Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Which Lana songs do you get stoned to?

i can't believe we're having this stupid off-topic debate about weed on a lana forum, but you're so off bounds with this. if you have a family history/some other risk factor(s) of schizophrenia, then YES, smoking weed it a really bad idea! but it doesn't just cause psychosis out of nowhere. do your research.

Sorry, I know this is really off topic, but having a family history of schizophrenia only increases your chances of developing psychosis. Just because your family doesn't have a history of it, doesn't mean it can't happen to you. I learned about this in my psychology class, but I found an article if you want to read about it:

http://m.livescience.com/17707-marijuana-thc-brain-psychosis.html

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

Sorry, I know this is really off topic, but having a family history of schizophrenia only increases your chances of developing psychosis. Just because your family doesn't have a history of it, doesn't mean it can't happen to you. I learned about this in my psychology class, but I found an article if you want to read about it:

http://m.livescience.com/17707-marijuana-thc-brain-psychosis.html

Yeah and I found another source that says the opposite: http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/12/10/harvard-marijuana-doesnt-cause-schizophrenia/63148.html

So don't go claiming things that aren't definitively true. 

a  -  m  -  e  -  r  -  i  -  c  -  a    /    all i wanna do is   p  l  a  y

Yeah and I found another source that says the opposite: http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/12/10/harvard-marijuana-doesnt-cause-schizophrenia/63148.html

So don't go claiming things that aren't definitively true.

Interesting study, although I wasn't claiming that marijuana causing schizophrenia. I was saying that it may cause psychosis, which is similar to schizophrenia but it's not a disorder; it's a symptom you experience.

edit: I'm pretty sure we are annoying people on the forum, so if you have a response just message me and we will discuss this further.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

Actually participating in on-topic discussion because what could be a light-hearted exchange of must-listens for funtimes turned into a debate that could have been discussed in a different topic instead of taking up four pages in a topic that has a right in itself to be open for its own discussion.

And take "funtimes" in whatever context constitutes as a high for you, I'm sure we know what it's like to be high on life from time to time, when you wake up and some days are just so...different and invigorating and you go outside after sleeping all night (or being wide awake all night, too) and catch that feeling of the sun hitting your face, and I could go on—but yeah, I know what James meant, and I get not everyone's gung-ho about it so fine, I will make up for the lack of on-topic participation, I have a long enough set so that way peeps can wring out and sit their wet-blanket selves in the dryer for a few cycles.

It's a joke. I respect everyone's opinions, I don't agree with all of them, but I at least respect them, but for fuck's sake.

High-ya, Honey:
Back to tha Basics
Methamphetamines
Oh, Say, Can You See...
Aviation
Pawn Shop Blues
Smarty
Starry Eyed
Trash Magic
You Can Be The Boss
The Man I Love
Afraid
Hollywood's Dead
For K [PT. 2]

Hundred Dollar Bill [Demo]
TVB&W
Daytona Meth
Diet Mtn Dew [Demo]
Stoplight De-Lite
All Smiles
Goodbye Kiss

Get Drunk
Jimmy Gnecco [Necco? I still don't know which to use.]
I Don't Wanna Go
Last Girl on Earth
Noir
National Anthem [NEXUS DEMO]
Velvet Crowbar
TOSTB
You're Gonna Love Me

Every Man Gets His Wish
Junky Pride
You Mister
How Do You Know Me So Well?
Try Tonight
Fordham Road
Dynamite
Elvis
More Mountains
Kill, Kill
Jump
Put Me in a Movie
Yayo
Chelsea Hotel No. 2
Summer Wine

A Star for Nick
Fake Diamond
Is It Wrong?
Birds of a Feather
Move
Go-Go Dancer
Boarding School
AFFA
American
Radio
Blue Velvet
TNTBSA
[Take Me To] Paris

ADDY
Video Games
Black Beauty
Daddy Issues
Hollywood
NLMG
Dark Paradise [DEMO]
YBIATR
You & Me
Us Against the World

No particular order, no particular theme or mood, it's just whatever I want to fill my ears at that particular moment, but those are arguably probably my most frequent listens when I have some funtimes with Lana.

i can't believe we're having this stupid off-topic debate about weed on a lana forum, but you're so off bounds with this. if you have a family history/some other risk factor(s) of schizophrenia, then YES, smoking weed it a really bad idea! but it doesn't just cause psychosis out of nowhere. do your research.

THANK YOU ♥ Finally someone who uses the internet to research rather than making faulty assumptions based on their own opinions about weed.

I just don't get why people are on this topic if they hate weed so much. Let us people who are not against it talk about it and the ones who don't like it can easily go to another topic. No ones forcing you.

Was this in response to my post? Because I never said anything against doing drugs but against drug culture. I don't care if you drink, smoke weed, do acid, smoke meth, do heroin or whatever you feel like, I just don't like it when people feel the need to tell everyone about it and feel so cool about it. I also think it's a bit odd how so many pot smokers feel so superior to people who do other, harder drugs but don't try to convince everyone around them that what they're doing is healthy and good and should be legalized.

:worship:

:worship:

Stfu this thread was supposed to be closed we don't need more bullshit on this site. We all have different opinions and we should keep them locked up because no one wants to here them so whoever closes stuff, PLEASE I BEG OF YOU CLOSE THIS THREAD BEFORE I KMS

Stfu this thread was supposed to be closed we don't need more bullshit on this site. We all have different opinions and we should keep them locked up because no one wants to here them so whoever closes stuff, PLEASE I BEG OF YOU CLOSE THIS THREAD BEFORE I KMS

I didn't say anything offensive, I smoked pot multiple times so I have nothing against it and I don't care if someone's an addict, etc. But I agree with lola that some people glamourize marijuana too much and can't stop bragging about their addiction. I'm not talking about you and I don't have a problem with this thread, I just think that it's weird that many people think that weed automatically makes them cooler and they need to share everytime that they're potheads. So calm down :)

Weed isn't cool? Like I said in one of my posts, sobriety is the coolest! I don't think people are trying to make weed look glamorous, but just for people to be aware we aren't people in back alleys doing it all the time looking for a fix. I know some people who are amazing artists and work as artists for a living, and sometimes when they need extra inspiration, they get high. It can be used in a positive! Most people who have cancer and are getting chemotherapy use marijuana and that stops them from nausea and vomiting. People who suffer from Multiple sclerosis use it to relieve them of spasticity. It's an alternative to alcohol if you want something cheaper and don't want the hangover the next day. Most people on here are still going to say "oh but it's bad" everything in life can be considered bad if you consume too much, and what does that depend on? Personality. If someone has a dependent personality they can be hooked on ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING. So to blame something for making you an addict is ridiculous. That's like saying the gun made me kill a person. But my general point I want to show everyone is that everyone has a vice. Many people will try and deny it, but we're all human. I don't understand how a substance that makes people peaceful and hungry is so bad. You have it sometimes, you sober up other times, exactly like alcohol. I can go to a club and say I never want to leave, but I do. You can do anything in this world is you have no self control, and it's hard. It's hard to learn how to control cravings but that's life. You can choose to take a load off and relax with a plant, or you can take a bubble bath, whichever you choose should not be the business of others. What I think this whole thread is about what music do you like to get high to. If someone wrote "What music do you like to get drunk to" everyone would love it! Oh they'd love to all join in and act as if drinking a human made substance that shuts down your body slowly is normal. That's probably what society taught them and they can't make a mind of their own. So, please, can we either get back to the topic of what Lana songs are good to get high to, or can we shut this down?

Weed isn't cool? Like I said in one of my posts, sobriety is the coolest! I don't think people are trying to make weed look glamorous, but just for people to be aware we aren't people in back alleys doing it all the time looking for a fix. I know some people who are amazing artists and work as artists for a living, and sometimes when they need extra inspiration, they get high. It can be used in a positive! Most people who have cancer and are getting chemotherapy use marijuana and that stops them from nausea and vomiting. People who suffer from Multiple sclerosis use it to relieve them of spasticity. It's an alternative to alcohol if you want something cheaper and don't want the hangover the next day. Most people on here are still going to say "oh but it's bad" everything in life can be considered bad if you consume too much, and what does that depend on? Personality. If someone has a dependent personality they can be hooked on ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING. So to blame something for making you an addict is ridiculous. That's like saying the gun made me kill a person. But my general point I want to show everyone is that everyone has a vice. Many people will try and deny it, but we're all human. I don't understand how a substance that makes people peaceful and hungry is so bad. You have it sometimes, you sober up other times, exactly like alcohol. I can go to a club and say I never want to leave, but I do. You can do anything in this world is you have no self control, and it's hard. It's hard to learn how to control cravings but that's life. You can choose to take a load off and relax with a plant, or you can take a bubble bath, whichever you choose should not be the business of others. What I think this whole thread is about what music do you like to get high to. If someone wrote "What music do you like to get drunk to" everyone would love it! Oh they'd love to all join in and act as if drinking a human made substance that shuts down your body slowly is normal. That's probably what society taught them and they can't make a mind of their own. So, please, can we either get back to the topic of what Lana songs are good to get high to, or can we shut this down?

Trust me, there are many people who smoke weed and always brag about it. A lot of people in my country thinks that just because they smoke weed, they're wiser and cooler than sober people. Again, their habit is not a problem, their attitude is.

Trust me, there are many people who smoke weed and always brag about it. A lot of people in my country thinks that just because they smoke weed, they're wiser and cooler than sober people. Again, their habit is not a problem, their attitude is.

Whoever thinks it's cool is a fucking idiot. It's not cool. Nothing that alters your sobriety is cool (even alcohol)

:godlaugh2:

Or you guys could be less reactionary?