Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

How soon do people with Gold VIP Packages get into the venue? Do they enter before Silver VIP?

I suppose that depends on the venue, but most likely, yes. They did at our venue, at least. But Gold VIP ticket holders had assigned seats, so they got to go in early and sit around... not sure what the point of it was, really. :)  There may have been other perks that I'm not aware of, since I didn't have Gold VIP.  I thought I heard that they get food brought over to them, too (foo was presumably included in the price, too).  At my venue, one of the security guards came by around 11 AM or noon looking for Gold VIP people.  It wasn't Natalie or anyone else from Live Nation.  But that could be different for you; I have no idea. :)

Whoops, forgot part of my answer. :)  When us Silver VIP people were taken inside the parking lot area to wait outside the gate, the Gold VIP people were already there.  They went in the gates about an hour before we did.  What happened after that, though, I have no idea.

Good question. You don't have to literally hold on to the rail of the barracade. You can just stand hands free but holding on is more comfortable. When she comes down to the front, you can lean your body against the barracade (its very sturdy) and you can reach out to her. Its actually quite easy. As far as the merchandise, one show I went to, they didnt let us put our stuff in our cars so most of put the bag around our neck, others held it. It wasnt bad. The other show I went to - they gave us time to take our merch back to the car and get back in line by our number. You'll be fine. Get there early!!!!!

Do the Gold VIP Package owners need to arrive early and wait in line? Sorry, but I'm not a frequent concert attendee, and this is all new to me, but very excited!!!!

I suppose that depends on the venue, but most likely, yes. They did at our venue, at least. But Gold VIP ticket holders had assigned seats, so they got to go in early and sit around... not sure what the point of it was, really. :)  There may have been other perks that I'm not aware of, since I didn't have Gold VIP.  I thought I heard that they get food brought over to them, too (foo was presumably included in the price, too).  At my venue, one of the security guards came by around 11 AM or noon looking for Gold VIP people.  It wasn't Natalie or anyone else from Live Nation.  But that could be different for you; I have no idea. :)

Whoops, forgot part of my answer. :)  When us Silver VIP people were taken inside the parking lot area to wait outside the gate, the Gold VIP people were already there.  They went in the gates about an hour before we did.  What happened after that, though, I have no idea.

Thank you, my friend and I have Gold but we also have VIP Pit...long story, but Live Nation told me we could use our Pit tickets instead of the assigned seats which is great!! So excited and can't wait, we're going to the Atlanta concert. We went to the Dallas concert, but bad weather was in the area for days and they're still having flood problems from what I understand. 

Also, they said our parking pass is included, but we can't get our things or package until the day of the concert, I had already purchased a VIP parking pass but I hope they give us enough time to pick up these things and enter when Gold package holders are supposed to. 

Thank you, my friend and I have Gold but we also have VIP Pit...long story, but Live Nation told me we could use our Pit tickets instead of the assigned seats which is great!!

Wow... that's quite a deal!  If that holds true, then you're in a pretty unique situation and you should get first entry into the Pit and get an ideal spot!  (I'd suggest right at the bottom of the stairs where Lana comes down off the stage... best shot at a selfie!!)  Good luck! :)

Wow... that's quite a deal!  If that holds true, then you're in a pretty unique situation and you should get first entry into the Pit and get an ideal spot!  (I'd suggest right at the bottom of the stairs where Lana comes down off the stage... best shot at a selfie!!)  Good luck! :)

Thank you!!! Our Pit experience in Dallas taught me that if I'm going to be in the Pit, may as well get early entry ha! Someone said we may get to listen to sound checks, not sure, but that would be exciting. 

What is included in the gift bag, if you don't mind me asking? And you said Security came around 11:00/noon...do we need to get there that early? Even though Dallas didn't go as planned, we were refunded, and partied like Rock Stars!! LOL!!!

like Roc11227400_10206570614014894_7257056662841k Stars LOL!! 

Thank you!!! Our Pit experience in Dallas taught me that if I'm going to be in the Pit, may as well get early entry ha! Someone said we may get to listen to sound checks, not sure, but that would be exciting. 

What is included in the gift bag, if you don't mind me asking? And you said Security came around 11:00/noon...do we need to get there that early?

