), Crystal is a MASTERPIECE and Mysteries of Love is a work of art. It should've been the closing track tbh. Race Against and Islander are also amazing instrumental songs, it's so nice to see her serving great instrumentals like u-2 again  :toofunny: i love it.

BUY & STREAM REMEMBER THE FUTURE GIRLIES AND GAYS MISS JONNA LEE SNAPPED AND SHE DESERVES THE RECOGNITION  :defeated:

AGREE, this albumis miles better than her first one! sooooo good omg

Have you all been following the KRONOLOGI playlist celebrating 10 years of iamamiwhoami/ionnalee?

So far she has shared an early version of "shadowshow", an alternate mix of "u", an unreleased track "down by the lake", and just yesterday she shared a song called "telesvar" which is the phone song, aka "; john b"!

She'll continue sharing more of these until June 10.

How do you guys feel about KRONOLOGI?

I wish the would have added the iamamiwhoami remix of gone (a better polished version, please, the one out feels like a fanmade)

And that they would have also resurrected Like Hell (iamamiwhoami version).

Also some songs remain unreleased, mainly from the mouth of a river project.

Songs we're still missing (Besides Mouth of a River) : My Time (Keeping of Thoughts), Mirror mirror (Reflectance of the Pure and Simple), Watch me as I Go, and Avalanche...

Prelude 699130082.451322-5.4.21.3.1.20.9.15.14.1.12 & 15.6.6.9.3.9.14.1.18.21.13.56155 haven't been realized as full songs either.

BTW, did b or o instrumentals ever leak? They are the only ones we never got. We got full kin and BLUE.

And ioannalee's album instrumentals?

I enjoyed the album, like, a lot, but I would change a few things... I'd love to hear more songs from ''Mouth of a River'' project. Also, I don't like the new 'paramount' mix, which is very unnecessary, and I guess she re-mixed a lot of the songs there, like 'the deadlock' (and even 'dive'), so after all we still don't know their original versions. I wouldn't put 'dive' either.. And yes, I still want to hear the original version for 'chansing kites' and 'like hell'.

BTW, did b or o instrumentals ever leak? They are the only ones we never got. We got full kin and BLUE.

And ioannalee's album instrumentals?

We still don't have 'b' and 'o'. Some of the EATBF are around but most remain unleak and the only leak from RTF is the 'OPEN SEA' one.

7qhp.gif

Kronologi is cute but you can tell this project it's just a way for them to make some cash, which is fair considering our current situation. But nothing amazing or groundbreaking (although the version of u2 they gave us fucking SLAPS)

That being said... can Jonna just give up and come back with iam already? EATBF aged like milk and RTF is good, yes, but I still miss the iam vibes.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains