Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Dan Auerbach Talks 'Ultraviolence'

I listened to all of The Black Keys new album, Turn Blue, and it is so fricking good. The production quality is amazing. I can't wait to hear Dan's work on Ultraviolence.

ikr, its a great album.

on her wanting control over the album "I'm sure it's hard to be a woman in the music business"

standard male response to a statement like that tbh

Maybe it's because she's the only one that knows what direction she wants to take

BzhmW.png

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dan-auerbach-on-working-with-lana-del-rey-it-was-amazing-20140507

She sang live with a seven-piece band. That's the whole record – a seven-piece band with her singing live. It was crazy.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Her demos were so good, her songs were so strong that I wanted to get my musicians in who I love and get my sound that I get here with her songs and that's it. I didn't want to mess it up.

:oprah:

Yay! I'm gaining faith in this era again! I just pray her management don't mess anything up again!

Maybe they will accidentally leak everything lol

Just upload the "wrong" (demo) version of the songs somewhere and then we get the rest when the album comes out :creep:

i am just ready for a promo single or something.

West Coast was so different that it just got me even more hyped for what the rest of the songs are going to sound like. Also, I think it would be a good idea to at least have drop hints or teasers to keep interest peaked until the album or new single comes out. I just hope they don't let the West Coast hype die too much and go completely silent and have to start the "hyping" process all over again.

Guest Dot

Judging from my reaction towards his production for West Coast, I'm 80% sure that I'm gonna prefer Heath's and Nowel's demos, considering I will actually get to hear them. :toofunny:

Judging from my reaction towards his production for West Coast, I'm 80% sure that I'm gonna prefer Heath's and Nowel's demos, considering I will actually get to hear them. :toofunny:

nnnnn, me too.

I'm curious to hear the new "Black Beauty". Tho. Probably not as good as the original.

today in English class we read a text about dystopias and A Clockwork Orange was mentioned. Even though we figured out that Lana's album probably has got nothing to do with it I was like "ULTRAVIOLENCEEEEEE!!!"

then my teacher gave us a vocabulary list and ultraviolet and ray were two of the words we are supposed to learn. I screamed again "ULTRAVIOLENCEEEE and LAAANNNNAAA !! :woot:

Lana's impact is really awkward sometimes  :toofloppy:  anyways, I take this Englisch lesson as a hint that UV isn't that far away anymore...

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Guest Dot

nnnnn, me too.

I'm curious to hear the new "Black Beauty". Tho. Probably not as good as the original.

Yeah me too. I'm praying that he didn't put the muffled vocal effect on every track because that would most definitely ruin everything, at least for me.

WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING WHATS GOING ON RIGHT NOW

ok there is gonna be a standard edition of Ultra, a deluxe, super deluxe and vinyl

and a possible track list is on amazon http://www.amazon.fr/Ultraviolence-Lana-Del-Rey/dp/B00K5T1LY0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1399556624&sr=8-4&keywords=lana+del+rey+ultraviolence

"Even Lana, watching her record these songs that are extremely personal and make me uncomfortable,  there's something great about that."

:icant:  :icant:

She's, like, wearing a fucking gown under a spotlight. It must have been insane. But she sang live and there are no edits. It was awesome. She impressed everybody."

I really love her SNL performance and thx to Dan for praising it.

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif