National Anthem

ALLIE X

Shes trying hard not to be send back to canada and sing in career pugatory in an indie band thall never be relevant

Me debating whether or not i should be a noble scientist in academia or make bank working for Monsanto or the oil and gas industry

I would scream and run away tbh

I stan Heavy Metal Heart the best song from NTMT now

SO EXCITED TO WHEN SHE DROPS VINTAGE\TRUE LOVE IS VIOLENT AND THEN THE GIFS WILL COME WITH "MISBELIEVING" "ALEXANDRA" n

i personally think Cure will be reused for TLIV, i would give anything for a gif using the misbelieving single cover tho

also i thought HMH's name was Heavy Metal Lover and was about to ask you why you were dissing gagas track fdgjlkdfhgfdh

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

found this on r/popheadscirclejerk and i feel the need to share as it is Lanaboards

i at least THINK this is allie but who knows i am blind

anyways - when do you guys think the music video is coming out?  my guess is within the next week or two but i wouldn't know when

i just want to say before i quote this that your edits are hilarious thank you for them

Alright so going way back to clxI, Good is definitely about suicide, right?

i didn't read it that way personally but i can see how you'd read it like that.  i don't think it has an official explanation though, does it?

honestly i read it as someone who's like run away from home.  allie said it was about "self-exile".  the only reason i don't read it as suicide-themed is because she also mentioned the "small flicker of hope" which i personally take as like "wanting to hold onto life" rather than giving in.  definitely has dark feelings though.

(and that's not to say your interpretation isn't correct, its all subjective obviously)

LMAO @Stargirl ha impact! First it was The Little Gay on The Moon and now this. :thumb3:

it's so sad because I saw the book Le Petit Prince the other day and all I could think about was the Little Gay on the Moon 

When will Troye star in the movie 

also i have to find the edit on my computer x.x but i will add it back to my sig lolol 

i just want to say before i quote this that your edits are hilarious thank you for them

i didn't read it that way personally but i can see how you'd read it like that.  i don't think it has an official explanation though, does it?

honestly i read it as someone who's like run away from home.  allie said it was about "self-exile".  the only reason i don't read it as suicide-themed is because she also mentioned the "small flicker of hope" which i personally take as like "wanting to hold onto life" rather than giving in.  definitely has dark feelings though.

(and that's not to say your interpretation isn't correct, its all subjective obviously)

Yeah, she's talked about it and I would definitely go with her interpretation, but I think there are definitely "death" undertones regardless, even if it doesn't equate to actual suicide. It sort of sounds like a destruction or death of a former self, which Allie has emphasized about her own life concerning her own past. More than just a reinvention, but erasing their previous self entirely, so that they're virtually dead (no Taylor Swift jokes plsssssssssss :>) 

it's so sad because I saw the book Le Petit Prince the other day and all I could think about was the Little Gay on the Moon 

When will Troye star in the movie 

also i have to find the edit on my computer x.x but i will add it back to my sig lolol 

Yeah, she's talked about it and I would definitely go with her interpretation, but I think there are definitely "death" undertones regardless, even if it doesn't equate to actual suicide. It sort of sounds like a destruction or death of a former self, which Allie has emphasized about her own life concerning her own past. More than just a reinvention, but erasing their previous self entirely, so that they're virtually dead (no Taylor Swift jokes plsssssssssss :>) 

let me get this out of the way

also i used to have the image on my computer but that was like, several laptops ago so good luck in finding it

if anything i take it as like "death of the old me" rather than direct suicide but i definitely get what you mean.  "erasing their previous self" reminds me of how she tries to cover up her previous stage names

let me get this out of the way

also i used to have the image on my computer but that was like, several laptops ago so good luck in finding it

if anything i take it as like "death of the old me" rather than direct suicide but i definitely get what you mean.  "erasing their previous self" reminds me of how she tries to cover up her previous stage names

I still wonder what happened in her old life that makes her loathe it so much. She didn't seem that bad before. Just a quirky, talented girl. She also talks a lot about something happening to her at like, 13 or something, that caused her to end up in the hospital a lot and affected her health and the way she saw her body. Sis has been through... some shit

I still wonder what happened in her old life that makes her loathe it so much. She didn't seem that bad before. Just a quirky, talented girl. She also talks a lot about something happening to her at like, 13 or something, that caused her to end up in the hospital a lot and affected her health and the way she saw her body. Sis has been through... some shit

considering the doctor theme in collxtion i, the story of x video, and her current diet, i think it's within reason to make the assumption that i don't think i have to say

then again, she seemed a lot different back in the days of allie hughes (like idk she reads completely different to me back when she was on canadian tv as just "allie" or the pre-x days) .  was she always struggling with this or has it been slowly getting worse over time?

considering the doctor theme in collxtion i, the story of x video, and her current diet, i think it's within reason to make the assumption that i don't think i have to say

then again, she seemed a lot different back in the days of allie hughes (like idk she reads completely different to me back when she was on canadian tv as just "allie" or the pre-x days) .  was she always struggling with this or has it been slowly getting worse over time?

... yup, I feel you. She definitely seemed different. And from my personal experience, it doesn't always affect your outward behavior. And it could have very well started as something different-- I think that the time when she was living alone in an apartment making music before she went to LA might have catalyzed some of her darker thoughts. But she was definitely struggling before, since she's spoken about having problems with drinking.

I also worry about her interactions with others and how she really talks often about abuse, although I've said before that a lot of it sounds personal and not like domestic violence, but she has stated in an Q&A that Downtown was written about a time where she (paraphrase) "wanted to be mistreated". 

I don't know. As she gets more popular, despite it betraying her image, I sort of wish she'd be more open. But I think the issue is that she might still be struggling with things. I think she's trying to convey some of the pain she's felt and is feeling through things like The Story of X, because she constantly mentions that it's autobiographical despite being abstract and if you've ever "been there", you know exactly what she's talking about. Which is really, really sad. I don't think some of her stans actually deeply relate to some of the stuff in her music, but they're under no obligation to do so, so it's fine. 

... yup, I feel you. She definitely seemed different. And from my personal experience, it doesn't always affect your outward behavior. And it could have very well started as something different-- I think that the time when she was living alone in an apartment making music before she went to LA might have catalyzed some of her darker thoughts. But she was definitely struggling before, since she's spoken about having problems with drinking.

I also worry about her interactions with others and how she really talks often about abuse, although I've said before that a lot of it sounds personal and not like domestic violence, but she has stated in an Q&A that Downtown was written about a time where she (paraphrase) "wanted to be mistreated". 

I don't know. As she gets more popular, despite it betraying her image, I sort of wish she'd be more open. But I think the issue is that she might still be struggling with things. I think she's trying to convey some of the pain she's felt and is feeling through things like The Story of X, because she constantly mentions that it's autobiographical despite being abstract and if you've ever "been there", you know exactly what she's talking about. Which is really, really sad. I don't think some of her stans actually deeply relate to some of the stuff in her music, but they're under no obligation to do so, so it's fine. 

tbh i completely understand her lack of being open despite very blatantly talking about some topics and things that she would need to be open with.  i honestly think part of the reason she toned down the x factor (hehe bad pun) was because she knows that stuff doesnt work in mainstream unless it can be passed off as some sort of weird kink (downtown to me has always read more like "degrader/degradee" kinks rather than actual emotional abuse but i dont know im not allie) okay after reviewing the lyrics again i kinda feel it is about emotional abuse but imo its vague enough that you can get away with passing off as a weird phase.  its still fucked up regardless!