The sound checks at my venue were pretty early in the day.  We could hear them from outside, but they were done before even the gold VIP people got in.

The gift bag itself was a black bag with the Endless Summer tour picture on it, and it said "Lana Del Rey" above.  It also had, for lack of a better description, a roughly 3'x3' banner inside that also says "Lana Del Rey" and has the Endless Summer tour picture.  I tried to take a picture and post it, but the forum won't let me. :-/

I'm not 100% sure about the timing for Gold VIP.  Your best bet might be to start a new thread to see if anyone else here has done the Gold VIP to see what they did.  I'd imagine that you could arrive around 4:00 and ask one of the security people where the Gold VIP people line up.  Natalie will be around there somewhere and will make sure you get your wristband.  Also, a couple of days before the show, you'll get an e-mail from Live Nation which will include Natalie's cell number.  You can call or text her if you're unsure (but only the day of, as specified in the e-mail you'll get).

The sound checks at my venue were pretty early in the day.  We could hear them from outside, but they were done before even the gold VIP people got in.

The gift bag itself was a black bag with the Endless Summer tour picture on it, and it said "Lana Del Rey" above.  It also had, for lack of a better description, a roughly 3'x3' banner inside that also says "Lana Del Rey" and has the Endless Summer tour picture.  I tried to take a picture and post it, but the forum won't let me. :-/

I'm not 100% sure about the timing for Gold VIP.  Your best bet might be to start a new thread to see if anyone else here has done the Gold VIP to see what they did.  I'd imagine that you could arrive around 4:00 and ask one of the security people where the Gold VIP people line up.  Natalie will be around there somewhere and will make sure you get your wristband.  Also, a couple of days before the show, you'll get an e-mail from Live Nation which will include Natalie's cell number.  You can call or text her if you're unsure (but only the day of, as specified in the e-mail you'll get).

Thank you so much!!! You're information and responses are greatly appreciated. 

How do I start a thread? I'm sorry...just new to this.

So I'm gonna go to my first concert EVER and it's gonna be Lana performing in Moscow. Just wanted to know if you guys have any tips and what to look out for (aka crowds, timing or anything else fun)

Thank you!!

2dv4k7o.jpg

If you're going to be in the pit, bring LOTS of water bottles (I usually bring 2-5 depending on how many people I have with me) and dress light or in layers that are easy to remove & that you wouldn't mind risking to not see ever again. It gets reeaally hot in the pit, so you're not going to want any heavy clothing and it's important to stay hydrated. If it's cold while waiting out, I usually bring a light sweater to wear until it's too hot, and then I'll take it off and tie it around me. Sometimes it'll fall off and get lost in the crowd, so don't bring anything you love. I really can't stress the water thing enough though - I've known so many people to faint because of heat exhaustion or dehydration, including myself at my second Lana show. I'll bring a drawstring bag and throw some bottles in there as well as some snacks (you don't want to lose your spot in the pit between waiting for acts if you're hungry since this is a festival) & having a portable phone charger can be a real life saver. Also, make sure to wear close-toed shoes, because people will stomp you to hell in there.

I hope you have a good time and update us on how it goes! xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

please post your vids (even crappy ones), and your thoughts on the concert.. this aint 2013/14 anymore, and the times are a changing..

will be interesting to hear reviews from conert goers of this summers festivals.. 

yes of course  :kiss:

2dv4k7o.jpg

You also wanna get there SUPER early if you wanna take a pic w/ her. I went to the Atlantic City show 4 hours early and was still the 4th row. Get there at least 8 hours early if you wanna be first seat. Don't take crap from anyone trying to cut in front on line of you, people will try to do that. And it will get hot, so bring a Chinese fan or something like that. 

Not sure if this is the right section or if this thread is not necessary, but this tour I have my first 2 Lana shows.

I am seated in Dallas, super close to the stage so that is good.

Two days later I am GA in Houston, and I am quite nervous. What should I expect? I don’t need to be at the barricade but I would like to be sort of close, I am a tall guy so I wouldn’t mind being a few rows back, are people mean and shovey?

I really just don’t know what to expect, any information is appreciated.

Much love

- Jackson