Sign in to follow this  
CarcrashBandicoot

How would you react if Lana decided to create this?

Guest Dot

@@SitarHero BTW, Mr. Emoticon Manager, I need a unicorn's head emote for every time someone posts about some wishful hypothetical that will never happen. Either that or @@Ultraviolence's avatar.

Do What You Want with my AVI...

Ultraviolence made her forget Born to Die and Video Games made her forget six years and hundreds of songs she'd written before it :sadcore5:

lel

"it's so beautiful it made me forgot of the previous record"

idk , the 'beautiful' makes me think there are going to be sadcore tracks rather than EDM music :pray2:

Edit , what was i thinking , this is offtopic.

ljZXOe0.jpg

lel

"it's so beautiful it made me forgot of the previous record"

idk , the 'beautiful' makes me think there are going to be sadcore tracks rather than EDM music :pray2:

Edit , what was i thinking , this is offtopic.

:lmao:  What would make you think Lana goes for the EDM direction? :lmao:

Things with a rock edge are closer to her, but at this point we can only hope... :ohno:

I think it's possible one day (not very soon, though) she will re-release her older stuff, especially Sirens and LDRAKALG. Not right now because, as you said, she'd rather keep her pre-fame works away from everyone but one's views change with passing time and on day she may wish to show them to the world, even if they do not relate to her life anymore - like Emilie Autumn who re-released Enchant in her early Opheliac era. Lest Lana changes her mind, I'm OK with her preference of not releasing her bygones.

I also think if LDRAKALG were re-released, there would be at least a slight chance people would aprove it, despite of what you say. It'd be a nice surprise and I'd get my faith in humanity again. Absolutely no taking anything for granted but people can surprise you, in France Mylène Farmer at the beginning of her career would record dark gothic stuff about death and sadness, as a mainstream musician o_O . Would be harder with Sirens, though. I guess people, except her fans, would not be interested at all as you gotta know Lizzy's life to enjoy it .__. .

But! I was to answer the question... Of course I'd buy them both if I had such a possibility. If you can choose only one, I'd probably go for the orginal versions as I guess I'd prefer them than the newer ones - the way I do with "Yayo" versions.

I'm looking for people to be serious like this person ^^

If you wanna point out that it's wishful thinking twenty times, then you don't have to post. We get it.

I'm saying, what if she were to do this after 10 or 15 years after BTD, when her music isn't as relevant as it is today.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

An album with all of her unreleased songs wouldn't be as great of an idea as some of you may think. I think it would be awesome if she released some of those songs in the future, just not all at once on one album. Also, I want new music

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Guest Dot

I think sonically this album will be rock-influenced. Similar to the live version of Body Electric or the rock version of Yayo, but fused with orchestral and alternative hip-hop elements. Maybe add a little retro-vibe resembling The Doors or The Smiths or Nirvana and there you have it. ULTRAVIOLENCE

Mh...I also think there's a high chance of Heart-Shaped Box being included, if that's what UV is going to sound like.

An album with all of her unreleased songs wouldn't be as great of an idea as some of you may think. I think it would be awesome if she released some of those songs in the future, just not all at once on one album. Also, I want new music

I disagree. If i could get a CD with perfect quality tunes like Never Let You Go, Hundred Dollar Bill, Dangerous Girl, Damn You (the good one), etc etc etc... i'd fucking love that. 

I wish that she would at least slip new versions of AKA songs like The Birthday Massacre has done with Nothing and Nowhere.

Also, it would be amazing if she at least released an album with re-recorded versions of her best leaked/unreleased songs...

i am nothing and should be everything

I had a theory that I proposed in the thread for UV pertaining to this.

With roughly 200+ unreleased tracks, I don't know how there weren't more albums. A lot of artists in my library that have that large of a roster have released them in albums. What's more, an easy 85-90% of them are pure gems, finished or not. And they have gotten a lot of exposure, too; a good deal of Lana fans I've encountered, while not knowing a lot of the songs, do make mention of a handful of unreleased tracks. If I remember from one of the interviews where the interviewer mentions "Puppy Love," I think it's apparent that Lana acknowledges that they appealed to many fans.

So I don't think we've seen the last of them in Lana's discography. I do think that there are tracks and concepts that she's done where, while they may not have gotten EPs or a slot in a roster for an album, I feel Lana's just been biding her time for the right opportunity to combine them into the right project.

There are definitely some unreleased songs that Lana loves too, too much to let them collect dust.