Sign in to follow this  
CarcrashBandicoot

How would you react if Lana decided to create this?

What if after the Ultraviolence era, she decides to release all the leaked songs as a whole collection with the best quality, and then on a separate album, release a re-recorded version of all the leaked songs? 

How would you react?

Which one would you buy and why?

My response:
I personally would buy them both to have them all in my music collection. I wouldn't be surprised if she did do this, though. She said that she was disappointed with all of the leaks that have been happening, so perhaps she was planning on using the leaked songs in the future? I don't know, I just wanted to throw this idea out there... 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I think most of the songs she wrote in the past have nothing to do with who she wants to be right now and how she wants people to see her... Also, I personally prefer this whole LDR image she (they?) came up with right before BTD and I think it's better to leave those songs in the past.
Some exceptions there of course, a lot of songs are really album worthy.

s30v1s.jpg

The important thing about the leaks/unreleased, for me, is that they are an interesting trajectory/history for an artist I care about. So the songs are more like keepsakes than songs I've consumed like bubble gum. Doing both new releases along with retrospective (multi-volume) leak releases would be a best-case scenario for me.  I would also be quite happy if LDR brought out the May/Lizzy personas from time to time. Wouldn't you like to see Fordham Road or Go Go Dancer performed live? I don't think it diminishes LDR's current musical style to show off past styles.

I would be totally up for it, but I think she would have a different viewpoint. There's obviously a reason why she doesn't make songs like that anymore, she's moved on, both with her life and with her music style. 

However, I would give a leg for HQ Daytona Meth. 

4r9w86.jpg

The important thing about the leaks/unreleased, for me, is that they are an interesting trajectory/history for an artist I care about. (...)  I would also be quite happy if LDR brought out the May/Lizzy personas from time to time. Wouldn't you like to see Fordham Road or Go Go Dancer performed live? I don't think it diminishes LDR's current musical style to show off past styles.

Like you say: I think getting to know this road is mainly interesting for the ones that are really into her - also as a person. Her actual fans, the ones that want to know exactly where she comes from and what she's been through. I know for myself that if I wasn't so crazy about LDR, I wouldn't give a flying sh*t about most of the Lizzy Grant songs. 

I just think that releasing many of those songs under the name Lana Del Rey for the 'big public' wouldn't do her any good... (Note: not saying I don't like the songs. It just doesn't fit what she's been doing for the past two years.)

It would be great for the fans, but those are probably just a tiny part of the people who'd usually buy her music.

s30v1s.jpg

It probably wouldn't sell well and I think Lana is completely over that stuff. I mean, she said Ultraviolence made her forget Born to Die, I doubt she'd want to re-release songs from as early as 2005.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Like you say: I think getting to know this road is mainly interesting for the ones that are really into her - also as a person. Her actual fans, the ones that want to know exactly where she comes from and what she's been through. I know for myself that if I wasn't so crazy about LDR, I wouldn't give a flying sh*t about most of the Lizzy Grant songs. 

I just think that releasing many of those songs under the name Lana Del Rey for the 'big public' wouldn't do her any good... (Note: not saying I don't like the songs. It just doesn't fit what she's been doing for the past two years.)

It would be great for the fans, but those are probably just a tiny part of the people who'd usually buy her music.

This is exactly what I think, too. I heard her song 'Aviation' and she mentions Pensacola, which is the city I live in and grew up in, so I wonder if she moved here briefly, found a "daddy" and he took her to Los Vegas, then to Cali. That's one of the questions I have for her.

I've sat down and listened to every leak to find out who owned the Blue Chevy Nova, which from my understanding was Jimmy Gnecco (Jimmy pulled up in his blue Chevy Nova). I wanna know who went to prison, holding his pillow tight. I wanna know so much about her past that we'll never really know. I mean, what the hell is the WillyB Crew? 

That's why I'd love to hear her re-record the songs, just for the fans and not just to gain random people primarily like most albums try to do. I mean, as her true fans, we wanna know everything we can about her. Who gives two flying fucks what the critics say? Her fan base is huge, but at the same time, it's not radio-big enough. The only songs I heard of hers on the radio was SS which wasn't even the original, it was a remix, and Y/B. 

Anyway, point is, I think it would be a cool thing for her to do as a ten-year thank you to all her fans. Something to tell us she appreciates us.

It probably wouldn't sell well and I think Lana is completely over that stuff. I mean, she said Ultraviolence made her forget Born to Die, I doubt she'd want to re-release songs from as early as 2005.

She could have it released under her past stage names. That'd be pretty dope. I mean, it'd be nice since most of us like to hear the leaks. Hell, I listen to the leaks more than I do BTD.

Ultraviolence made her forget Born to Die and Video Games made her forget six years and hundreds of songs she'd written before it :sadcore5:

i personally thought when she said that, that she was referring to the album with Black beauty and AFFA on it. Like that she loved Ultra so much that she was able to move on from that project by falling in love with something completely different

I think it's possible one day (not very soon, though) she will re-release her older stuff, especially Sirens and LDRAKALG. Not right now because, as you said, she'd rather keep her pre-fame works away from everyone but one's views change with passing time and on day she may wish to show them to the world, even if they do not relate to her life anymore - like Emilie Autumn who re-released Enchant in her early Opheliac era. Lest Lana changes her mind, I'm OK with her preference of not releasing her bygones.

I also think if LDRAKALG were re-released, there would be at least a slight chance people would aprove it, despite of what you say. It'd be a nice surprise and I'd get my faith in humanity again. Absolutely no taking anything for granted but people can surprise you, in France Mylène Farmer at the beginning of her career would record dark gothic stuff about death and sadness, as a mainstream musician o_O . Would be harder with Sirens, though. I guess people, except her fans, would not be interested at all as you gotta know Lizzy's life to enjoy it .__. .

But! I was to answer the question... Of course I'd buy them both if I had such a possibility. If you can choose only one, I'd probably go for the orginal versions as I guess I'd prefer them than the newer ones - the way I do with "Yayo" versions.

And the wind I know it’s cold