lflflflflflflflflflf

SINGLE: West Coast

I don't think it's misleading.

More like opening up her sound to a different audience.

Just like the remix of SS did.

Only thing is that the SS Remix was a remix by a DJ whereas the WC radio mix is a remix that she recorded separate vocals for and a mix done by her label

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

since the UV thread has been (rightfully) locked, I thought I'd just post this article here, where it says that Lana recorded UV in two weeks!

I saw that as well. It was interesting to hear they were butting heads before the actual recording began, then once they heard it they were both dancing to it lol. If the rest of the album is anything like West Coast, I think it will be spectacular! :D

Tbh. I am not a fan of one-take recordings. As much as I like American, that could have been mastered better. Wasn't that, along with several others, a one-take? 

I think she meant the vocals only were done in one take.

I think if I remember correctly, this album wasn't recorded in a traditional manner, per say. Instead of all the instruments/vocals being recorded separately then put together, the songs are actually performed in a studio "live." So the songs are actually one take live performances, just not in front of an audience. This might give Ultraviolence an even more unique sound.

I'm excited that these were done in a single take. I remember Dan saying "special" moments happened that cannot be recreated. I'm interested to hear those "moments."

Mic check one two, two, two 

Get it Girl               At least that's one moment we have by far

I think if I remember correctly, this album wasn't recorded in a traditional manner, per say. Instead of all the instruments/vocals being recorded separately then put together, the songs are actually performed in a studio "live." So the songs are actually one take live performances, just not in front of an audience. This might give Ultraviolence an even more unique sound.

That's how Madonna's Like A Prayer album was recorded, and in two weeks. That album is fucking epic, so I'm hoping for something similar here.