Sucker

ionnalee [iamamiwhoami]

Kronologi is pointless.

so is this comment.

:flutter: 

it wasn't pointless at all - it was a gift to the fans. they couldn't do the tour, so they did this instead. plenty of people absolutely loved it.

I enjoyed the album, like, a lot, but I would change a few things... I'd love to hear more songs from ''Mouth of a River'' project. Also, I don't like the new 'paramount' mix, which is very unnecessary, and I guess she re-mixed a lot of the songs there, like 'the deadlock' (and even 'dive'), so after all we still don't know their original versions. I wouldn't put 'dive' either.. And yes, I still want to hear the original version for 'chansing kites' and 'like hell'.

We still don't have 'b' and 'o'. Some of the EATBF are around but most remain unleak and the only leak from RTF is the 'OPEN SEA' one.

I wish they could delete our memories of their identities and still release iamamiwhoami stuff. Those days were amazing. Their production is ageless

I wish they could delete our memories of their identities and still release iamamiwhoami stuff. Those days were amazing. Their production is ageless

Very this. Everything they put out as iamamiwhoami sounds fresher than EATBF.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The song is out in like an hour I'm so nervous :crying4:

Spoiler

Also daily remainder that the lack of synths in Deadlock KRONOLOGI version (which are present in the concert in blue version) is a hate crime 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

48 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

My god, they are back, and back with a visual album !

I guess Kronology and the lockdown concert were signs but I didn't really expect them to be back as a band for a completely new full project. For me it was just Ionnalee's legacy, the solo project being the continuation of the first one with sparse contribution by claes.

I can't wait to hear the first song and enjoy the proper rollout of all of it.

It's here and it's beautiful :wowcry:

I'm obsessed. The song is on repeat for me.

I love how she let herself be emotional on this new chapter of the band. When Iamamiwhoami started, Johnna used to always sing in the high pitched voice to distinguish it from her performances from her previous solo work (and at first also not to be recognized). But now that she's been full circle with her solo work as Ionnalee that is a continuation from Iamamiwhoami, she allows herself to sing in her more natural voice.

To me it is as striking as first discovering Sever (oh this dreamy soundscape) but with more emotional songwriting and performance. I can't get over it. :hair: They are back and here to stay. 

13 minutes ago, Sis said:

Band? She's a band now? :lmao:

Well iamamiwhoam is Jonna Lee and Claes Bjërklund. Jonna made work under the ionnalee moniker when Claes was only sparsely collaborating.

That's really the only difference between the two project as ionnalee was pretty much a continuation of iamamiwhoami. We all know Jonna is the mastermind of both project but Claes input is still important especially in term of production. She said that ionnalee allowed her to get more personnal without any compromise so it definitly means that Claes contribute to any decision they make as iamamiwhoami.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:16 AM, saith said:

Well iamamiwhoam is Jonna Lee and Claes Bjërklund. Jonna made work under the ionnalee moniker when Claes was only sparsely collaborating.

That's really the only difference between the two project as ionnalee was pretty much a continuation of iamamiwhoami. We all know Jonna is the mastermind of both project but Claes input is still important especially in term of production. She said that ionnalee allowed her to get more personnal without any compromise so it definitly means that Claes contribute to any decision they make as iamamiwhoami.

he wasn't really "sparsely" collaborating at all - he produced and co-wrote most of the ionna stuff. the difference being it was just ionna's sole direction on what she wanted. iamamiwhoami is equal parts for both of them. 

3 hours ago, Life said:

he wasn't really "sparsely" collaborating at all - he produced and co-wrote most of the ionna stuff. the difference being it was just ionna's sole direction on what she wanted. iamamiwhoami is equal parts for both of them. 

You're right ! I just checked the credits for ionnalee's 2 albums and he's not sparsely collaborating but still less  :

• He did not contribute to any writing of the solo songs while he did on all the Iamamiwhoami ones (writing music but not lyrics tough)
  • He did only produce or co-produce few songs on Ionnalee (none on the first album), ionna did produce most of the rest on her own while on iamamiwhoami Claes did all the production (they do both on the new song)
  • He did contribute instruments and mixing in a lot of ionnalee songs (all on the first album)

So I guess we can conclude that the most definitive distinction between both project is that they write songs and make decisions together while everything begins with Jonna on the solo project. Also, I guess we can consider Iamamiwhoami as a fully audiovisual while on ionna it's not an obligation. 

As Claes is still very present on the solo project and both being a continuation of the other, the distinction is not very clear. Plus the press often forget to mention Claes when talking about iamamiwhoami so that makes it even more confusing. :oprah2:

On 4/2/2022 at 3:24 PM, Sis said:

Aren't they married or engaged or something, I think they even share a toilet every day. :usrs:

they used to be engaged a long time ago. she's in a relationship with John Strandh (the guy who helps to direct all the visuals).