lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

Lana probably got sick of everyone fucking up all the lyrics.

I think both versions are fantastic, they just are kinda hard to fairly compare when they bring out totally different elements of the same song. Honestly, I feel like if the original and the new one were molded together, it would be really fucking sick. If I had the new one, I'd so fuck around with it. Maybe the album version will do that.

Not here for mp3 sharing... :toofunny:

Anyway, Interscope is either doing something brilliant with WC (the changes on itunes which I don't understand), or (more probably) they just killing the song with their incompetence (again)

My only complaint about the new version is that they tonned down the high pitch sound near the end. The final chorus with that sick noise resumed the whole song to me: romantic but also tragic and dark, and that was what made it stood up...

WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DO THAT? :defeated:

That is the EXACT thing I thought. I LOVE that part. It got me up.

So which version will be used for the video then?...I guess that one is likely to be the album version as well. We'll see, hopefully soon.
In general I can't wait for the video's release! I hope that she won't recitate any poems like she did in Tropico, a short monologue would be fine imo but I'm also happy with just the song. Aside from that I'm really curious about the "storyline" (if there's actually one) and if we'll learn more about that cuban guy. Still asking myself if Soileau is really representing him but well, he's as much cuban as Lana I guess, so it would match in a weird way. :agree:

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Guys the West Coast video should be coming soon! Like tomorrow or this weekend soon! Vevo has a list of vevo premiers for this week , which I believe is in order from 'Soonest - Latest' - if that's the case the video before Lana's was released like 21 hours ago (Call Me - St Paul & the broke) and next to be released is west coast! I'm so excited

Sometimes iTunes has tracks listed as 'Mastered for iTunes' where songs are mixed differently so it still sounds good when it's played at lower bit rates (256kbps M4A compared to lossless 1400kbps+ CD). Idk if this is the equivalent of that and the album will still have the dark murky vocals or if the label is going to re mix every song to clear up the vocals due to /some/ complaints that she sounded like she was 'mumbling'.